• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
I actually picture Chespin to evolve into a fast physical hitter, but I can see it going down the more sturdy road and being used as more of a wall instead of a fast hitter. Although, I'm hoping for more of the former.

I mean it seems like they are giving the speed to froakie and fenikenn. So chespin might be a slow but powerful tank. Froakie being the speedster attack. and Fenikenn the speed special attack.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I'm going to go with Froakie on my first run through and then i think Im going to go for Chespin on my second on i usually love fire types but for some reason i have no interest in it at all. But for me the real choice will come when i see the final evolutions of them. If we don't get to see the end results till we play the game Im going with Froakie

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
I choose chespin because the fire type looks as though its gonna suck and frokie well another bad look water type. Chespin looks cool

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Chespin and Fennekin are cute, but im going with Froakie because he looks the strongest imo, and cant wait for his evolutions! Wow i cant wait!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Froakie is the Oshawott of this generation, last because it doesn't look as cool as the rest...lol won't be surprised if it had the most cool of the final evolutions like Oshawott did.

wilso

Grass Master
Years
i was looking at all the grass types moves and i cant imagine Chespin using most of them i mean treecko only got absorb and its an alright attack but meh what kind of grass attack will chespin start with?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i was looking at all the grass types moves and i cant imagine Chespin using most of them i mean treecko only got absorb and its an alright attack but meh what kind of grass attack will chespin start with?

I'm pretty sure it'll get physical grass moves. Maybe a new type of physical grass move for early on, and Leaf Blade for later on? I can't help thinking it'll have something like nut cracker tho.

blue

gucci
Years
Another image has surfaced, probably fake but it's allegedly the starter evolutions.
pokemon-x-y-starter-evolutions.jpg

Guy

just a guy
Years
Another image has surfaced, probably fake but it's allegedly the starter evolutions.
Definitely calling that a fake. The background is far too naked to be an actual page from CoroCoro and the art is different from Sugimori's typical style.

Oh, and moved your post here. You're welcome.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
As I said in the evolution thread they're most likely fake as Aerilyn said here. The pallete and style of them do not match Sugimori style. Mostly the pallete was the big give away, a lot of fake mon are drawn in very dark colors opposed to the more lighter colors we typicially see in Pokemon.
Also I think they're sort of ugly...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
They're also too blue/orange/green imo, compared to the other ones, but lol if they turn out to be real.

Years
Yeah I think they might be a bit dark compared to the pre-evos. Generally there's some kind of color pattern but eh. Also I don't see why the Chespin evo would be right smack in the middle cut by the page, that seems like poor editing on the magazine's part lol. It looks a bit realistic though, and I liked Fennekin's evo.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That is so fake I can't even handle it. Those don't even look like evolutions to me, it just looks like they took the starters and made a bigger version of them. I mean, that's generally not how it works. And the artwork style just doesn't fit.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
That is so fake I can't even handle it. Those don't even look like evolutions to me, it just looks like they took the starters and made a bigger version of them. I mean, that's generally not how it works. And the artwork style just doesn't fit.

Not to mention Froakie's evo is in the exact same position. But yeah, I agree, the quality (not just the quality of the art, but the concepts as well) of these fake evolutions is very low in my opinion.

Years
While they're probably fake, they're quite good fakes imo.

Anyway, Fennekin all the way as long as they don't screw up the evolutions like they did with all the Gen V starters.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I enjoy looking at the fake concept art people come up with at least, since they're interesting to look at. But yeah, hopefully we get some art of some sort for the evolutions soon!

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
I have a feeling Froakie is going to be beast and everyone is going to cry for hating on it later.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I usually pick my starter depending on his final evolution, so getting some pictures and some more information this month would be pretty nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back