• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Project M is pretty fun, especially Turbo Mode. That mode is combo city. xD

I like it and all, it brings back just about everything we loved about Melee, but I probably won't ever go back to it now that we have Smash 4, and the Wii U version is coming in less than 2 weeks. Smash 4 has so many things to do (and a lot more characters), and I now find it more fun than PM any day.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I've played Project M before. I was so use to Brawl's floaty physics, I wasn't able to get use to the Melee-ish physics and a couple of new animations some of the fighters were given.

Speaking of fighters, here's what the final roster of the Wii U version looks like:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It's actually funnier than Snake's Codec, IMO.
Hardly

Snake codecs were actually informative and it felt like Snake and his team are actually up against people completely out of their league. Snake was also far more entertaining than Pit because he was actually being completely straight and serious (even among Otacon, Campbell and Mei Ling) in all this mess, making the situation all the more hilarious from seeing Snake's reactions. ("He attacks by...farting? Are you kidding me?!")

Palutena's Guidance is just...boring. Pit is just SUPER EXCITED about everything, which makes me him really annoying, and Palutena hardly goes into the character's background and her tips are crappy (USE THE ORBITARS FOR EVERYTHING). Viridi is the only one entertaining about all this, but she only shines in some of them. This is coming from someone who absolutely adores Kid Icarus Uprising's dialog. Really disappointed.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The Palutena's Guidance thing wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly funny either. Except for the ones with Samus and Robin. I don't think that it was meant to be terribly informative though, at least not if you've played Smash and/or fighting games before. Think it was more for if you don't know squat about some or all of the characters.

Also, isn't it a little early for this to be revealed? The WiiU version doesn't come out until the 21st.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I think a bunch of websites which have pre-release copies (for reviews and etc) have started releasing information about the games like these bits and pieces, including a bunch of youtube channels (also a source of music in the Wii U version, and similarly was the case for the 3DS version too. I've checked some out but kinda want to see the rest by myself with what got in and what they sound like).

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
I've played Project M before. I was so use to Brawl's floaty physics, I wasn't able to get use to the Melee-ish physics and a couple of new animations some of the fighters were given.

Speaking of fighters, here's what the final roster of the Wii U version looks like:

Spoiler:

Less slots? What do you mean? If you're talking about how it looks like there are many more on the 3Ds, it's just screen difference that makes the slots bigger etc.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
While I find it funnier than Snake's (Which half the time sounded like its jokes were written by an eight year old), it's a shame that Pit's Codex isn't very funny for the most part, especially since KIU was so funny.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Less slots? What do you mean? If you're talking about how it looks like there are many more on the 3Ds, it's just screen difference that makes the slots bigger etc.

The 3DS roster has four empty spaces left for DLC characters, but the Wii U roster only has two empty spaces, which means we might be only getting two DLC characters, one of them being Mewtwo.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
The 3DS roster has four empty spaces left for DLC characters, but the Wii U roster only has two empty spaces, which means we might be only getting two DLC characters, one of them being Mewtwo.
The Wii U roster has plenty more space, for at least 4 more characters. Besides, they can just shrink the roster when a DLC character is added to it like what happens when you unlock a character.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The Wii U roster has plenty more space, for at least 4 more characters. Besides, they can just shrink the roster when a DLC character is added to it like what happens when you unlock a character.

The problem is, it'll only cause the character boxes to continue shrinking to make more room, causing the character images at be at lower quality and less room for their names to be displayed inside the box.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
The problem is, it'll only cause the character boxes to continue shrinking to make more room, causing the character images at be at lower quality and less room for their names to be displayed inside the box.

Still, you can't rule out the possibility of it. I'd personally sacrifice image quality for a bigger roster. If anything, an update could be implemented which has the roster work in a "page" layout where you hit a button and it flips to the next page of fighters. A little unorthodox, yes, but it could work.

Also +1 for the sweet Mega Man theme you're rocking, mate.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Still, you can't rule out the possibility of it. I'd personally sacrifice image quality for a bigger roster. If anything, an update could be implemented which has the roster work in a "page" layout where you hit a button and it flips to the next page of fighters. A little unorthodox, yes, but it could work.
One of my online friends finds that improbable because it wouldn't make sense for the player chips being separated from the other page of the CSS.

Also +1 for the sweet Mega Man theme you're rocking, mate.

Thanks, it's to celebrate Air Man's theme making the cut in the Smash Bros. soundtrack.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
*Tumbleweed blows by*
... Hey everyone, Mewtwo's Y form for Smash 4!? Or just as a Alternate costume maybe?

Any possible new movesets for Mewtwo?

Do you want them to remake Mewtwo since it's been so long? Or, "PLEASE JUST LEAVE MEWTWO ALONE HE'S ALREADY AWESOME AND UNIQUE, JUST STOP MESSING UP MY LIHIFE!!!! D'x" Kind of thing?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
*Tumbleweed blows by*
... Hey everyone, Mewtwo's Y form for Smash 4!? Or just as a Alternate costume maybe?

Any possible new movesets for Mewtwo?

Do you want them to remake Mewtwo since it's been so long? Or, "PLEASE JUST LEAVE MEWTWO ALONE HE'S ALREADY AWESOME AND UNIQUE, JUST STOP MESSING UP MY LIHIFE!!!! D'x" Kind of thing?

I'd prefer if they got creative with Mewtwo's moveset. He was so horribly designed in Melee, that I feel players will welcome the change.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
Hey everyone, Version 1.0.4 is out! This update contains alteration of some fighters for the purpose of balance, which means any old Replays will be invalidated upon downloading the update.

Who do you think they changed? I've heard rumours that they removed Wectoring, and also speculation that they may have nerfed Rosalina slightly.

Edit: Rosalina has been nerfed! Instead of Luma respawning after 8 seconds, it now respawns after 18 seconds!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Hey everyone, Version 1.0.4 is out! This update contains alteration of some fighters for the purpose of balance, which means any old Replays will be invalidated upon downloading the update.

Who do you think they changed? I've heard rumours that they removed Wectoring, and also speculation that they may have nerfed Rosalina slightly.

Edit: Rosalina has been nerfed! Instead of Luma respawning after 8 seconds, it now respawns after 18 seconds!
Oh, so they did give Rosalina a bit of a nerf. I wonder if they did anything else?

buff Robin plz

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
Oh, so they did give Rosalina a bit of a nerf. I wonder if they did anything else?

buff Robin plz
Oh, they did a lot more. This is what I can confirm:
  • Ike's movement speed and jumping height has been increased
  • ^So has the speed of several of his attacks
  • King Dedede's down throw now sends opponents less forward and more upward slightly
  • Ness' down throw now deals only 7% damage as opposed to 9% before
  • All of Shulk's standard attacks now deal at minimum 1% more damage than before
  • "Bowsercide" - Using Flying Slam on an opponent off of the edge - now kills Bowser first, meaning that when both are on their last stock Bowser loses. Previously, Bowser won the match in this situation
  • Zelda's up-tilt deals 1% more damage
  • Little Mac's jab deals a decent amount less damage
  • "Wectoring" - An aerial momentum glitch exclusive to Wario - has been removed
  • Rosalina and Luma has had the Luma's respawn time increased from 8 seconds to 13 seconds
  • More to come
Keep in mind that I myself have not confirmed the ones about Ike, Shulk, Zelda, Wario or Little Mac, but I can confirm by reliable sources that Wario's is true. All others have been tested by me and I can say they are true.

Back