• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
I'm confused about IV training, I've read several guides but still a little confused

when you talk to that dude at the battle subway and he judges a pokemon, if he says its outstanding, then that supposedly means that the Pokemon has all possible 31 IV's in each stat right?

but there is a second part, where he will saying something about 1-3 other stats and tell you that they are either fantastic or cant be better in that regard, etc.

so if outstanding means that it has all possible 31 IVs across all the stats, then what does the second part mean?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm confused about IV training, I've read several guides but still a little confused

when you talk to that dude at the battle subway and he judges a pokemon, if he says its outstanding, then that supposedly means that the Pokemon has all possible 31 IV's in each stat right?

but there is a second part, where he will saying something about 1-3 other stats and tell you that they are either fantastic or cant be better in that regard, etc.

so if outstanding means that it has all possible 31 IVs across all the stats, then what does the second part mean?

The first thing he says is about the overall total your IVs make up when added together. The second part is about what stat has the highest IV. Can't be better means it has 31 IVs in that stat.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
About the Pokémon Global Link...
I participated in the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle, I was on 66th place and... I don't have a Custap berry in my promotions page... Why? :/
I've had some disconnects when I was winning (damn those sore losers!), but I didn't disconnect when I was losing. Do you think it might be because of that? Or could it be a glitch or something?.....

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
About the Pokémon Global Link...
I participated in the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle, I was on 66th place and... I don't have a Custap berry in my promotions page... Why? :/
I've had some disconnects when I was winning (damn those sore losers!), but I didn't disconnect when I was losing. Do you think it might be because of that? Or could it be a glitch or something?.....
Check in two hours...or if it's GMT, should be there now and I have no idea.

Cyclone

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
Years
Does anyone have AR codes for Instant egg,instant hatch, and a shiny pokemon code? (does trading pokemon from using a shiny pokemon code count as illegal? someone sent me one and I just needed clarification)

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
Does anyone have AR codes for Instant egg,instant hatch, and a shiny pokemon code? (does trading pokemon from using a shiny pokemon code count as illegal? someone sent me one and I just needed clarification)

If you're thinking of opening a Trade Shop, the only code that people would accept is the Fast Hatch code. You have to wait for the egg, and are not allowed to hack in shiny pokemon.
But i have a code for the Instant Hatch.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years

That Pokemom may be legal, but not legitimate. Therefore I would not suggest trading hacked Pokemon. In addition, not only do we frown upon using an Action Replay to obtain shinies here, it us also against our Trade Corner rules.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2013
Pokemon Trainer Card Trainer Class

Hi everyone,

At the moment I'm playing Black 2 Version and I according to my Trainer Card my Trainer Class is an Ace Trainer. I accidently tapped my Trainer class to this when changing my Nature. The thing is I don't really want to be an Ace Trainer and I was wandering if there is a way to make my Trainer Class a PKMN Trainer again. Is there anyway I can do this without AR because I am using a 3DS?

Thank you,

-LordMax

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
hi guys, trade problem

can anyone tell me when can i start trading pokemon on black 2, iv only just started playing it and i wanted to trade my charmander from another game to black, i dont know if thats even possible but id like to know. thnxxxxx

Years
can anyone tell me when can i start trading pokemon on black 2, iv only just started playing it and i wanted to trade my charmander from another game to black, i dont know if thats even possible but id like to know. thnxxxxx

You need to beat the first Gym and get the C-Gear.

Hi everyone,

At the moment I'm playing Black 2 Version and I according to my Trainer Card my Trainer Class is an Ace Trainer. I accidently tapped my Trainer class to this when changing my Nature. The thing is I don't really want to be an Ace Trainer and I was wandering if there is a way to make my Trainer Class a PKMN Trainer again. Is there anyway I can do this without AR because I am using a 3DS?

