• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2008
How Can i Change the Players Starting point at FireRed , Leafgreen , Emerald , Ruby or Sapphire>?

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2008
Thanks!!!I want to ask one more thing. Is there a way to delete all the maps of the game (Using AdvanceMap 1.6)?

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
i dont know if this has been answered yet... but i couldnt find it anywhere, so...

how do i change the wild pokemon and their levels in, well, wild grass?

(in emerald by the way)

i can hex hack well, although im just starting.

and i think i saw a thread on this earlier, but i forgot where it was

any help, thanks!

EDIT: i also need to know how to change the starter pokemon's level and moves. thx!

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
neeTHREE said:
Is there a way to delete all the maps of the game (Using AdvanceMap 1.6)?

I think your best bet might be to write over the old maps with new ones, but that's just me. :\

marioware2 said:
i dont know if this has been answered yet... but i couldnt find it anywhere, so...

how do i change the wild pokemon and their levels in, well, wild grass?

(in emerald by the way)

i can hex hack well, although im just starting.

and i think i saw a thread on this earlier, but i forgot where it was

any help, thanks!

EDIT: i also need to know how to change the starter pokemon's level and moves. thx!

i think you can use advance map for emerald's wild pokemon, like the rest of the advance gen pokemon games,

editing the starters can be done in a ton of ways, u can use hex, or apps found in the toolbox.. i'm not shure if all the apps work on emerald though, so u might have to hex edit them...

hope that was helpful

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
ok TLP is really being annoying to me

1: (Answered) it's 0045E000
2: how do i make it so the colors aren't so messed up

thanks

Last edited:

Twila27

Beginning Spriter/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
I'm having trouble opening Advance Text. Whenever I attempt to open it, it says that it needs to close and gives the options to send (or not send) an error report. However, it doesn't help either way.

Is it not compatible with the laptop I am using? Because whenever I use a different laptop, it opens fine.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Ok, I have a potentially disaterous problem. When I open up a menu or get into a wild Pokemon battle in one of my caves, I end up "becoming" a Trainer on the map and have limited movements. The Trainer's overworld also becomes the male hero. I have a screenie. If anyone knows how to solve this I would be extremely grateful.

PokemonFireRed.png

EDIT: I've also found if I battle them first, that problem doesn't happen. Does it have something to do with their script?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
im mostly good now, but now im trying ruby and...

how do i change the levels of the starters?

and how do i change what the first mart you find sells?

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
i got advance-mart, and i tried using it and it says "this is no gameboy-advance rom!"

and then it doesnt load.

any further ideas?

Twila27

Beginning Spriter/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
It still isn't working after I've downloaded it again.

If it helps any, I downloaded it from rhtools.scizz.net twice and then from wah.studiopokemon.com twice. The filename shows up as a-Text_311.zip.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Ok, I have a potentially disaterous problem. When I open up a menu or get into a wild Pokemon battle in one of my caves, I end up "becoming" a Trainer on the map and have limited movements. The Trainer's overworld also becomes the male hero. I have a screenie. If anyone knows how to solve this I would be extremely grateful.

PokemonFireRed.png

EDIT: I've also found if I battle them first, that problem doesn't happen. Does it have something to do with their script?

This happened to me, I asked the question before, but now I can't find the answer I recieved.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Unknown, and Values of your trainer, in AdvanceMap.
I'll look for my post later.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was a different questions.
My suggestions include switching the position of the guy who you battle. That's what I did, and now it works fine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2008
I have a question. Lately, when I'm using unLZ-GBA to replace Pokemon sprites, sometimes the back sprite of a Pokemon just disapeers. I noticed this when I was looking through all the sprites. Like when I press 'next', it just skips over the back sprite. Is there anyway I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
I have a question. Lately, when I'm using unLZ-GBA to replace Pokemon sprites, sometimes the back sprite of a Pokemon just disapeers. I noticed this when I was looking through all the sprites. Like when I press 'next', it just skips over the back sprite. Is there anyway I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

THis probably has to do something with the pointers.
I suggest, you download PokePic, which comes with EliteMap, if you need to go back to the BackSprite.
:)

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
I found many questions similair to this, but not quite what I'm looking for.
I'm making a hack of Sapphire. Using Advance Map, I created a new house in LittleRoot. I also created the inside of the house and inserted it into the ROM. However, when I enter the house, it takes me to a black screen where the only thing visible is my overworld sprite. He can face different directions, but not move around or go back outside.
When I click "Folloe Warp" in Advance Map, it takes me to the correct place.
What could I have done wrong?

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
I found many questions similair to this, but not quite what I'm looking for.
I'm making a hack of Sapphire. Using Advance Map, I created a new house in LittleRoot. I also created the inside of the house and inserted it into the ROM. However, when I enter the house, it takes me to a black screen where the only thing visible is my overworld sprite. He can face different directions, but not move around or go back outside.
When I click "Folloe Warp" in Advance Map, it takes me to the correct place.
What could I have done wrong?

The map, in most cases, is corrupted.
First, look at your warp, and make sure it's warping to the correct place.

Then, check all the events inside the house, if there are any, and make sure nothing is wrong with them.

If all these are fine, your map is just simply corrupted, and as of now, there is no way to fix it, just re-create it elsewhere.
:(

Shadow-Soul

Mapper/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2011
in pokemon firered i used PET to edit brock and I did but the sprite is not the one i chose in pet when i battle him, and the pokemon are right but there moves are all different

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
in pokemon firered i used PET to edit brock and I did but the sprite is not the one i chose in pet when i battle him, and the pokemon are right but there moves are all different

Did you edit the moves?
Pokemon Trainers, not only have pokemon you can edit, but you can edit their moves too, unlike normal trainers. It should be near the bottom of PET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back