• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think they should stop making pokemon?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I really no like this question and may be overacting about some especially vanniluxe line its not even that bad...why should we stop making Pokemon? Most fans love to see new Pokemon and mostly all gen 6 pokemon were loved! Definitely not!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
If The Anime keep ruining GF's plan to promote Merchandise then someday they might have to stop making Pokemon.
I saw a news that ''Youkai Watch'' took first place in Bandai Toys sales despite Pokemon introducing Megevolution.
Prof : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...o-top-gundam-in-bandai-toy-hobby-sales/.80740
GF doing all they can to promote Megevolution So who's fault is it that ''Youkai watch'' beating Pokemon at Merchandise sales.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Some of my favorite Pokémon come from Gens V and VI, I don't get all the hate haha. But I'm weird anyway.

That's a hard question to answer though. Every time a new set is released, the goal of filling the Pokédex becomes more difficult. But I think I'm up for more at the end of the day.

TheRabbit

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
If they wanted to keep adding new Pokemon, they should have at least done it at a slower rate.

The entire novelty of the game is supposed to be "catching them all". There are far too many pokemon now and accomplishing this goal isn't even remotely fun anymore, it's insufferable. That's why I stopped buying new games after Gen 4.

Years
Last generation was a huge success, at least design - wise, and my standards are extremely high.

Pokemon are a huge part of my life, I hope they never stop making it. I can already see how devastating for me it would be if I ever found out Pokemon came to an end.
Luckily enough, Pokemon is such a huge cash cow I dont see why it would end anytime soon. {XD}

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
700+ sounds like an impressive number... but we should also consider the fact that evolutionary lines, whilst counted as separate Pokemon, are honestly not all that different between stages. (In most cases. There are some, like Dragonair and Dragonite, that don't even look related.) In my eyes, I consider these to be of the same species. Combining the evolutionary lines, I remember I calculated once that we only had around 300ish species. So it's really not that much species if you think about it like that, in terms of counting members in the same line as the same species. (Which they are in my mind, just different stages of growth.)

With that said, I do not think they should stop making new Pokemon. The new designs and creatures are entirely the reason I enjoy the series, and I always love to see more added to the roster. There are only 300ish to me, after all. Further, I think it's not really possible to run out of ideas. Our imaginations are endless in the variety of creatures they create, all of the mythologies to draw from, and the millions of species that exist in the real world. It is inexhaustible.

Last edited:

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
No I don't think they should, even though it will have to end one day sadly. But speaking of the present: Why would they stop making something that they're making bank off of? I can't see them stopping any time soon either with how their sales are going.

For my own selfish reasons I never want it to stop like Sven said lol. I've been loving everything Pokemon since I can remember and I'd hate for it to come to an abrupt halt. Even though it is a "child's" game I can still seeing myself playing it for years to come.

Besides, there can never be too many Pokemon. I quite enjoy the wide variety as long as they don't get into too many ridiculous Pokemon designs. I never was interested in "catching them all" and am quite satisfied with only collecting my favourites.

Years
Definitely not. There's far too much potential for world-building with regions based on the many real world countries the franchise has yet to adapt, entire types that have yet to be introduced (Light, Wood, Sound, even Celestial for the likes of Deoxys), and there's been some fantastic improvements lately, what with the creation of Pokémon Bank being very simple, revolutionary compared to the old transfer system, and future-compatible.

I do think that some big changes are in order: removal of the Grass-Fire-Water trio at the beginning of each game, no longer beginning your journey with the original goal of completing the Pokédex, a cross-region that doesn't have the 8 Gym Leaders system, stuff like that. Generation 6 introduced few Pokémon, but they were fantastic designs with a simplicity that reflects Generation 1's charm. If that minimal trend continues, it will be great. Adding new evolutions to existing Pokémon would be good, too. Even different, seemingly unconnected Pokémon could share new pre-evolutions, which would be interesting. Hitmonlee and Hotmonchan were originally unconnected until Tyrogue was revealed to be their shared predecessor, which I found really neat.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
If they ever do I'll have to find something else for long car and train journeys :( quite frankly nothing else really measures up.

I have a heavily rooted / emulator-rich android tablet which connects to my PS3 controller via blue-tooth and you know what?

Nope. Would still rather be playing new Pokemons'

Sometimes my haxed PSP 2000 with megadrive emulator gives Pokemon a run for its money but only for 10 minutes or so. Most handheld games are really difficult to get stuck into. I guess there's always Animal Crossing etc.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
If people still enjoy the new iterations and the quality bar is still high, why would they stop making them?

Back