• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
That would also open it up to giving Iris and Drayden entirely different teams based on that aspect. :3
Speaking of Iris and Drayden, I'm still holding out hope that we get more gym differences in the two games. Theirs were the same team, just with different genders. So like in White you get to face a team that's more offensively-focused and in Black you get one that's more defensive.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Brings up a good point...

East Unova lacks Gyms. Those would be prime places for them, but some of the towns are covered in Ice... I'm very curious as to how this will play out.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps the dark gym will be located in the east once the ice melts (again if it's really there at all), I can see in Kyurem's old town, perhaps you can access it until after the legendary is caught like in RSEDPPtHgSs.

Cid

Years
I think they could do that with the Dark-type Gym. They will probably make this certain Gym that deals with the "Evil" type (the type is called that in Japanese, if I remember correctly) for the first time more special, maybe taking a few tricks from the manga and involving the Gym Leader with the evil force in the game. I would find that absolutely thrilling.

About the Gyms centered on a specific strategy, I personally love the idea. Although certain people in Game Freak do have an odd taste for making up strategies, with them giving Darmanitan Zen Mode for one. But with that aside, I can trust them in making Gyms that are not too game-breaking yet still fun and challenging.

Agreed on Shizui having Ludicolo. Or one of its pre-evolutions if he's an early Gym. He'll probably give away Scald as a TM, though, not Hurricane (although I sure wish he'd do the latter).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh right @ previous post, yeah with all the things going on in Driftveil, perhaps he could've got one of his Pokemon to go into Cold Storage to be able to give it out (Scald that is). Don't know what type of Pokemon that'd hint to him having :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ Well I checked, and it appears that all the Pokemon we have speculated about such as Poliwag, Azurill, and Lotad lines can learn it, so he could very well have scald as a move. It kind of fits the tropical nature of where he lives (it looks tropical in the scans) as the water is warm.
I see the Poison gym leader giving out Poison shock as her tm, and having a member of Venipede line as it can learn that move, plus her gitar design.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Poison Shock... Venoshock you mean? Or is there another idk about? ;x Well she could always give out Sludge Wave/Bomb, depending on how much she wants power in her poison times but it might be too much for an early gym :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^Well Lenora gave out Retaliate which is a decently powerful move, and she was only the second gym. Lt. Surge used to give out Thunderbolt, Bugsy with U-turn. These were all relatively early gym sand they each had some pretty decen prizes if you ask me.So I could see her having Sludge Bomb/wave for sure.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm okay, Sludge Bomb it is! Wave they might consider "too overpowered" due to idk. I prefer using Sludge Bomb ANYWAYS. Oh God what if she gave out Poison Sting >___>

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Hmm okay, Sludge Bomb it is! Wave they might consider "too overpowered" due to idk. I prefer using Sludge Bomb ANYWAYS. Oh God what if she gave out Poison Sting >___>
...That would really suck. u_u

But I can see her giving out Sludge Bomb. I love that move!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Sludge Bomb is da bomb. :'D (lamejoke)
But really what else could it be other than Toxic? As much as I love that move it just feels wrong for her, ya know? Of course it could just be regular ol' Venoshock.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
OH TOXIC YES. I kinda disagree since I think that'll be the perfect TM for her gym since it's early on, it's useful, but not TOO useful that it'll give you too much of an advantage. :3

blue

gucci
Years
If it's the first Gym then it won't be Sludge Bomb because IIRC it has a power of 90 and that's way too high for that point in the game, Toxic would suit it nice but a hit landing move would also be decent, Venoshock or Poison Tail if it can be implemented into a TM.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
True, but she seems like the kind of gal that'll just be like "Koffing, use Veno-SHOCK! -plays epic guitar solo-"
Where as Toxic seems like it'd be like "Koffing, use Toxic. -plucks a few guitar strands-"
xD
But I do like Toxic, a LOT, so I hope she has it.

I think Shizui should have Scald. That'd be an awesome move to have. Warm water is common on beaches and such. Plus who doesn't love a hot bath after being on a beach all day? That, and it's on of the only two TMs, so it's either that or Rain Dance. xD

Years
It would be pretty interesting if each gym leader gave you a TM with a move that helped you against the next gym leader. Like, say, if Homika is first and you get a poison move and Shizui does use something in the Lotad line you'd have an advantage over that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm okay so then logically Driftveil will remain to be... ground, since Scald would help that. :(((

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
@ Forever: Well I wouldn't say it'd HAVE to be Ground. I mean, look at the transfer from Elesa to Clay. How on earth will Volt Switch help against his team? And then Clay to Skyla, how will Bulldoze hit her Pokemon? And then Brycen has a type advantage over Skyla's Pokemon. While Acrobatics does normal damage to his Pokemon, his type has an advantage over flying type, which Acrobatics is a flying type move.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well the games do seem kinda opposite to B/W. So the gyms could work in reverse benefit - aka what Scarf said! Not impossible imo given that everything seems to be surprising. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oui, but it would SUCK if it was a hard hitting Poison type attack, and they throw in a Steel type Gym right after Homika. D;
I'd have to cry. But if they DID do something where each gym had an advantage over the one before it, imo, it would feel a bit too much like G/S/C HG/SS. Flying, Bug, Normal, Ghost, Fighting, Steel, Ice, Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back