• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi everybody! My name is Cory and I'm new to the community. Sophmore at the University of Pittsburgh, and I have been playing Pokemon since i can remember. Favorite game would have to be Soul Silver tied with Yellow. I like all video games, but Pokemon would have to be at the top of the list!
-Cory

Lovely to see you here, C Dillinger! My favorite game is Silver, and Soul Silver too. And yes, Pokemon is always on top of my list of favorites as well!

Hope everything is going well for ya!

Years
Hello all! I'm new here. Well, actually, I've apparently had an account here since August. I guess I just forgot about it...

Anyways, I'm SevilitheArcanine. Call me Sevil for short. I stole that name from some hack I played once, Pokemon Dragonstone.

My favorite Pokemon is Arcanine, obviously.

I came here to this site to get help making a Pokemon hack, mostly to learn to script, but I guess it can't hurt to make some friends along the way.

So...yeah.

Hi everybody! My name is Cory and I'm new to the community. Sophmore at the University of Pittsburgh, and I have been playing Pokemon since i can remember. Favorite game would have to be Soul Silver tied with Yellow. I like all video games, but Pokemon would have to be at the top of the list!
-Cory

Hello there you two! Welcome!

Sevil, PC is well-known for its ROM hacking community and Shadowraze recommended the Emulation section for you, which not only has hacks to see but also tools you can use to make your own hacks. We have a few other sections outside of Emulation you might like to check out as well.

And Cory, nice to meet you as well! SoulSilver was a great game I have to say. I did love 4th Generation as a whole but I loved 5th Generation even better. I'm a die-hard Pokemon fan too, and I never plan on giving up despite me being in my 20's.

Anyways, I hope to see you two around and VM me if you need anything!

Years
Hello there you two! Welcome!

Sevil, PC is well-known for its ROM hacking community and Shadowraze recommended the Emulation section for you, which not only has hacks to see but also tools you can use to make your own hacks. We have a few other sections outside of Emulation you might like to check out as well.

And Cory, nice to meet you as well! SoulSilver was a great game I have to say. I did love 4th Generation as a whole but I loved 5th Generation even better. I'm a die-hard Pokemon fan too, and I never plan on giving up despite me being in my 20's.

Anyways, I hope to see you two around and VM me if you need anything!

I also vow to never give up on video games, specifically Pokemon. Everyone seems extremely friendly around here and I am excited to have joined!
-Cory

Years
Hey guys im new here and hoping to make a good impression on the community, I run a channel called Craftymango!

Pokemon from birth till deaht!

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
Hey guys...

I'm Anszkz.DkLt which is my codename in a group me and my friends created...

Anszkz stands for "Aneszkiez" which is a nonsensical name that me and my friends have come up for our group...

DkLt stands for DarkLIGHT which is my individual codename in the group so I guess you could call me that or David... Idk, it's totally your choice...

I'm a fresh HS graduate and I'm hoping to get in my country's flagship state university (University of the Philippines) this coming school year...

Oh and btw, yes, I do use the ellipsis (...) a lot... Seriously...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey guys im new here and hoping to make a good impression on the community, I run a channel called Craftymango!

Hi Crafty! Nice to meet ya!

I'm also a huge Pokemon fan too, and I have a feeling I will be for a loooong time. xD You'll meet others who feel the same thing!

Hey guys...

Anszkz stands for "Aneszkiez" which is a nonsensical name that me and my friends have come up for our group...

DkLt stands for DarkLIGHT which is my individual codename in the group so I guess you could call me that or David... Idk, it's totally your choice...

I'm a fresh HS graduate and I'm hoping to get in my country's flagship state university (University of the Philippines) this coming school year...

Hahahaha, I do that sometimes, but not that often. Only when I add in brief...pauses in my sentences. xD

Welcome to PC! Congrats on graduating high school! It's indeed a huge step in your life and let me take the time to wish you the best of luck in attending university!

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Hi guys I'm new here. I just came here mostly to discover the new news of pokemon and finding new poke hacks to play on my free time. I forgot to mention my name is Enestor (don't ask how the name came about, it's a weird story). But I do actually do videos, if you were wondering just type my name on a youtube search and you'll find me, but I just wanted to just branch out to the pokecommunity. I hope to see some interesting news and hacks from this website :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi guys I'm new here. I just came here mostly to discover the new news of pokemon and finding new poke hacks to play on my free time. I forgot to mention my name is Enestor (don't ask how the name came about, it's a weird story). But I do actually do videos, if you were wondering just type my name on a youtube search and you'll find me, but I just wanted to just branch out to the pokecommunity. I hope to see some interesting news and hacks from this website :D

Glad to see you here, Enestor! You'll find anything about Pokemon here, and even the news as well! Take your time to explore what we have here, and you'll be amazed as to how huge our community is :3

Have fun!

