• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Smile.jpg
Hi everyone, it's me again...
Happy.jpg
I just wanna ask what's the best way to change PKMN Names...
Smile.jpg
Well, you see,
Neutral.jpg
using POKETRONIC may change their names, but it gives them spaces to make it eleven letters.., as so,
Spoiler:

Sad2.jpg
Also, using Amplifier 2000 Ae changes the order of the PKMN's names... As so..,
Spoiler:

Smile.jpg
Thanks in advance!
Happy.jpg
Good day!

Well I know another tool. N-E-A(Name Editor Advance). I think it's in scizz's tools section. If that still doesn't work, there is always A hex-editor.

psyduckmaniac

Yes.I've played pkmn dungeon 2
Years
  • E4
  • Seen Jun 13, 2008
um hi is it possible to make the chance of encountering shiny like every other pokemon is shiny? thanks in advance

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Despite my best efforts, I'm having troubles with what should be a simple procedure.

How do I change one of the palettes in AdvanceMap's block editor, or add 1.
For Example: Palette 0 is Greenery.
How would I switch Palette 0's colors.

Do they have offsets which I can just simply put into APE and switch, because if they do, I cannot find them.

Thanks.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Smile.jpg
Hi everyone!
Happy.jpg
It's me again...
Smile.jpg
I just wanna ask if there's a good hack program that's best to use in changing PKMN's TM and HM learnability... (Please don't reply 'hex editor'...)
Happy.jpg
Thanks in advance!

Years
Well you're going to have to learn to use a hex-editor sooner or later, but I have a program for what you wanted to do, Pokemon Amplifier 3.2, You will probably have to edit the ini's so that it is in english but it's really simple to use. Again, you can find it in scizz's tools. It's under the name PA 2004

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Despite my best efforts, I'm having troubles with what should be a simple procedure.

How do I change one of the palettes in AdvanceMap's block editor, or add 1.
For Example: Palette 0 is Greenery.
How would I switch Palette 0's colors.

Do they have offsets which I can just simply put into APE and switch, because if they do, I cannot find them.

Thanks.

To change the palettes you'll either need a hex editor or APE.
Hex-Editors are used to get offsets though.
Firstly, make sure you've changed all your tiles before changing the palette.
Open your rom in APE and insert the offset by clicking the load button. Make sure Compressed LZ77 is clicked off.
You're palette should be there. Though the first 3 colours are from another palette. When changing the tree colours try making it match :P.

Some offsets are here:
Pallete0: EA1B60
Pallete2: EA1B80
Pallete3: EA1B90
Pallete4: EA1BEA
Fire Red/Leaf Green though
Pallete 0 should be the trees and palette 2 should be the grass.
You should know which colours are used to change them.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
To change the palettes you'll either need a hex editor or APE.
Hex-Editors are used to get offsets though.
Firstly, make sure you've changed all your tiles before changing the palette.
Open your rom in APE and insert the offset by clicking the load button. Make sure Compressed LZ77 is clicked off.
You're palette should be there. Though the first 3 colours are from another palette. When changing the tree colours try making it match :P.

Some offsets are here:
Pallete0: EA1B60
Pallete2: EA1B80
Pallete3: EA1B90
Pallete4: EA1BEA
Fire Red/Leaf Green though
Pallete 0 should be the trees and palette 2 should be the grass.
You should know which colours are used to change them.

Thanks I just needed the offsets.
You don't happen to have the rest, do you?

♠εx

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Thanks I just needed the offsets.
You don't happen to have the rest, do you?

To change the rest just enter the palette 0 and click the > Arrow.
It will automatically go to the next palette.
Stop at the one with the goldish/brownish colours. After that one is should be black and purple, don't change those ones.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hi. I hope this question hasnt been answered before and if it has i'm sorry. When i use pet to edit the trainers pokemon most of the time if i give the first trainer 2 pokemon and the second trainer 1 pokemon most of the time the second trainers first pokemon is the first trainers second pokemon. if sombody can help with this it would be very good.

thanks in advance.
Link

♠εx

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Hi. I hope this question hasnt been answered before and if it has i'm sorry. When i use pet to edit the trainers pokemon most of the time if i give the first trainer 2 pokemon and the second trainer 1 pokemon most of the time the second trainers first pokemon is the first trainers second pokemon. if sombody can help with this it would be very good.

thanks in advance.
Link

I don't understand what you said, but if you're talking about having one trainer and then another trainer, you just need to edit the trainers pokemon and save them. If it's a double battle it doesn't really matter does it?

Could you refrase your question?

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
Uh, I just compiled a script that gives you charmander as a starter,
and i noticed that after i pressed start to check the stats of Charmander, but there was no POKEMON menu.However, when i went into battle, i had charmander.Does anyone know what flag i have to add to the following code to be able to use that menu???

#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x232
if B_true goto $gotit
message $q
boxset 6
message $mygod
boxset 6
givepokemon 4 5 0
message $NameCharm
setflag 0x232
release
end

#org $gotit
message $hi
boxset 6
release
end

#org $hi
$hi 1 = How's my old CHARMANDER?

#org $q
$q 1 = To get past here, you'll\nneed a pokemon.\pTake this CHARMANDER.

#org $mygod
$mygod 1 = You received the CHARMANDER!

message $NameCharm
$NameCharm 1 = Would You like to give \nCHARMANDER a name?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if b_False goto $seeya
Namepokemon
setflag 0x203

message $seeya
$seeya 1 = Thanks!

Years
Uh, I just compiled a script that gives you charmander as a starter,
and i noticed that after i pressed start to check the stats of Charmander, but there was no POKEMON menu.However, when i went into battle, i had charmander.Does anyone know what flag i have to add to the following code to be able to use that menu???

Try asknig this in the script discussion thread next time. It's different for FR/LG and R/S and emerald. I'll list them below. You can find other flags in the flags tutorial.
FR/LG setflag 0x828
R/S 0x800
Emerald 0x860

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I don't understand what you said, but if you're talking about having one trainer and then another trainer, you just need to edit the trainers pokemon and save them. If it's a double battle it doesn't really matter does it?

Could you refrase your question?

i have 2 trainers. 1 after the other. i give the first trainer 2 level 6 bellsprout. when i try to give the second trainer a level 5 magikarp it changes the first trainers second pokemon to a level five magikarp. and when i change it back to bellsprout it gives my second trainer a bellsprout. this happens iall over the place and is really annoying.

i hope you can understand this.
Link

Years
i have 2 trainers. 1 after the other. i give the first trainer 2 level 6 bellsprout. when i try to give the second trainer a level 5 magikarp it changes the first trainers second pokemon to a level five magikarp. and when i change it back to bellsprout it gives my second trainer a bellsprout. this happens iall over the place and is really annoying.

i hope you can understand this.
Link
I understand you, I had the same problem. Just open your rom in any hexeditor (I use XVI32), search for free space (a lot of FF bytes, like here: http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5582/scrrnb6.png ). When you find it, write new address in P.E.T. (pokemon offset) and save.

MHERO

Pokemon Master/ Novice Hacker
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2009
I want to import the tilesets of Firered to Ruby. All of them. I want Ruby to look like Firered. Please, could you tell me how to do it? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back