• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotional or emotionless?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Took a while to come up with a relevant title.

You have two options.

1. All of your emotions will be removed. You won't be able to feel sadness, anger, hurt, etc. But you also will never be happy again. Always neutral.

2. All of your emotions will be stronger than they should. One extreme or the other, in short. You'll never be neutral- always either particularly happy, sad, whatever.

Which would you pick?

Years
Emotionless. What I desire most in life is some consistency and certainty. I'm not dating material D: but seriously if I was emotionless I could accomplish everything I want to accomplish - except love.

Nakala Pri

I would have emotions a thousand times over. The pain and the hurt can be cured by happiness. Being neutral would mean never having a reason to smile... that is the saddest thing I have ever heard.

Years
As it is, I try and stay pretty neutral with my emotions when I can, not getting too happy, sad, or angry at any time. I would definitely miss being happy, but I'd rather not have my entire personality change by having highly prevalent emotions, especially if they're on the opposite end of the spectrum compared to usual.

I figured I would want to switch to having those emotions after a few months or years, though, but I guess I wouldn't really care at that point, haha.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
2. All of your emotions will be stronger than they should. One extreme or the other, in short. You'll never be neutral- always either particularly happy, sad, whatever.

This already applies to me in the first place and I've learned to deal with it so I'll go with this one, thank you.

To choose otherwise is essentially becoming Katie Holmes.

Clemps

I'm stuck in the bath
Years
I'd rather have emotions. I don't think I want to imagine a world where nothing excites me any more. You have to take into consideration, having no emotion means no joy out of hobbies you love, or love for people.

How sad. ;_;

Years
Although I tend to be a happy person 90% of the time and don't express my emotions publicly, I will say emotional, because I do have feelings for others as well.. such as when I hear in the news stories that seem depressing and then others' reactions to those stories.

I also have emotional reactions whenever I see those close to me (even friends) in emotional pain themselves, and I can detect others' emotions easily.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I would have emotions a thousand times over. The pain and the hurt can be cured by happiness. Being neutral would mean never having a reason to smile... that is the saddest thing I have ever heard.

This. Even though it already happens during a period LOL.. I think I could deal with PMS all the time, maybe I might become more stressed out and a bit taxing on others if I fail to keep it under control, but at least I wont be a sociopath.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
why do i have the picture of

tumblr_lqzyhd8AUQ1r2vk36o1_500.gif

emotional is what is

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I think that some people answering this question may be doing so under the assumption that, should you pick the emotional option, the happy and sad sides of it will split 50/50. In reality that doesn't have to be the case - the fact that you're able to feel such happiness should inspire you to spend more of your time happy and in the end I feel you'd actually spend far more time on the positive side than the negative. So, uh, yeah - that please.

BlahISuck said:
if I was emotionless I could accomplish everything I want to accomplish

Genuine curiosity here; if you had no emotions to reward you when you achieve something (the satisfaction that comes from a hard task, the enjoyment of the benefits which it brings, the pride of doing something great, etc) then why would you want to accomplish anything at all?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Emotionless, because I'm already emotional and have been for years.

I do know that it will affect my outcome, the same outcome as being emotional. I'm not going to be crying, laughing, smiling. I'm going to be a robot with no feelings whatsoever. Emotions are painful to me and I would rather...not have that.

Years
Genuine curiosity here; if you had no emotions to reward you when you achieve something (the satisfaction that comes from a hard task, the enjoyment of the benefits which it brings, the pride of doing something great, etc) then why would you want to accomplish anything at all?

Numbers and figures, brother. More more more more more. Besides, negative emotions hold me back.

Okay, if we look at psychology, drive comes best from intrinisic motivation, which comes from pleasure, which renders this thread nary a discussion at all. So we're all taking a bit of liberty from that definition. I think it would be kinda cool if I could really develop the Vulcan side of Spock though. Just that cold rationalism would come into use often.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'd go with being emotionless without question, because I feel like I get frustrated way too easily and to say it's a pain to deal with is quite the understatement tbh.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
My emotions are like a insane chimp inside me and I sometimes let him out at the worst times. While it does sound rather morbid, I would prefer having no emotions.

I can cope with being neutral, in fact I don't mind being neutral. It makes me feel like I have the best control of my body.

Plus no panic attacks!

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Emotions, definitely. I'm in a good mood 99% of the time so it would be great to have those feeling amplified. The crushing disappointment and sadness during that other 1% would be absolutely nothing.

Back