Years

Hey there Enestor, welcome! :) You can include a link to your Youtube channel in your signature; that's the best way to get people aware of your account and is much better than including it in posts. Feel free to leave a link there if you'd like.

And of course PC is a good source for Pokemon-related news since our members are all over anything new that happens to be revealed, hehe. You can expect to see it pretty much instantly here! And we're quite well known for our awesome hacks so you certainly won't be disappointed. Welcome again and have a great time. :D

Cid

Years

I've seen your threads around our Let's Play section! That's awesome, man. Oh here's a tip: putting your channel's link in your signature (and perhaps the thread links of your LPs in PC) would make it much easier for people to access your work. :)

Welcome to PC, Craftymango! I'm glad to see that you're also posting around in other places and contributing to these discussions. I wish you luck on your LPs and I hope you'll be able to stay for a long time here at our forum. We have lots of sections to check out so you won't run out of things that'd draw you in. ;D

Hey guys...

Yo! I'm from the Philippines too, and if you're going to the main campus of that state university, we might actually be going to the exact same university this coming school year. :D That's really cool! Anszkz sounds like a really difficult name to pronounce, heheh. I think I'll just call you David.

Congrats on graduating high school by the way! I hope that you'll be able to get into U.P. too. Just make sure you can balance your priorities and recreational activities well, so that you don't make the same mistakes that I did as a freshman. Oh and I used to type with a ton of ellipsis too when I was new, haha. I guess it's a common thing Filipinos do. :P

Welcome to PC and I hope to see more of you! VM me if you need help with anything, bro.

Hey Enestor. Your name actually sounds pretty unique and interesting, as weird as its backstory might be (according to you, but we all have our weird stories, so I don't think it'd be that weird, haha). Like Cirno and Megan said, this place is actually a good site to discuss news related to Pokémon. We have an incredible active X and Y section that often keeps itself up-to-date with the discussion and speculation of released info. :)

Like Craftymango, you can also put your YT channel in your signature! I'm glad you decided to branch out to this forum in particular, though. I believe you'll find what you're looking for if it's hacks and interesting news (although we lean on the discussion part of these new information). So welcome, and enjoy your stay!

Years

Hey guys...

And a big welcome from me too to you guys!

PC is a great community and I'm sure you'll be kept busy for ages! Everyone here is friendly, and some are even very helpful and not to mention all the fun stuff you can do here!

Craftymango, nice to see you're already making a mark in the Let's Plays subsection in Video Games, you can advertise your YouTube channel via your signature and someone may subscribe to you. Can't wait to see your videos!

Anszkz, good news that you graduated from high school and we have a fair few Filipinos here, some of which I talk to regularly. Speaking of the Philippines, we have a Filipino Club where you can interact with your fellow Filipino PC members. Go check it out if you like.

And hi Enestor, interesting name you have! As Cid pointed out, you might want to check out our Pokemon X & Pokemon Y section where you can keep yourself updated on all the news and speculation surrounding the new games. There's also Emulation for all the hacking-related stuff. And I hope you eventually check out the other parts of PC too.

Have fun here guys, and I'm always open for a visitor message if you need to talk!

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2013
Hai, i'll keep it short

Name is Drazza, just Drazza, please dont shorten it to Drazz, cuz people tend to do that and i hate that:p

i am old, i think and i came here via google, i was wonderhing how i could combine the GBA, with pkmn( fav game from childhood still love it cant help itXD) and well i hanvnt figured it out yet, reading guides and stuff

anyway going to roam the forums trying to find my answers, and see if i can be of help:D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hai, i'll keep it short

Name is Drazza, just Drazza, please dont shorten it to Drazz, cuz people tend to do that and i hate that:p

i am old, i think and i came here via google, i was wonderhing how i could combine the GBA, with pkmn( fav game from childhood still love it cant help itXD) and well i hanvnt figured it out yet, reading guides and stuff

anyway going to roam the forums trying to find my answers, and see if i can be of help:D

Hi there, Drazza! I think you might want to rephrase your question, because front what I'm reading I assume you want to learn about Rom hacking? We indeedy have a large section about everything rom hacking in the Emulation section, just within the Creative Discussions section! I'm sure you'll find what you need!

