• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
I would like to see Miltank and Tauros be linked in a 3rd or pre evolution like have a calve pre evolution and weather if it is a boy it would evolve into a Tauros and if it was a girl it would evolve evolve into a miltank

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It won't be overpowered imo. Magmortar is in RU and Jynx is in BL...2? So really, Magmortar is higher than it, the most it'll be is UU or OU, I don't think it would be too overpowered. Plus if it had Luke's design!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
As much as I HATE Jynx's design, If they give it an evo it would be pretty powerful. *gasp* Finally! A powerful ice type! I at least hope the evo won't be as stupid-looking as Jynx...

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2014
hope they include pre-evolution of VULPIX i really like to see its pre-evolution a baby cute fox
HOPING they really make VULPIX pre-evo!!

Years
hope they include pre-evolution of VULPIX i really like to see its pre-evolution a baby cute fox
HOPING they really make VULPIX pre-evo!!

I don't think Vulpix needs a pre-evo, it looks very basic form itself. Not to mention most Pokemon that require stones to evolve are usually the final evo.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I was almost certain there would be another eevee evo, so I was glad there is one!

Now I'm hoping for a jynx and mime evolution, that would make my life!

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
A Mr. Mime evolution would be interesting, though how Gamefreak would achieve that is unknown, because they would have to make a play on his name somehow, which I imagine is pretty difficult to do. XD;

Buuut....and this is just me...if any Pokemon could have an evolution, it'd be Ledian. I mean, it learns three of the most amazing moves that a Pokemon could learn in competitive battling: Reflect, Light Screen, and Swords Dance, and yet it could use none of those because 1. Stealth rock weak and 2. It's weak to like everything.

So yeah, I'd like the poor cute ladybug to at least get some recognition. D:

I don't know how they would evolve Mr. Mime really, but I definitely agree with Ledian. It really deserves an evo, because Pokemon with great movesets shouldn't be so weak.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
And I also want to know: Why doesn't Girafarig have an evo yet? It really is high time that it has one. .__.

I can see Girafarig having a an evolution that is kind of like a griffin, imo. But yeah, I'd say it definitely deserves an evolution of some sort; it has really, really, unique typing, y'know?

On another thought, I really wonder if they will pull an Alomomola on us and make a Pokémon that figuratively screams "I'm an evolution of #####!", yet has no connection to it whatsoever. I can see them doing that to Chatot, make a second parrot with a sound gimmick, yet never compare the two in any official material, even though the rest of the world does.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
OH I CAN SEE THEM TOTALLY DOING THAT.

Like, a bigger parrot, or a parakeet, or something like that, and ultimately troll people with it when it doesn't even have a pre-evolution, omg. x_x

Also, can Mawile evolve please? I know it might look a bit..awkward, and it's evolution even more so, but still. :( Mawile is lovable and I'm sure it has some battle potential, especially given that it has Iintimidate and only three weaknesses!

Yessss, I totally agree with you on Mawile. I've only heard that Mawile was about 2-3% worse defensive wise than Skarmory, but, yeah, a evolution totally has potential! I mean, pokemon like Mawile, Sabyele, and as I mentioned before, Chimecho, are one of those pokemon that we are so psyched on capturing, but, they don't have that sort of "oompth" that will prompt us from using it instead of a stronger pokemon, you know?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I hope GF will connect Luvdisc and Alomomola with eachother. Just a way to evolve Luvdisc into Alomomola.

And I hope for an evolution of Ferrothorn. Better Sp.Defence and a way to get rid of the Fire type.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I think Eviolite has made a big impact on pokemon evolution. As Twilight said, ninetails can really abuse it if it gets an evolution and Thus, i don't think it ever will. The same goes for pokemons like Forretress,Skarmory,Torkoal,Lopunny,Cofagrigus,,Durant,Cryogonal,Mitank,Scizor,Weezing etc. They can all have a big impact on Metagame just by using eviolite. As a result, i doubt we'll see evolutions of aforementioned pokemon..but you never know.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Gamefreak won't take one single item into consideration when evolving Pokemon. They'll look through their concept books and go "Hey that looks like it would be a good evolution for XXXXX. Lets add it."

