• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

team for beating my friend's blue version

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
My friends blue version is putting my silver to shame. I'm trying to find a good team with a good moveset. Now, here's my friend's team:

Mewtwo: Lvl 80
Alakazam: Lvl 90
Charizard:lvl 77
venusaur: lvl 71
Gyarados: lvl 67
Blastoise: Lvl 56

Moveset for his team is somewhat unknown aside from the power moves.

My pokemon I want to use for a team and train for this battle is as follows:

Houndoom: lvl 49 holding blackglasses
- Bite
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- Faint attack

Syther: lvl 32
- Wing attack
- Fury Cutter
- Focus Energy
- False swipe

Dragonite: lvl 57 holding psncureberry
- Wing attack
- Twister
- Safegaurd
- Hidden power

Raichu: lvl 34 holding focus band
- Thundershock
- Sweet kiss
- Thunder
- Thunder wave

Blastoise: lvl 47 holding mystic water
- Water gun
- Bite
- Bubble
- Rapid spin

Charizard: Lvl 67 holding leftovers
- Flamethrower
- Slash
- Firespin
- Wing attack

Venusaur: Lvl 61 holding Miracle seed
- Razor leaf
- Sleep powder
- Leech seed
- Synthesis

Red Gyarados: lvl 35 holding dragon fang
- Thrash
- Bite
- Dragon Rage
- Twister

Kangaskhan: lvl 23
- Comet punch
- Leer
- Bite
- Tail whip

Stantler: Lvl 21 holding psncureberry
- Tackle
- Leer
-Mud-slap
- Hypnosis

Now, obviously there are some on that list that need some training. But, he has beat me several times and I really want to beat him. So, I'm asking for your help in building a team that just may beat him. I'm open to any suggestions for both party and movesets. It's mainly the moveset of my houndoom, dragonite, and syther I'm looking at for advice, but all is welcome. Same with if I need to train something that may not be on my above list. Also, I think this is where I post questions like these, if I'm in the wrong place I apologize. THank you in advanced

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hi there, two things. Firstly, you'll never win if you're not on the same level ground as him (c wut i did thar). I mean, as long as you're at similar levels, you will have a chance to win. If you're under you won't ever win. Also I don't think you can use newly introduced Pokemon in the second gen (ie Houndoom, Stantler) in battles against R/B/Y.

Secondly, we're not here to build a team for ya. If you want to narrow down your Pokemon choices to idk six that'd be a lot better but regardless it's still going to be difficult for someone to come by and rate your team. Also if he's using Mewtwo you're kinda screwed already, since you can't use GSC legendaries in your team and you can't get Mewtwo iirc. He's kind of... more powerful than anything you can obtain. ;x

Good luck though.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
Hi there, two things. Firstly, you'll never win if you're not on the same level ground as him (c wut i did thar). I mean, as long as you're at similar levels, you will have a chance to win. If you're under you won't ever win. Also I don't think you can use newly introduced Pokemon in the second gen (ie Houndoom, Stantler) in battles against R/B/Y.

Secondly, we're not here to build a team for ya. If you want to narrow down your Pokemon choices to idk six that'd be a lot better but regardless it's still going to be difficult for someone to come by and rate your team. Also if he's using Mewtwo you're kinda screwed already, since you can't use GSC legendaries in your team and you can't get Mewtwo iirc. He's kind of... more powerful than anything you can obtain. ;x

Good luck though.

If you have a Nintendo 64 with Pokemon stadium 2 and the game boy cartridge thing that plugs into the controller, you can battle the two gens. I actually didn't know that until 2 months ago when we tried it and it worked. That's how his alakazam showed me what's up. lol. But, i see what you mean. I guess I should've put more thought into what I posted before I posted. sorry about that. XD

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

Good luck though.

Mew beats Mewtwo with Swords Dance & Shadow Ball lol
Except Shadow Ball didn't exist in Gen I. *cough*

Though, if this is Stadium 2, Mewtwo's Amnesia probably doesn't raise the SpA, even if it's off a Gen I cart.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
Mew beats Mewtwo with Swords Dance & Shadow Ball lol
Except Shadow Ball didn't exist in Gen I. *cough*

Though, if this is Stadium 2, Mewtwo's Amnesia probably doesn't raise the SpA, even if it's off a Gen I cart.

Well, if it's true that a mew will beat a mewtwo, then I could trade the mew from my yellow to my silver version and train it. I already have a moveset in mind for it.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Well, if it's true that a mew will beat a mewtwo, then I could trade the mew from my yellow to my silver version and train it. I already have a moveset in mind for it.

Mew # Thunder Wave / Softboiled / Horn Drill / Fissure
This is what you were talking about, right? lolololol

Mew @ Leftovers
Shadow Ball
Submission
Softboiled
Swords Dance

All moves that start with S!

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
Mew # Thunder Wave / Softboiled / Horn Drill / Fissure
This is what you were talking about, right? lolololol

Mew @ Leftovers
Shadow Ball
Submission
Softboiled
Swords Dance

All moves that start with S!

Would thunder be a good move to have a mew know? I was thinking that it could have it's advantages, but I could be wrong..... And that is a pretty sweet moves list, I just can't remember what softboiled does.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Would thunder be a good move to have a mew know? I was thinking that it could have it's advantages, but I could be wrong..... And that is a pretty sweet moves list, I just can't remember what softboiled does.

Unfortunately, Thunder isn't a Physical move, so Swords Dance doesn't affect it. Ghost + Fighting gives Mew UNDOMINATED COVERAGE. Softboiled heals you for half your max HP (and helps keep Submission damage in check). It can also be used on the field to heal your allies at the cost of your own HP (but not PP).

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
Unfortunately, Thunder isn't a Physical move, so Swords Dance doesn't affect it. Ghost + Fighting gives Mew UNDOMINATED COVERAGE. Softboiled heals you for half your max HP (and helps keep Submission damage in check). It can also be used on the field to heal your allies at the cost of your own HP (but not PP).

Ok, this is actually pretty helpful. If I cant get my mew anywhere close to their within the time then I can do something similar with another pokemon.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I don't know if any other Pokemon learns Swords Dance + Shadow Ball + a Fighting-type move with the bonus of healing, though. And Mew has good stats too.
edit Yeah actually no other Pokemon learns Swords Dance + Shadow Ball (and that's where it's at).

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
I don't know if any other Pokemon learns Swords Dance + Shadow Ball + a Fighting-type move with the bonus of healing, though. And Mew has good stats too.
edit Yeah actually no other Pokemon learns Swords Dance + Shadow Ball (and that's where it's at).

Dang, wel, thanks for looking that up for me. I gotta get on the ball with my mew or i won't be able to use this moveset with any strategy.

Back