Hope the forums treat you well! Have fun! :)

Cid

Years
Hai, i'll keep it short

Hey, Drazza!

I'm not sure what help it is you need in particular yet, but if you wish to learn how to ROM hack then the Emulation section is a good place to check out, like Megan said. ^^; If by any chance you mean you simply want to play one of the Pokémon games available on the GBA, and you have a GBA emulator in your hands, I think you'll need to download a ROM of the Pokémon game in question somewhere off-site, and then load up that ROM after downloading it using your emulator. PC doesn't allow any form of ROM sharing or distribution, so if you're still in the step of finding a ROM, you have to search Google once again for a download link. But if you already have it, then it's pretty simple to set-up. Of course, I may be interpreting your question incorrectly. Perhaps you actually mean that you have an actual GBA handheld device and an actual Pokémon game cartridge, I don't know. XD; Maybe you can PM me your situation with a little elaboration and I can continue helping you out through private messages (I won't be able to share ROMs though).

For any further help, I suggest asking in the appropriate Quick Questions thread of the section related to your question. In this case, one of the Quick Questions threads in our Emulation section would suffice. ;)

I hope you'll be able to find what it is you are looking for somewhere around this forums! Welcome and maybe stick around even after getting your answer, yeah? This place is fun and it houses much more than Pokémon gaming help. :)

Cid

Years
Doing great! Thanks. How about you, Little Oshawott? I think I remember you from before but judging from your most recent posts...this is one of your first ones upon returning to PC, huh? You're welcome to make a reintro thread if you'd like! You've been gone long enough, and I'm sure people have missed you.

Love the username-avatar combo, by the way. Reminds me of Hikari's quirky love for Oshawott. :D

tekxxstat84xp

i am...THE BIG STAR!!!
Years
Hey im kuro. Im new here i guess and so far i have....-counts- zero friends. Im pretty bord and i NEED ENTERTAINMENT....

Years
Hey im kuro. Im new here i guess and so far i have....-counts- zero friends. Im pretty bord and i NEED ENTERTAINMENT....

Oh hi there Kuro, welcome to PC!

I understand if you don't have any friends yet. All newbies feel scared and "I don't know where to go!" when they first join but the older members as well as the moderators are always happy to point you in the right direction. Why not tell us a bit about you so your fellow newbies, as well as the older members such as myself can get to know you better and recommend places for you to visit?

I'm Nichole but you can also call me Hikari, Hika, OshyHikari or Mijukari (they're most of the nicknames I get called here) and I'm a 20-year-old from Australia. Been a Pokemon fan since the series arrived down under, and my fave Pokemon is Oshawott, fave type is Water and my fave generation is the 5th Generation. Given your signature I'm assuming you love Electivire? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, I hope you have fun and I'll be seeing you around the forums! Feel free to shout me a visitor message if you want to talk, I'm always available if you need a new friend!

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hey Kuro! Welcome to PC.

Don't fret about having no friends yet. You'll make some eventually! On my the first two forums I joined, Bulbagarden and Serebii, it took me a while to make some friends. Bulbagraden in particular, it took me a couple weeks before I made my first friend there. Sp don't worry if you don't make any friends right away, sometimes it just takes a while to make them. One thing I can suggest to help you make friends is to talk to people. If you get to know someone really well, they will more likely add you a friend or accept a friend request. One way you can make friends is definitely the clubs here. There's Pokemon clubs and club for other fandoms/interest. It's good to have friends who share common interest. ^__^ You can also talk with people in the DCC or Daily Chit-Chat thread. Just get involved in the conversations and you could make friends in no time! Don't be afraid to open up to people here. We're a really friendly community. :) And since you seem nice, I'll send you a friend request. ;)

As for myself, I'm Aaron or you can also call me AW or Kouzan. I'm 20-years-old and I'll be 21 in 16 days! I got into Pokemon through the anime when it aired in 1998. I then played my first Pokemon game in 2000, Pokemon Red and became addicted to the series ever since. My favorite Pokemon is definitely Treecko! It's a rather cool and beastly Pokemon in my opinion and is the fastest of all the unevolved starters. I'm also a artist who loves and draws anime. Wouldn't mind getting to know about you a bit don't be shy to tell us more about yourself! This is another helpful way of making new friends too. :3

Well, I hope you enjoy yourself here and make lots of friends! If you want to talk, please do send me a visitors message. I'll be your friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back