• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Opal

Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?

• Designer, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • Spriter, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • Both! (Contact me)

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 116 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Wow. I was sitting on this computer the whole day and you guys had a whole conversation. :o

Razaurus is okay but how about, but if you don't like Razoraus, then he could be Reptileaf.

Draglant could be Verdragon (Verdant+Dragon)
or Dragreen, Dragrowth, or Wyverdant (Verdant +Wyvern).
If you don't know what a wyvern is, well its basically another name for a dragon.
And sorry if I insulted you before, keep drawing Pokemon, they're better than anything I could do. lol XD

POKEMON NAMING PRO!

Indeed, sir, indeed. XD
For verdragon, keeping full words in a name doesn't always sound best.. how about.. veragon? I kinda like it. XD
Wyverdant sounds good, even though it does have a whole word in it.. XD

Yeh I geuss, but I think I'll stick with Pokemon Designs and Concept art or w/e since I'm a noob at spriting AND it's kinda a pain in the butt for me cause it takes forever, also I don't really like spriting! xD
But yeah, what you said can make it work, although I think I'll just leave the spriting to Nyu, I signed up for Designs anyways. x3

Actually, your sprite looks better than mine, I think. XD maybe we should have a vote? i think I'll post that on deviantart as a poll, without mentioning names. I like yours better but something about it is missing. I dunno XD we'll see which seems to be better by public.

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
thanks for the praise guys, I may not be able to sprite, script or draw!
But I sure know how to name, and nyu, if you don't like the dragon part, it should be Verdangon or Verdag0n, because I was combining Verdant and Dragon, and the "D" in the name Verdragon, represents both verdant and dragon, js.

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Okay, so I just finished the next Pokemon!
BTW yes I know that the next two evolutions are missing a leg, but that's because I was too lazy to draw them, let's just pretend that the missing leg is hidden behind the hind limb...so hope ya don't mind! xD

Anyways, here ya go:
Spoiler:

Embeor

Spoiler:

Firabre

Spoiler:

Blazeon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Okay, so I just finished the next Pokemon!
BTW yes I know that the next two evolutions are missing a leg, but that's because I was too lazy to draw them, let's just pretend that the missing leg is hidden behind the hind limb...so hope ya don't mind! xD

Anyways, here ya go:
Spoiler:

Embeor

Spoiler:

Firabre

Spoiler:

Blazeon

Ok, those are pretty awesome what are they based off of? Tigers?

tnguye3

Years
Basically, big cats and fire....so yeah, Tigers, Lions and such. ^_^ (Did I ever mention I loved Tigers????) xD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
pretty sick man! I <3 tigerzzz.

I don't get why you named the first guy Embeor, but Blazeon and Firabre sounds cool.
Maybe the line should be

Emburn
Saburn
Blazeon?

Blazeon sounds so sick, except the "Eon" may cause confusion.

tnguye3

Years
pretty sick man! I <3 tigerzzz.

I don't get why you named the first guy Embeor, but Blazeon and Firabre sounds cool.
Maybe the line should be

Emburn
Saburn
Blazeon?

Blazeon sounds so sick, except the "Eon" may cause confusion.

Glad you like the name "Blazeon", also as I said before, it's not just based on tigers, but big cats, so I geuss Blazeon should be fine. ^^

Embeor = Ember + Leo

But I like Emburn more, however I'd like to hear some alternatives.
Also, Saburn sounds good if you pronounce it as "Sei-burn", but there's an electronic shop called Saturn so it sounds weird, lol. xD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
ya, I meant it to be pronounced that way, lol. Thats how "Saber" is pronouncedm since its a saber-tooth tiger.
If they have to do with the sun, you could name one Taiyger.
(Taiyo means sun in japanese) Taiyo+Tiger=Taiyger

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
ya, I meant it to be pronounced that way, lol. Thats how "Saber" is pronouncedm since its a saber-tooth tiger.
If they have to do with the sun, you could name one Taiyger.
(Taiyo means sun in japanese) Taiyo+Tiger=Taiyger

The name Taiyger sounds nice, but something about it seems.. I dunno what to call it.. what I was about to say would sound insulting.. D:
Like, people wouldn't like it or something. :/ Obvious name puns tend to make things a little worse, or something. (it's not an exact pun, but I think you understand)
Churisuto came from two japanese words Ghosuto and er.. something else XD I posted it on deviantart.
Since we are english speaking it sounds more creative XD
Sometimes I like to use Latin for the names. :)

I tried tiger, but it seems they don't have a word for tiger XD I guess that's because none lived where they were.. not Asia.. XD Anyway, I tried feline instead.

