• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Nice looking thread and game, I always favored Crystal over Gold and Silver(IDK Why :P)

Couldn't you just give the main guy the Vs.Seeker at some point in the game, that could work well enough for re-matching trainers :)
I never really liked/used the phone in G/S/C either.

Anyways, Good Luck with this :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I got some ideas for you so that it won't be a complete remake. You should add side quests like finding the GS ball and catching celebi. Also adding more legendaries would be cool too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
I honostley love this.
All we need is a succesful silver remake and we have all of them.
:)

Anyways I decided to make you a userbar.
lcrstal.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/WHATEVA_2006/lcrstal.png[/IMG]

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
wow pics look gr8 thoguh the sprite seems kinda funny..anyway cant wait to c the nxt batch of updates

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Ooooh, Zeikku was telling me about this a couple of days ago, and he was right, it's great! Nice features, the berry growing system seems cool :)
Well, best of luck, can't wait for the beta :) Nice title screen by the way, Suicune is cool!

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Nice looking thread and game, I always favored Crystal over Gold and Silver(IDK Why :P)

Couldn't you just give the main guy the Vs.Seeker at some point in the game, that could work well enough for re-matching trainers :)
I never really liked/used the phone in G/S/C either.

Anyways, Good Luck with this :)

Could I have a mod delete 2 of these 3 messages, I got a blank page and refreshed and a few times and this must have caused a Multi-post, sorry about that :(

Thanks. About the vs seeker. I would use that and that is exactly what i have done (vs seeker = Pokegear) but i just cant get the vs seeker trainer battle too work. So basically you get the VS seeker but i dosnt work. Yet.

I got some ideas for you so that it won't be a complete remake. You should add side quests like finding the GS ball and catching celebi. Also adding more legendaries would be cool too.

You know what? Thats ecactly what i'm gonna do. Im gonna try too add side quests for all the legends. there will be a special event for the GS BALL too :). I'm saying any more as it will ruin all the plans.

I honostley love this.
All we need is a succesful silver remake and we have all of them.
:)

Anyways I decided to make you a userbar.
lcrstal.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/WHATEVA_2006/lcrstal.png[/IMG]

Thanks for the userbar dude its looks great. I'll add it too the first post with a few others when i get them done.

wow pics look gr8 thoguh the sprite seems kinda funny..anyway cant wait to c the nxt batch of updates

Thanks. Which sprite are you talking about? if its silver then we changed that allready and if its the trainer card then were making a new one.

Ooooh, Zeikku was telling me about this a couple of days ago, and he was right, it's great! Nice features, the berry growing system seems cool :)
Well, best of luck, can't wait for the beta :) Nice title screen by the way, Suicune is cool!

Thanks. I love suicune too.

Ok. Ive spent the day brushing up scripts and fixing bugs ready for a beta. I'll try too post some new screenies too.
link

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
This is nice. :)
! question:
Do you plan on changing the boy backsprite to match the boy OW?

linkandzelda

Years
This is nice. :)
! question:
Do you plan on changing the boy backsprite to match the boy OW?

Yes we are. Its quite funny you should ask this because zel uses the backsprite that gose with my hero OW and I use the backsprite that goes with his OW lol.

I was wondering how far you are with music.

GSC remixes? I have New Bark Town, Cherrygrove City, Ecruteak City, Goldenrod City and Elms Lab.

Those are the ones I have so far. I'm still loking/remixing the others.

I've updated the first post with some banners people can put in there sig to show there support.
link

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
Nice hack, im a great fan of the g/s/c era and i love the look of yours, and cant wait to play the beta i hope it comes soon. if you need anything just ask me . ok ?

linkandzelda

Years
Nice hack, im a great fan of the g/s/c era and i love the look of yours, and cant wait to play the beta i hope it comes soon. if you need anything just ask me . ok ?

thanks. i think gsc is the best one ever made tbh.

Wow, that's a weird coincidence! XD
GL~

thanks.

Update: Heres a few new screens for you:

stay tuned for more updates.
link

Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
The Map in the very bottom left corner in the marine town(Can't remember the name >>) where the sick Ampharos is, the tower just looks a little thin, but otherwise nice screenies :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2009
Man this hack came out of nowhere! It looks great so far! Are you going to add any extra areas in the game? That would keep the game different from Crystal so it's not an exact remake.

Years
The battle tower looks great! As soon as the beta comes out i'm playin this game! I always loved crystal version, hope you animate the sprites too (might not happen) good luck!

linkandzelda

Years
The Map in the very bottom left corner in the marine town(Can't remember the name >>) where the sick Ampharos is, the tower just looks a little thin, but otherwise nice screenies :)

Well. that is the same size as in the original. if i make it bigger then i'll mess the map up a bit.

Man this hack came out of nowhere! It looks great so far! Are you going to add any extra areas in the game? That would keep the game different from Crystal so it's not an exact remake.

Thanks. Yes there will be new areas and and new sidequests.

The battle tower looks great! As soon as the beta comes out i'm playin this game! I always loved crystal version, hope you animate the sprites too (might not happen) good luck!

Thanks. btw thats not the battle tower. its another tower :). animated sprites will not happen im afraid but it would be good.

Ok. I've been working on some palletes and new tiles as a respose to some of the comments. I'll post some screenies of them soon.

link

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Oh this is nice. But stop copying zel you lazy kid. He is teh onlys hacker who cans do johto. he is the best and you sex haxor! Kiddin kiddin. Its always good for competion. I hope to see more and play some betas.

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
Years
Just a question. It's a remake from crystal right. So is the Suicune event in it. (you know, you follow suicune across Jotho and battle it in the tower were you catch Ho-oh in gold.(forgot the name :p))

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Oh this is nice. But stop copying zel you lazy kid. He is teh onlys hacker who cans do johto. he is the best and you sex haxor! Kiddin kiddin. Its always good for competion. I hope to see more and play some betas.
we're not competing against zel and shiny gold :) we just have similar goals

Just a question. It's a remake from crystal right. So is the Suicune event in it. (you know, you follow suicune across Jotho and battle it in the tower were you catch Ho-oh in gold.(forgot the name :p))
yeah of course thats in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back