• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Which is exactly why id take the challenge.. me being an extremist and an extreme grinder but I wouldn't know if anyone else would take up a solo nuzlocke let alone an ultimate

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
It'd still be hard. You'd have to use a Pokemon from Kanto though, so you can use it for every Generation. If you do go ahead with it, use an Oddish or something.

And I thought something like Monotype Water Nuzlocke would be hard in Hoenn. :(

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
It'd still be hard. You'd have to use a Pokemon from Kanto though, so you can use it for every Generation. If you do go ahead with it, use an Oddish or something.

And I thought something like Monotype Water Nuzlocke would be hard in Hoenn. :(
Or Zubat. He's in all the games. But good luck getting him past the Rock Gym that is the first gym in 3/4 of the games.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think something like an Exeggutor solo-speed run could go well or something. I'd do it in Sinnoh, but I really don't like that place and it's awfully terrible there. Sinnoh is something you don't want to go through several times. D:

As for my Nuzlocke, I just arrived in Mauville. Azumarill pretty much solo'd Brendan. :D

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Remember when I asked to be the Pokemon above Slateport (East of the Trick House) Yeah who did I end up to be ^_^

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
You can always rename it right ;-;

I meanI loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Vileplume, and BellAWESOME was one of my survivers from my Moemon Fire Red Omega Nuzlocke. So I'd love to be it. That is if you rename Bag O'Weed

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Wow well that's a very pleasant name for oddish lol..

Can't stop what the trainer wants..

My nuzlocke solos just seem to avoid me now.. I can't find a single thing to hack in charmander for silver -___-

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
That number is insane. I used to smile when Challenges got like 10 visitors. 20 ? I think we're really popular ! =D

As for my challenges... I'm beginning my Quartz Nuzlocke. I won't name abominati- err, I mean, Baromo- Pokemon after you since... it will be pretty difficult to describe how they look like. And I suppose some of you never played Quartz.

...If you get a Tigat, name it after me...

What? Am I seriously the only one that likes the Quartz pokemon?
Some of 'em are sorta cool.

Ahem, I have been doing a lot of hack monotype CHALLENGES recently.

Quartz - Dark
Topaz - Fire
Ruby Destiny - Reign of Legends - Ghost
Flora Sky - Electric
Brown - Bug

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Like I've said, I've never seen a Quartz Pokemon, nor have I ever played the game. Hacks don't really interest me, especially if they're based off of Firered/Leafgreen. I don't know why, but those graphics really tick me off. I know graphics don't make a game, but it's just a weird quirk that I have.

Also I'm thinking of taking on another challenge later or soon, depending on when I start my Dexter Challenge, so recommendations? I'm thinking either Zodiac or word, but it would be hard, considering with all the new Orphicius or whatever crap.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
You know what else ticks me off? When OPs don;t update a challenge list for a month. I'm looking at you, mryyh, alakazam. Is once every two weeks too much to ask? I don't own any of these threads, so is this too much to ask? and yes, I'm really asking. I want to make sure that the peeve I have right now should in fact be a peeve.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I think the last time Nuzlocke Updated was when I was the First "Hack" Nuzlocke Champ.

I don't know, I havn't seen the OP for a looooooooooooooooong time.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I don't know when I can update it!!! I'm sorry! I have a big Physics test on Wednesday, so possibly Wednesday night, if I'm not too bummed over it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You know what else ticks me off? When OPs don;t update a challenge list for a month. I'm looking at you, mryyh, alakazam. Is once every two weeks too much to ask? I don't own any of these threads, so is this too much to ask? and yes, I'm really asking. I want to make sure that the peeve I have right now should in fact be a peeve.

This is why I don't even make lists. And when I did, what pissed me off was members that nagged me about updating it. With that said, please don't do it. Those are some of the biggest threads in the section, and they don't need members breathing down their necks about updating a list. It's not like it really matters if you're on a list. You're doing the challenge and updating in the thread. I'd say that's proof enough that you're participating.

Sorry, I just felt like I needed to say something on that subject, since I know I hate getting nagged about lists and other things. You know, we all do have things to do outside of PC and challenges.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

This is why I don't even make lists. And when I did, what pissed me off was members that nagged me about updating it. With that said, please don't do it. Those are some of the biggest threads in the section, and they don't need members breathing down their necks about updating a list. It's not like it really matters if you're on a list. You're doing the challenge and updating in the thread. I'd say that's proof enough that you're participating.

Sorry, I just felt like I needed to say something on that subject, since I know I hate getting nagged about lists and other things. You know, we all do have things to do outside of PC and challenges.
Okay, thanks. It's really not that big a deal for me, now that I think about it, but I also hate other people posting that "I'm not on the list yet! What gives?" rather than using VMs or PMs. Anyway, I try not to nag too much. No more posts on this subject are needed, guys. The question is asked and answered.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That in mind too, I hate when people fill up the first page with questions. :( Most of the time, I even explicitly say "if you have questions, please VM/PM me" but nooooo. If you don't read that, then chances are you didn't even read the rules. People get so crazy. I just like my challenge threads to stay as sign ups and updates for cleanliness and organization. ;o;

Years
Wow well that's a very pleasant name for oddish lol..

Can't stop what the trainer wants..

My nuzlocke solos just seem to avoid me now.. I can't find a single thing to hack in charmander for silver -___-
If you're playing on a Rom, you could either google for Gameshark codes and eventually, after a ton of annoying ones about shiny level 100 legendaries that know as many variations of Hyper Beam as there are in the game (oh wait, this is Silver, so it will be different about that...but not better) eventually find the only thing that matters: The wild Pokemon modifier codes. Takes 5-10 minutes to figure out how they work, and, voila, you'll find a wild Charmander.
Or you could go to Swampert Tools (a site for hacking tools), and look for the GSC Starter Editor (should be called StartEdGSC.exe). Can't do anything wrong with this one.
If you're playing on a cartridge, I have no idea what to do though.

To add to the current discussion... Iirc when I was the OP of a challenge thread a year ago or so, I updated it very frequently, but in the end this only led to the list of participants being HUGE, because more often than not people start a challenge, and forget about it soon after. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm doing such things myself a lot, especially recently. So, by now I'm thinking there's no point in having a participants list in a challenge thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back