Feline ---> beatitas
Fire --->
incendia, ignis, flamma

How about.. Beatincen, Beatigni, Beamma?
LOL i'm stuck.

..we need backup.
Maybe we should try Japanese again XD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
The name Taiyger sounds nice, but something about it seems.. I dunno what to call it.. what I was about to say would sound insulting.. D:
Like, people wouldn't like it or something. :/ Obvious name puns tend to make things a little worse, or something. (it's not an exact pun, but I think you understand)
Churisuto came from two japanese words Ghosuto and er.. something else XD I posted it on deviantart.
Since we are english speaking it sounds more creative XD
Sometimes I like to use Latin for the names. :)

I tried tiger, but it seems they don't have a word for tiger XD I guess that's because none lived where they were.. not Asia.. XD Anyway, I tried feline instead.

Feline ---> beatitas
Fire ---> incendia, ignis, flamma

How about.. Beatincen, Beatigni, Beamma?
LOL i'm stuck.

..we need backup.
Maybe we should try Japanese again XD

well i like the inspiration, but that will just make people think of beatles, no offense. Also the first Pokemon in an evolution shouldn't have a 3 or 4 syllable name, there are some exceptions, but nintendo tends to keep it simple. Nintendo has also drawn inspiration from different cultures, like Bronzong. (Bronze +Zhong). Zhong is a chieniese word for bell.

tnguye3

Years
I think Blazeon is definite stay, and for the second evolution Saburn fits best, Taiyger sounds...well, like "Tiger", at least the way I pronounce it, unless I'm meant to pronounce it differently. xD
As for the first form.........Dunno

btw Nyu, I like your ideas, but yeh, the names sound more like Beatles as Ace said. ^_^
It doesn't really have to be a Tiger, like I said before, it's based on big cats, so you can use Lion, Leopard etc. ^___^

Well, I just came up with another one for the first form although I think it's crap: Filynx
xD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I think Blazeon is definite stay, and for the second evolution Saburn fits best, Taiyger sounds...well, like "Tiger", at least the way I pronounce it, unless I'm meant to pronounce it differently. xD
As for the first form.........Dunno

btw Nyu, I like your ideas, but yeh, the names sound more like Beatles as Ace said. ^_^
It doesn't really have to be a Tiger, like I said before, it's based on big cats, so you can use Lion, Leopard etc. ^___^

Well, I just came up with another one for the first form although I think it's crap: Filynx
xD

ya it does suck, (no off.)
maybe it could be Flamanx (I think a manx is a type of cat, someone check me on that)

DigimonMaster

Lurkermon
Years
ya it does suck, (no off.)
maybe it could be Flamanx (I think a manx is a type of cat, someone check me on that)
Yup they're those creepy looking cats that naturally have little to no tail due to a mutated gene. It's just...odd. Name sounds ok though and fits well considering the fakemon has no real tail just flames mimicking one.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
well i like the inspiration, but that will just make people think of beatles, no offense. Also the first Pokemon in an evolution shouldn't have a 3 or 4 syllable name, there are some exceptions, but nintendo tends to keep it simple. Nintendo has also drawn inspiration from different cultures, like Bronzong. (Bronze +Zhong). Zhong is a chieniese word for bell.

I think that's why I said we need backup. As if I was expecting those names to get anywhere XD
Flamanx reminds me of a bug. Thorax, or something. I forgot.. what a thorax is. But whatever. *cough*
Filynx sounds good. The only problem with that is the fact that we have a fakemon with lynx stuff included.
..that's lynexia XD

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
filyinx reminds me of files, and many fangames have added virus type, so it might add confusion.
I believe a thorax is a bone, maybe?

tnguye3

Years
Okay, so I colored in a few more (2 to be precise) and here they are!

Spoiler:

Puplade
The puppy Pokemon, name comes from Puppy + Blade.... xD

Spoiler:

Gardedge
The Loyal Pokemon, name comes from Guard (Removed the U so that the name doesn't look weird) and Edge, as in the edge of a Sword. ^__^
EDIT: Gardedge's type is changed to NORMAL/STEEL

Evolution is Puplade -> Gardedge

Ummm, yeah...As usual the names I give my Fakemon suck, so if you have any suggestions, then go wild! xD

Oh, and these Pokemon are meant to be the first tier or "Weak" Pokemon that you get at the beginning such as Rattata + Raticate or Zigzagoon + Linoon.

So yah, hope ya like 'em.

PS: I'm leaving for holidays soon so this is probably my last entry for the month, hope ya'll miss me! xD

And have a nice summer holiday all! Cause I won't! (...stupid school...Nope, not summer school - extended essays! xD)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back