• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Hey guys i'm new here. I would like to know when there is gonna be a full version of this hack ready to play because i don't want to start knowing that it's gonna end at rock tunnel Anyway it looks super awesome can't wait (yay)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
i hope they don't abandon this project.I've been waiting for like 3 years for this to be made :D

and as for the ??? gym leader that's replacing giovanni i think it's bill with a full team of eevolutions it would be awesome :D:D

Last edited:

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
I'm not sure if this has been reported, but if it has, please forgive me. The key item Oak's Parcel has a text issue at the end of it's description. Some random characters that shouldn't be there. Nobody ever really looks at it, so I could understand if it hadn't been noticed.
And speaking of Oak, do you have any plans to put the battle against Prof. Oak that was initially planned in Red/Green/Blue? I know it's just one small thing nobody cares about, but I figured I'd ask just to know, seeing as how Daisy is going to fight you (possibly fifth gym leader?). Granted Oak couldn't logically have the starters unless he pulled a Sycamore and kept the final evolutions to himself, but blah.
In any case, thank you for this wonderful game mod. Still keeping up with this, and can't wait to see it finished :)

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
I just started really playing your hack and I am really enjoying it so far. Also loving the new difficulty too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
ok this is a useless post, but I'm just posting to say
4fbe5b7309fe55cc1691f4dc03192be5_500.png

POKEMON TOWER WILL BE BUILT ON TOP OF THE CLIFF JUST LIKE IN THE ORIGINAL GAMES!!! Something FR/LG did not retain...

Roger Davis

Goofball
Years
ok this is a useless post, but I'm just posting to say
4fbe5b7309fe55cc1691f4dc03192be5_500.png

POKEMON TOWER WILL BE BUILT ON TOP OF THE CLIFF JUST LIKE IN THE ORIGINAL GAMES!!! Something FR/LG did not retain...

I like that look for Lavender Town. Err, well, the portion of it shown so far.

I also like the difficulty level of this. Started with Charmander as well. Current party is Charmeleon, Nidorino, Pichu, Pidgeotto and Mankey. I found Brock rather challenging, but fun.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
I was always on the fence about the tower on the cliff deal. Yes I agree it looks better and is more memorable, but at the same time I always felt like it had a case of Stone Tower Temple going on. Like, it seemed to me more like the Pokemon Tower should be underground, because death. I'm just weird I guess, but in any case, I'm loving those tiles. However it seems to change from the route to Lavender town fairly abruptly. Not sure how noticeable it is in-game, but for nitpicking it presented itself

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Oh wow, the new Lavender town looks better than the original FR/LG.
Maybe this really should have been the real FR/LG? :)
I remember Pokemon Burning Ruby with different tiles, makes the original
R/S/E down and makes the better graphics up.

TheHeatedMo

YouTuber
Years
Hey dude, really enjoyed playing Beta 1.1 of Dark Violet. I'm actually going to be LPing this on LumioseStation's YouTube channel which should give it a huge push, if there is any donations or GFX support you need, hit me up I'd really like to support this hack.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
i'm guessing if it's already at lavender town the hack shouldn't take much longer to make since that town is before you battle erika.............ok it's gonna take a while -_- :'(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
Is this still going or has it been abandoned because this is just the kind of hack I wanted to see and it looks very promising from the beta.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hey dude, really enjoyed playing Beta 1.1 of Dark Violet. I'm actually going to be LPing this on LumioseStation's YouTube channel which should give it a huge push, if there is any donations or GFX support you need, hit me up I'd really like to support this hack.
I love watching LP's of my hack, I'll definitely be looking out for it :)

i'm guessing if it's already at lavender town the hack shouldn't take much longer to make since that town is before you battle erika.............ok it's gonna take a while -_- :'(
Yes it will take a while. But that's just how it is.

Is this still going or has it been abandoned because this is just the kind of hack I wanted to see and it looks very promising from the beta.
No I did not abandon this, you do realize that Beta 1.1 was released just this month :/ I've been doing a lot of mapping recently.

6aecfde26da053ee5677f1db44b91eac_500.png

(no events yet, just maps)

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
So this latest Beta 1.1 is up to Rock Tunnel right ? I cant wait for the full release this hack is really Amazing man :)

TheHeatedMo

YouTuber
Years
Hey dude I just posted it up on LumioseStation I'd link it but I don't have 15 posts. People have already began downloading it :) lots of positive feedback, absolutely cannot wait for more screenshots during the development of the rest of the game.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
The planks on the walk are really haphazard and I don't know if I like that or not. The corner pieces seem to be made of gray tin while the walk pieces seem like they would be held together by glue with straw borders. Like, the tiles look nice themselves, but I don't think they look fitting. Probably just a personal taste thing, and maybe it would look better as some gameplay. Screens look nice, as always. Keep up the good work

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 24, 2013
wheres the download button?

TheHeatedMo your from Canada :D Canadiens For Da win.

Last edited:
Back