• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm the webmaster at a nightclub on my college campus, but the first weekend of the year everyone that works for the club has to pitch in to help set up for the big outdoor concert of the year haha. THIS WASN'T IN MY JOB DESCRIPTION

Also it was just a regular shirt, that I have to wear again outside for 8 hours tomorrow setting up some more...;___; -whine whine whine-

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Hi school. You're coming soon right? *Waves at school obnoxiously.*

I haven't really been active here as of late I've been on other forums. I'm sorry. ^^;

Last edited:

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Sup Yuki.

That's how they get you, Toujours. Your job sounds quite fun though. You guys have nice sit-down jobs, I'd love to try that out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I could never do a physical job, I'm way too girly @-@ Do you not have a sit-down one?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah, same with me. I like sitting on my butt too much haha. @_@ Would be nice though, if I could somehow be physical while I animate.. though if I did, I would be absolutely drained by the end of the day.. it takes so much brainpower @_@

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I tried looking for a job but no one was hiring so I gave up... and I decided that my job is school right now because education is very important to me.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I was working as a hostess at a restaurant while I was at school, but they gave me the summer off. So, I'm hoping to get back to that this school year because I really don't want to live at home this summer & I need to save up to study abroad.

I have to wear all black like the wait staff, but I get to be all fancy about it! :) I'll end up a waitress soon though.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Kura, do you take walks during lunchtime or anything like that?

Does that help you make your own coffee drinks at home?

And/or do you get free drinks? *o*

It actually has helped me out a lot culinarily. There is a red squiggly line under that word so don't use it in real life.

And yes, I do get free drinks :) and I pull all kinds of shenanigans with that privilege. I have concocted things you can't even begin to imagine. I throw pastries into the blender.

Years
Yeah, same with me. I like sitting on my butt too much haha. @_@ Would be nice though, if I could somehow be physical while I animate.. though if I did, I would be absolutely drained by the end of the day.. it takes so much brainpower @_@

You burn the calories with your mind!

I tried looking for a job but no one was hiring so I gave up... and I decided that my job is school right now because education is very important to me.

Well, you're fifteen right? In which case I wouldn't worry at all about whether you can get a job or not, unless you really require the income or something. In a couple of years down the line is when I would be looking for work, but that could just be me.

I was working as a hostess at a restaurant while I was at school, but they gave me the summer off. So, I'm hoping to get back to that this school year because I really don't want to live at home this summer & I need to save up to study abroad.

I have to wear all black like the wait staff, but I get to be all fancy about it! :) I'll end up a waitress soon though.

Mmm, you're more than welcome to cater to my needs anytime ;p

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Well thought out Yuki. :) If you start looking next year you may have more luck, but if you don't have to have another job, I'd just focus on education. It may be nice to have that extra money but you're risking being too worn out to do your best at school.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Kura, do you take walks during lunchtime or anything like that?

It actually has helped me out a lot culinarily. There is a red squiggly line under that word so don't use it in real life.

And yes, I do get free drinks :) and I pull all kinds of shenanigans with that privilege. I have concocted things you can't even begin to imagine. I throw pastries into the blender.

I do, but lately I've been practicing in the company band at lunchtime.. so.. ._. that means sitting at a (piano) keyboard for that time.

Oh well!

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I play piano too, and if you put your body and soul into it it can take a lot out of you! I perform at a restaurant sometimes and I am usually sweating by the end of my session.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I agree it's no basketball, although I have to point out that you can put a ton of back and arms into it, and although you don't put much effort into pedaling, there are many keyboardists who stand up and play and use a ton of energy. But man, I haven't played basketball in forever, it used to be my favorite sport :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back