• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

ajg.dude

Just a simple Hack lover.
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2009
Finally, someone that read HS's patching guide!
Do you get this issue on any other games? if not, then find another rom.
no, i dont, however..
i made a copy of the fire red rom just in case something went wrong with the patch, and after I realized the start button error, i tried fire red out, and on there the start button works fine.
there is only an error when the patch is applied..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Try the Auto Patch option in VBA, it usually works pretty well without glitching, and it is removed whenever you take the .ips out of the game's folder.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Can i ask some thing? How much of the intro are you gonna change?

The titlescreen, or the one with the battle between Nido and Gengar?

Well, for the latter, I dont really want to touch that -_- (too much work for something that 9 of 10 times is skipped...)
About the titlescreen, remember that it was done by Neos, not by me. And he said that he couldn't keep the animation and the new titlescreen's layout at the same time, so I had to deal with that since then, and you'll have to do it as well. It could be possible to change the Ho-oh on the titlescreen, though. You can expect a change if you really want it.

thanks so much zel your brilliant could i prehaps put this on you tube?

Do it if you want, you dont really have to ask me for permission. There's a lot of other people who have been doing it, anyway :P

Hi. My first post. And firstly, I love this remake.

Now, I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll point out a quirk in the game. Just north of Cianwood City (the one you surf to) there are some smashable rocks. There are some hidden items in those rocks, namely a Revive and a Max Ether (both useful items, of course). Now, I smash those rocks, and then pick up the hidden item. The quirk comes when you walk over the square it occupied, and then try to walk over it again, or even just approach it from a different direction. You won't be able to walk through it (a feature of at least most hidden items, I think - Is that intentional?), and you'll be able to pick up another one. This carries on indefinitely, meaning you can get as many Revives and Max Ethers as you want. I don't know if it happens for every hidden item, or just those two (I've tried on the hidden Rare Candy on the west of Route 34 that you surf to, and that has no problems). Flying elsewhere, doing other things and coming back doesn't change anything.

Hmmm... OK, I'll see that part (probably I forgot giving those items an ID so they dont reappear). Thanks.

Zel, I want to point out that if you're going to make a second wave for the Elite Four, don't give any of the Elite Four's Pokemon "Protect" and "Detect" because abusing it all the time can get irritating. No offense, but none of the Elite Fours from FrLg have a Pokemon with those moves, besides Prima's Cloyster for the first time only. ;)

Well, I've read the discussion and I dont have anything else to add. Those moves will stay, because you dont have to forget my most important premise (for the X and for my extra trainers): "I want the battles to be long, even if that means annoying the player"

Well i haven't played it yet because i hacked all my firered roms(Just mapping) but it looks great and those flowers with the white and red are from d/p in case you haven't noticed.

And why do people whine about every little problem in the game?
Instead of telling zel about it why dont you just deal with it?
If you don't like the problems then just ignore it!
Its not that hard.
Anyways sorry for double posting zel but these guys won't get it through there thick skulls.

Let's let people to express their opinions and complains if they want to. In the end, everyone must remember that I am a very stubborn person, and most of the time I do things my own way and rarely I change of opinion :badsmile:

Wowie. I can't wait to try it out. XD

And.. Maybe a suggestion..

Perhaps if you ever get spare time, you could add an option to be part of Tearm Rocket? I know in some of teh games they ask you and if you say yes, they say you're lying.. That's what really gets me.

What if we want to be in Team Rocket? It could be an optional thing, and if you click yes you'll be an automatic Leader (as pertaining to what is said in Leaf Green/Fire Red, that with that fighting you'd be a top leader).

For all the conflicts with Team Rocket, lets say you rub them the wrong way with becoming a leader as soon as you joined.

Of course, at the end, it could be that you quit team rocket.

... :P And if you don't take this suggestion, I'll attempt to make a Team Rocket-themed hack. XD

To begin with there's only one problem: that on my, Carlos', Silver's (and probably the heroes', though they wont tell it) point of view, Team Rocket is just a gang of losers, so, why would you like to join a gang of losers? :laugh:

Jokes aside, there's other people working on a TR-oriented hack, so I dont really have to step into someone else's work. And I dont like TR, except for Jessie and James...

OK, I'm still digging the game for useful stuff, and, too bad that the FR's Trainer Tower scripts are so long, complicated and they hang my scripters... ToT
Because I really want to see if I can learn something from the trainer tower, specially that thing that the trainers always have their pokes at the same level as the highest of yours, they don't give EXP and money, and some even have shinies, all of that sounds so tempting to manipulate :)
I'll keep researching some more today, and I'll start progressing once again into the adventure from this Monday (as long as I'm not studying, of course)

Well, that's all!

Years
Good hack Zel, looking great as always!

And about the lag, that the other person mentioned, you have to patch the actual rom. When I just named them both the same and had Visual Boy Advance patch automatically, I got barely 50% speed. When I patched it after downloading LIPS, it now speeded up to about 90-100%, which actually allows me to finally enjoy it!

And I dont like TR, except for Jessie and James...

From, "your" point of view, aren't they referred to as Jess and Jamie? =P

-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
Amazing hack Zel, just one question.
Are you planning to add Eusine into Shinygold?
I know he was only in Crystal, but I still think it'd be cool to have him in the game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2009
Great idea. If you're planning on having Suicune, you can have Eusine, "the Suicune Hunter" in the game.

Good luck, Zel.
Hope you consider that idea!

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Zel, I wanted to do a suggestion: Moon Stones and Sun stones are obtainable in wild pokémon, and Sun is also obtainable in the Bug-catching Contest, but there are a very limited number of other stones. I suggest you to make a font of these, like making someone trade them for an amount of heart scales, stardusts or other items obtainable through thief.
Instead, you could make something similar to battle tower in Viridian's Trainer House, but with a random TM/Stone as a prize, after, let's say, 10 battles, to make it harder. Unbuyable TMs as thunderbolt, flamethrower, ice beam and aerial ace[if you kept it] and fire, water, leaf and thunder stones.
Otherwise, you could make a battle points system to the battle tower.
By the way, I always get water stone in Dragon's Den[not a glitch, always defeat them in the same order], so, if I only use stones on the ones which evolutions aren't findable in the wild, I believe I still need: one leaf stone, one fire stone and one water stone to complete the pokédex[only considering the obtainable pokémon I listed].

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
Is the VS Seeker still functional in Beta 5
I know its been replaced with the phone card
but is there a way to rebattle old trainers

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
How?
I call them using the phone booth thing, and I get some 'Hi, I almost caught a Weedle' kind of message, then when I go talk to them in person, they ask remove my # from your phone card?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
I'm having a problem getting shiny gold to work. I did everything I was supposed to do but when I try to start the game the screen turns yellow with some sort of glitchy letters across it and then it fades to black and nothing happens after that. Any ideas what I'm doin wrong?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Are you sure you're using a Pokemon Firered Rom? Are you sure its brand new? and finally are you sure that it is the same language rom?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
Yes because before I patched the shiny gold into it i tried playin the regular firered and it worked fine and it was in english. Then it stopped working when I patched the shiny gold to it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Yes because before I patched the shiny gold into it i tried playin the regular firered and it worked fine and it was in english. Then it stopped working when I patched the shiny gold to it.

Even though its in English, you might have a European ROM rather than an American

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
Ok I got it to work, now is there any way I can make the text scroll faster in game when people are talking?

Back