The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets

Notices

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.

Old April 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Can someone rate my evee team please? I'm planning on transfering these to white after I finished with them in heart gold. White version is coming this summer.

Leafeon
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 Atk, 252 SPE

Move set:

leaf blade
sword dance
X scissor
Synthesis
------------------------------
Glaceon
Nature: Modest
EV: 252 SPA, SPE 252

move set:

ice beam
Signal beam
Wish
Shadow ball
--------------------------------------
Vaporeon

Surf
Aqua ring
aurora beam
Unknown move
-------------------------------------------------

flareon

flamethrower
fire blast
smog
Hidden power
-----------------------------------------------
Espeon
EV 252 SPA, SPE 252

psychic
morning sun
hidden power
toxic
------------------------------------
Umbreon
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 def, 252 SPD, Hp 4

Moonlight
substitue
confuse ray
Heal Bell

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Old April 26th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
The only Eeveelutions that are competitively useful at this point in time are Espeon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon... and even then, using all three in one team seems not-so-smart. An entire team based solely on Eeveelutions just screams "I'm not preparing for the metagame" like other gimmicky teams, such as a monotype team. It's really hard to point out specific weaknesses when you're weak to a vast majority of things, too. :(

I'm sorry, but if you want a team that will actually succeed competitively, you can't base all of your team members around a quality like "the pokémon who evolve from eevee". You just.. can't deal with all of the threats around the metagame.
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:29 AM
darkfighter
That random guy

I have to agree with the above mentioned person.

But if you really want to use an entire Eevee team, I'd start with a Jolteon as a lead, Espeon as a sweeper, Leafeon as a secondary sweeper, Umbreon as a wall, Vaporeon as a support member, and special wall, and...the last one is a filler.

I'll give you some movesets you can use, but the nature's and EVs are up to you:

Jolteon. Held Item: Choice Specs
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam

Espeon. Held Item: Leftovers
-Psychic
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind

Leafeon. Held Item: Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Double Edge
-Leaf Blade
-Synthesis

Umbreon. Held Item: Leftovers
-CURSE
-Payback
-Moonlight...or Wish.
-Heal Bell

Vaporeon. Held Item: LEFTOVERS
-Wish
-Protect
-Scald
-Ice Beam
Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:47 AM
Dragonite's Wrath
Dragons are my Heart and Soul

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrai View Post
The only Eeveelutions that are competitively useful at this point in time are Espeon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon... and even then, using all three in one team seems not-so-smart. An entire team based solely on Eeveelutions just screams "I'm not preparing for the metagame" like other gimmicky teams, such as a monotype team. It's really hard to point out specific weaknesses when you're weak to a vast majority of things, too.

I'm sorry, but if you want a team that will actually succeed competitively, you can't base all of your team members around a quality like "the pokémon who evolve from eevee". You just.. can't deal with all of the threats around the metagame.
That's not true. With the right moves and strategy you can win.
Give your Umbreon Sucker Punch to take advantage of it's low speed. Give it another attack move so it's more balanced. I would give Flareon Fire Fang. Teach Espeon Signal Beam(move tutor) so you have a Dark defense.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite's Wrath View Post
That's not true. With the right moves and strategy you can win.
Sure, okay. But what he's (or she's, my apologies lol) doing is significantly lessening the chance of victory. You simply can't succeed without having a way to combat remotely powerful threats... unless you get lucky which is always a cheap and awful win. :/

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links