Thank you,

-LordMax

No, you cannot change your Trainer Class back to PKMN Trainer. The custom Trainer Classes change your sprite in the Union Room.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
Years
If you're thinking of opening a Trade Shop, the only code that people would accept is the Fast Hatch code. You have to wait for the egg, and are not allowed to hack in shiny pokemon.
But i have a code for the Instant Hatch.

I'm not using it for a shop, just my own personal use is all.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
On Black 2,

Where is a good place to train Pokemon and get lots of exp for Pokemon around lv70/80 other then the Pokemon leagues and Big Stadium/Small Court?

I get sort of tired of going to the Pokemon Leagues over and over, and I can only battle in the Big Stadium and Small Court once a day.

Years
You should just be able to keep tapping the Class and it'll become PKMN Trainer.

No, you actually cannot change the class back to PKMN Trainer. I've tested it myself.

On Black 2,

Where is a good place to train Pokemon and get lots of exp for Pokemon around lv70/80 other then the Pokemon leagues and Big Stadium/Small Court?

I get sort of tired of going to the Pokemon Leagues over and over, and I can only battle in the Big Stadium and Small Court once a day.

Have you tried battling wild Audino?

Equip the Lucky Egg (which you should have obtained from Juniper in Celestial Tower) to the Pokemon you want to train and your EXP gain should be doubled. Be warned that the amount of EXP given decreases as you level up due to the fact that EXP is calculated depending on the difference between your Pokemon's level and the opponent's.

You can find them in all areas (except Route 19) with grass. Just run around and look for a patch of grass shaking, for the high-level ones in the post-game look at Routes 1, 2, 3 and 18 as well as Pinwheel Forest and the Dreamyard.

Last edited:

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
Does anyone know where I can find wild Stunky in Pokemon Black 2? I looked and it says something about a Noisy Hidden Grotto Funfest Mission. Can anyone explain what this means? I'm guessing it's a mission or something. Also do I need another copy of Black 2 o White 2 to do this mission. I'm really curious about the way to obtain Stunky since I have no Wi-Fi on my DS lite (due to my security being incompatible) and I have no Diamond available so this is the only other game where Stunky can be caught.

EDIT: If it's a mission, how do I get the mission? Do I get it from an NPC? Can someone please explain this whole thing so it could clear for me.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Does anyone know where I can find wild Stunky in Pokemon Black 2? I looked and it says something about a Noisy Hidden Grotto Funfest Mission. Can anyone explain what this means? I'm guessing it's a mission or something. Also do I need another copy of Black 2 o White 2 to do this mission. I'm really curious about the way to obtain Stunky since I have no Wi-Fi on my DS lite (due to my security being incompatible) and I have no Diamond available so this is the only other game where Stunky can be caught.

EDIT: If it's a mission, how do I get the mission? Do I get it from an NPC? Can someone please explain this whole thing so it could clear for me.

When you play the Funfest Mission Noisy Hidden Grottos, enter some Hidden Grottos. Some of them will have a wild Stunky instead of the normal Pokémon there. You only need the one game as well.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
Thanks and a few more questions:

To get the Permit do you have to have seen Genesect, Victini, Meloetta, and Keldeo?

To get the Oval Charm do you have to catch those Pokemon?

And finally, to get the Shiny Charm do you have to catch Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect?

I'm figuring the answer is no but I need to make sure.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thanks and a few more questions:

To get the Permit do you have to have seen Genesect, Victini, Meloetta, and Keldeo?

To get the Oval Charm do you have to catch those Pokemon?

And finally, to get the Shiny Charm do you have to catch Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect?

I'm figuring the answer is no but I need to make sure.

Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect and Victini aren't needed if memory serves me right. Same goes for Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Avenged
That Pokemom may be legal, but not legitimate. Therefore I would not suggest trading hacked Pokemon. In addition, not only do we frown upon using an Action Replay to obtain shinies here, it us also against our Trade Corner rules.

Out of curiosity, how does not waiting for the egg nullify it's legitimacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back