We've had strong Pokemon evolve before. Magneton and Electabuzz just to name two of the more popular ones. Their evolutions are pretty powerful which honestly does not say much as both Magneton and Electabuzz were already plenty powerful. Eviotile will not stop Pokemon from evolving. If so then we possibly won't get any other new evolutions this generation because Gamefreak would be too paranoid to add on to any line.

They make them strong because they can, they make them weak because they can. They are made those ways on purpose. Whether the Pokemon was strong to begin with or not doesn't play any real part in whether they get evolutions. Porygon and Porygon 2 were fairly ridiculous with how strong they were before Gen 4. Then they still added Z to the line and completely restructured a lot of what we knew then.

As for Starmie and Ninetales, We still have not gotten an evolution to Pokemon that evolve by Stone. With the way most Stone Evolvers are, it seems to be an end all evolution since most don't learn any new moves outside of 1 or 2 unless they are special cases. I can't see them evolving anything that already evolves by stone, I can see them added alternate evolutions to them though. Like how Vileplume and Bellossom are. I wouldn't expect any Stone Evolving Pokemon to get one added onto the stone evolver's direct line.

I would like Alternate Staryu and Vulpix evolutions though. Though with Fennekin being there, I don't think Vulpix will get any love since Fennekin is already a cheap copy of Vulpix so far.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The company does follow the meta, the thing is, they do the exact opposite of what we tend to think. They like changing the meta up. Which was one of the reason why we got so many new Battle specific items in Gen 5 and the Hidden Abilities. They do pay attention, but really, Eviolite effecting others that gain evolutions would make them want to evolve more Pokemon just to throw the meta game on its ear.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I hope GF will connect Luvdisc and Alomomola with eachother. Just a way to evolve Luvdisc into Alomomola.

And I hope for an evolution of Ferrothorn. Better Sp.Defence and a way to get rid of the Fire type.

I want an evolution for Alomomola. Give it eviolite and it'd be amazinggg.

Also Ferrothorn evolution would be way, way, way too uber. :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Blaziken can crush Ferrothrorn's evolution, as can Ho-oh, Groudon, other pokemon in uber who can learn Fire Blast, so I imagine it's evolution will be no different, specially since it's quite slow, unless it's evolves into a speedster...so I don't see Uber for it just like Scizor which is pretty good but not good enough. OU I can see.

I'll like to see an evolution to Pokémon that evolve by stone, maybe the monkeys (no pokémon evolved by trade twice until gen 4 with Porygon 2 evolving to Porygon Z).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Yeah, I want to see you say that when you face Ferrothorn in Rain. Trust me Paralysis/Leech Seed/Spikes(or SR)/and Gyro Ball(or Power Whip) is NOT a fun combination to face. It's weaknesses may look obviously glaring, but Ferrothorn is not a pushover, I'll tell you that much. Don't push it without expecting to be pushed back, and it'll push hard if it has to.

Also, would anyone agree with a Corsola evo? How many people even forgot Corsola even exists? XD

You got a point there with Ferrothorn. Many Pokémon with 4x time weaknesses are still useful.
Corsola with an evo just has to look so epic! :0 It's design may look lile an older coral, with plants and maybe a habitat for smaller fish Pokémon (Dex entry?).

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Both Heatmor and Durant really do need evos, but then again, Farfetch'd, Corsola, Stantler and Absol have been waiting longer. :P

Yeah, Farfetch'd could share a pre-evo. with Delibird and Stantler could likewise share a pre-evo. with Sawsbuck through a cousin of Deerling with which it would share a direct pre-evo. or something…

i want to see Unova pokémon with evo's and pre-evo's, a pre evolution of miltank and tauros so they are offficially connected to each other and i would like to see a pre evolution of kangashkan.

Wait…how are Miltank and Tauros connected again?

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Some like Tauros and Kangaskhan probably won't evolve. I mean, where do you go from being a bull or being a kangaroo? Ditto probably won't evolve because it already morphs into every other Pokémon so there's no need for it to evolve. I also don't think single Pokémon like Farfetch'd, Lapras or Pinsir will ever evolve either.

I am only psyched for Eevee to evolve into more Pokémon, which we've been shown an 8th Eeveelution (Sylveon). Whether we like it or not, Eevee will evolve into all 17 types.

Back