• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
How the heck i didn't see this hack ??? It's a really prototype idea to play as team rocket and you have done a great job !!! Keep up the effort !
Though i want to ask you something. Why didn't you use the Fr/Lg grunt sprites for the protagonists ???

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
How the heck i didn't see this hack ??? It's a really prototype idea to play as team rocket and you have done a great job !!! Keep up the effort !
Though i want to ask you something. Why didn't you use the Fr/Lg grunt sprites for the protagonists ???

I just generally prefer the HGSS style. I'm going to eventually make all the OWs HGSS style it's just it takes a while. Especially adding custom ones. I hope this also answers Rizon's question.

you can't play the slot machines.

Why can't you name the Pokémon that you receive/get/steal?
The old lady in the house on route16 doesn't interact.
Hopefully these are unnone bugs/glitches and I'm not annoying the sh#t of you
Can't wait for the next update release

Uh the naming is deliberate, I personally find it weird that a Team Rocket grunt that uses Pokemon for sport and personal gain would nickname them. I personally want to remove all nicknaming including with wild pokemon but that'll be fairly difficult.

The slot machines I just wasn't bothered to put in at this stage. And the lady on Route 16 was somehow overriden, but will be ready for the next beta.

After the helicopter crash I didn't walk out the helicopter. But entered into the pokecenter. In lavendertown.
What to do now? I can't get past the plain clothes grunt. And I can't get past the police. And I can't wake up snorelax

That's just the end of the BETA.

During battles the screen glitchs, flashs etc. I hope this will be fixed in the next beta.

I'm not entirely sure what that means. It may be to do with the DNS system. I didn't develop it, so I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. That being said now the DN system is fully integrated with different pokemon at Day and Night making it more useful.

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
Ty for answering the questions.
I had a lot of fun playing the beta. Hopefully a new beta comes out soon.
Keep up the good work!

J-Grizz

Growlithe is #1
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
Have to say really hope you complete this hack cause from what i seen from just the screenshots and storyline it is just masterfully done and i am really excited to download the betta i have seen a few team rocket hacks that looked enjoyable but yours probly comes out on top and i havent even played it yet lol KEEP IT UP (i would love to see a hack completed that is not so repetitive)

Last edited:

Hekset

tuzeday
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Oh I forgot to say this, if no one else has and I missed it. That lady who you can't interract with in the one house, before her that old man you're able to talk to?.. When you try to talk to him he says some weird ass stuff.

Years
I have a glitch (sort of): when your helicopter crashes and you go back to the top of the pokemon tower and go in the purified zone where all the skulls were and you try leaving you are stuck there (unless you have an escape rope. I did) because Mr. Fuji tries battling you over and over again. Thank you for reading this :)

P.S. Love the hack! :)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I know how to fix the reflection issue. The game has lightened palettes that are used for water reflections (I believe they are 7, 8, 9, and A for palettes 3, 4, 5, and 6, respectively) Palette 01 (in NSE) is the palette for the player's reflection. Basically take the current player's palette, lighten it, apply it to palette 01, and you can fix the reflection color issue. You're welcome ^^

Also, this looks really, really good. Can't wait to see it finished!

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
Good luck for your hack! I'm supporting you as I am making a TEAM ROCKET based hack too.
I'll start playing. Later I'm going to make a review for your hack.

EDIT:

REVIEW:
1. There aren't much TEAM ROCKET hacks made. Don't make my mistake and don't wait one whole year for new release like me. :P
2. The new graphics and HG/SS style characters are cool. Starters are TEAM ROCKET style. I like it. The new palettes in battle resemble the TEAM ROCKET.
3. There are minor bugs and contradictions. (Like PALLET TOWN music in ROCKET BASE) They're bothering me a bit. That would be nice if you would fix them.
4. Certain characters should speak like this: "[color]CHARACTER:[/color] Blablabla..." Characters speak only gray some in event scripts.
5. I think Nurse Joys in cities shouldn't heal you. In CERULEAN CITY, the Nurse Joy heals you after battling you. It seems a bit weird. You should put a secret TEAM ROCKET healer in CERULEAN CITY instead.
6. A main conceptual storyline would be great. When main character is doing this missions, there should be a main concept hidden there.
7. As the others said, reshaped KANTO cities would be fine.
8. I like this funny conversations in the game.
9. Before a theft, the game should ask "Do you want to..." question. I confront many unexpected battles with people in the city.
10. Transforming BILL to a POKéMON was creative.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I have another bug or im EXTREMELY unlucky. Ice fang- 100% chance of freezing, Thunder fang- 100% chance of paralysis, Fire fang- 100% chance of burning. I am raging so much because of officer Jenny and her snubull.

