• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: POKEMON EMERALD: Time of 2nd GEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
My goodness, I'm not usually browsing this section of the Emulation forum, but I'm glad I did today. This is really cool.

I'll definitely be playing it when the beta is released. The new palettes look great, and definite props for doing the daunting task of a demake.

But I do have a suggestion for you. Perhaps you should shrink the maps a bit from their original sizes. With the tiny GBC screen, there are times in your videos where the entire screen is simply empty grass or empty city paths (VERY noticeable in the otherwise awesome Rustboro City video). I don't know how it is for other people, but when the screen is empty space, I get really disoriented; I lose my bearings quickly. It's safe to say that if Game Freak DID do Gen 3 on the GBC, the cities would not be that huge.

You could certainly still keep the feel of the cities even if you do cramp things a bit closer together, for playability's sake.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck with this hack!

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2013
Nice hack looking forward to playing when it is fully finished

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
Actually there are a lot of updates that i didn't posted here. ( because i can see that this site is more on gba hacks)

You can find more updates in this game on Skeetendo and RHO. Just search it on google. And you will how far progress are now. And for Filipinos out there, i suggest you should go in Skeetendo XD

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
A very bad news from me, I decided to change the rom base for this hack, and changed to FireRed. I just going to have limitation on Palette and music. I'm going to use 8bit so the Gbc feels will be there.
So if you understood what is written above .... I'm just kidding :)
Here are some colourful scrennies..

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
ZOMG! THIS LOOKS AWESOME!!! I can't wait to play this ^^ Good luck with this, and keep the updates coming :D (at your own accord, of course)

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
Sorry for not updating all of your on what is progress of this hack. I'm going to release a BETA really soon, I just fixing some errors. I also updated the first post.

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
It's been a year when I started working on this hack. Some says this will not be release, some says will do. So before I leave ROM hacking(Because I'm now doing a hacking tools for ONLINE GAMES) here...Beta 1.0 is released! See the 1st post.What's on this release?- 3towns,3routes- Most of the Pokemon moveset/Data are still the same as the The Pokemon Gold. Because I still not worked on it.Just let me know if you found BUGS.

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
It's been a year when I started working on this hack. Some says this will not be release, some says will do. So before I leave ROM hacking(Because I'm now doing a hacking tools for ONLINE GAMES) here...Beta 1.0 is released! See the 1st post.What's on this release?- 3towns,3routes- Most of the Pokemon moveset/Data are still the same as the The Pokemon Gold. Because I still not worked on it.Just let me know if you found BUGS.
What you're leaving Romhacking?
EDIT:Just played the game,and its....AWESOME!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
This hack was great, It is very sad that you leave romhacking, you did things that were imposible to do in gbc, but good luck, I hope we can see what things you will do in the future

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
If you know you're bumping an old thread then please don't post in it.

cabusao10, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just message a ROM Hacking moderator.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back