• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
We're talking first ever playthrough, right?

Then on Ruby version I chose Mudkip...Hell, I still remember my party. I remember, because my older brother had Sapphire and he chose Treecko. LOL

And on Fire Red version I chose Charmander...I kinda found that game...Bleh, compared to Ruby and Sapphire...Is that strange?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
For Sapphire and Emerald I've always picked Treecko. I just think he's a really cool starter. For Firered I picked Bulbasaur and Leafgreen I once picked Charmander and the rest of the times I picked Bulbasaur then I lost the cartridge. :/

Ss4gogeta0

Game Designer
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Just Treecko... he seemed pretty chill.... and for FR/LG I went back to CHarmander... because that is how I roll

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
On my first playthrough of Ruby I picked Torchic, thought it looked the coolest (at the time).

First playthrough on LeafGreen I decided to go for Squirtle, like my first playthrough of Blue, for nostalgias sake. Most of the time I still pick Squirtle :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2012
i did charmander for fire red i theen trained it to level 90 and thrashed the elite four with just 1 pokemon

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
On Sapphire, I chose Mudkip because I thought it looked cool and it's still my favorite. I think in Emerald, I chose Treecko. I don't remember who I chose for Ruby. For Leafgreen, I think I chose Bulbasaur. Same with FireRed.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
In the very first time I recall playing Emerald, back in 2005, I picked a Treecko hoping it would evolve into something it didn't. I remember I had it as a Sceptile at level 65 before the seventh gym, and back then I had no idea about rematches or grinding.

In my Diamond profile way back in 2007, I picked Turtwig because I saw Torterra in a Pokémon magazine. In my first Platinum profile in 2009 I picked Chimchar, but after those profiles I always seemed to pick Piplup because of Empoleon's dual Water/Steel type combo. In Black version I picked Snivy because I really disliked Tepig and didn't really care for Oshawott. Plus, Serperior is just epic, isn't it?

Cyprium

Maître de la Terre
Years
Oh boy, let me see... I had a copy of all of the games in Gen III so this might be difficult to recall.

Sapphire - A nameless male Torchic
Ruby - A Torchic whose name I can't recall
Emerald - A male Treecko named Link
Second copy of Emerald - An unnamed, male Mudkip
Leaf Green - A female Squirtle whose name I can't remember
Fire Red - A female Charmander whose name I can't remember

I feel kind of guilty about not remembering half the names. It's been a while.

Years
In my Fire Red, I chose Bublasaur. I wanted a duel-type, so it was Bulbasuar or Charmander(later becomes Charizard). But, so I cou8ld get some Poison stuff earlier, I chose Bulbasuar :)

rITual

We're only animals.
Years
I differed. I was always a fan of Charizard so I chose him. However, once I saw the Pokédex sprite for Blastoise in blue (I played red), I changed my mind a little.

Back