Anguscr4p

3rd Gen Enthusiast
Years
This is a pretty noticeable bug, so you're probably aware of it, but...

The palettes get really screwy at night, they affect the pokemon battle screen and everything else. I know it's because you replaced each color with a new one in the night palette, but if you could find a way to limit it to the overworld, that would be great.

As far as the hack, looks great, can't wait for the new release, keep up the great work!

Superemon

EmDee
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2017
Very good! unique, i like it, inspired me to make a hack on my own, need lot of patience to do these stuff xd im impressed

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
help... after the first intro and the guy shrinks the screen stays black. what did i do wrong?

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I have a glitch (sort of): when your helicopter crashes and you go back to the top of the pokemon tower and go in the purified zone where all the skulls were and you try leaving you are stuck there (unless you have an escape rope. I did) because Mr. Fuji tries battling you over and over again. Thank you for reading this

That's just the end of the Beta.

I know how to fix the reflection issue. The game has lightened palettes that are used for water reflections (I believe they are 7, 8, 9, and A for palettes 3, 4, 5, and 6, respectively) Palette 01 (in NSE) is the palette for the player's reflection. Basically take the current player's palette, lighten it, apply it to palette 01, and you can fix the reflection color issue. You're welcome

Also, this looks really, really good. Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks PJ, I'd actually worked that one out myself a while back. Thanks anyway though :D

3. There are minor bugs and contradictions. (Like PALLET TOWN music in ROCKET BASE) They're bothering me a bit. That would be nice if you would fix them.
4. Certain characters should speak like this: "[color]CHARACTER:[/color] Blablabla..." Characters speak only gray some in event scripts.
5. I think Nurse Joys in cities shouldn't heal you. In CERULEAN CITY, the Nurse Joy heals you after battling you. It seems a bit weird. You should put a secret TEAM ROCKET healer in CERULEAN CITY instead.

1. That is being worked on albeit slowly. To be honest I havent touched music at all, I'll fix a few of the map music though.
2. I've gotten rid of text colour entirely. It was just irritating.
3. Nurse Joy only heals you in the first two towns. My main reasoning was that Team Rocket is not as high profile in the first few towns, they get more so later. Also in regards to Cerulean, it was supposed to be that she is afraid of you etc.

I have another bug or im EXTREMELY unlucky. Ice fang- 100% chance of freezing, Thunder fang- 100% chance of paralysis, Fire fang- 100% chance of burning. I am raging so much because of officer Jenny and her snubull.

Yeah that was broken. Those were from using the wrong byte in the move effect. It's fixed and will be included in the next beta.

This is a pretty noticeable bug, so you're probably aware of it, but...

The palettes get really screwy at night, they affect the pokemon battle screen and everything else. I know it's because you replaced each color with a new one in the night palette, but if you could find a way to limit it to the overworld, that would be great.

As far as the hack, looks great, can't wait for the new release, keep up the great work!

This is actually done through a tool. I find the night palette only glitches when entering things with arrows. I like the night battle colours. To me it would seem strange that in the OW it's night, and when you go into a battle it's in full brightness.

bayerf, are you dead bro? I don't care if you're dead, finish this hack even inside your grave! -.-

I've actually been focusing on other things atm :P
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I've taken a break from Apollo for two main reasons.
There are a few broken variables that i'll need to fix, and I have ALOT to script to end the
beta. I also need to apply Jambo's flag hack.

Please make your ROM hack patch with the .UPS format. See my post below as to why...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...61#post7544361

Eh in the next release I'll release both.

In the mean time to everyone, thanks for all the support!
Once i've finished a few other things I will get back to this hack very quickly and
should have the next beta ready soon. I would also like to say that this last beta
will likely be the last for a while. It's going to be tough rebuilding Johto in HGSS style
as mapping will likely take a long time. I am even considering finishing the hack at
that point. The hack at that point will bring you to lvl 45-50's. The next update
after that may just be post-game content and general bug fixes. I'd like to hear your
opinions about it.

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
Question about the pallets

What did you use to recolour your tiles did you use photoshop or any other program.

ThatOnePokemon

I'm a Pokemon, what am I?
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I can't wait to see the finished version of this, when do you expect it to be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back