• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a gym leader....

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
# 6
I got Onix.
I'm going with ground.

The badge is The Erosion badge!

I'm also going to have Sandslash, Palpitoad, Golem, Baltoy and Krookodile.

Acording to the thread owner's rules, you can only have 3 pokémon xD

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Acording to the thread owner's rules, you can only have 3 pokémon xD

Thank you for following the rules! :)
And a lot of people did 5-6 pokemon and at some point i just didn't care LOL.

SO,
Let's make it harder:
You can now have 5 pokemonj (OMG!!!) BUT....3 of them need to have a type disadvantage to the gym above you.

Well, because of ig pokemon lover who picked Poison, i am going to demonsrate with Fairy type and Psychic type what is the expectation:

Floette
Swirlix
Aromatisse

Gardevoir
Gallade

SEE? 5 pokemon,3 with type disadvantages and 2 with advantages.

You still have to write the badge name + any optional things you want. The emphasis is on the creativity in picking teams, since picking a team which covers the weaknesses of one another, help you learn about type matchups and competitive battling!

HAVE FUN.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
I wrote this following the old rules, so here's what the post would've looked like.]

Number Received: 8 *I'm the Eighth Gym Leader*

Pokemon Generated: Emolga *Electric/Flying*. I choose Electric Type.

My team:

Raichu
Lanturn
Ampharos

Badge: Jolt Badge

Dialogue *before battle*: So, you've made it this far in your Pokemon Journey, aye? I must congratulate you, I can almost feel the electrical vibes given off by your team! I accept your challenge, trainer, just don't be shocked when I win!

Dialogue *after battle*: Woah, I'm electrified with adrenaline! You're truly Champion material! You have rightfully earned the Jolt badge! But before you leave, take this. *Hands TM* That TM contains Parabolic Charge *X/Y move fyi*. It's a move that attacks all Pokemon in play, and heals the attacker all at once! Truly shocking stuff!

Would I win against above trainer?: Couldn't really say, I have access to all full evolutions, but I don't have X/Y yet and have no idea if I can defeat based on Type advantages.

What the post looks like now, following new rules, bare with me, it's hard to find Electric types that have a disadvantage to Fairy types.

Number Received: 8 *I'm the Eighth Gym Leader

Pokemon Generated: Emolga *Electric/Flying*. I choose Electric Type.

My team:

Raichu
Lanturn
Klingklang
Heliolisk

Ampharos *assume he Mega Evolves, then it's Electric/Dragon*

Badge: Jolt Badge

Dialogue *before battle*: So, you've made it this far in your Pokemon Journey, aye? I must congratulate you, I can almost feel the electrical vibes given off by your team! I accept your challenge, trainer, just don't be shocked when I win!

Dialogue *after battle*: Woah, I'm electrified with adrenaline! You're truly Champion material! You have rightfully earned the Jolt badge! But before you leave, take this. *Hands TM* That TM contains Parabolic Charge *X/Y move fyi*. It's a move that attacks all Pokemon in play, and heals the attacker all at once! Truly shocking stuff!

Would I beat the above Leader?: Based mostly on the fact that Ampharos can become Dragon/Electric when it Mega Evolves, the above Leader would have a very big advantage. As for the rest of my team, Klingklang can learn all sorts of Steel type attacks, which is apparently double damage to Fairy types. With that in mind, the Fairies might have some attacks to counter Klingklang.

Long story short, I believe I could win, if I play my cards right. It would be a close battle though.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I got Clefairy what does this mean.

Oh well, I'll go with Normal type, I don't know if I can do Fairy. I also rolled a 2, so:
-Porygon
-Teddyursa
-Vigoroth

Also, mine is the Slate badge. You know, like a clean slate? .....Well, I didn't want Plain, anyway. XD

Looks like I'm not high on the Pokemon Gym food chain. XD

Last edited:

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
I got medicham YES! And #7. according to the rules 2 can be fully evolved. oh oh and my gym type will be psychic(Too bad I cant use jirachi and victini :( ) so:

Delphox
Gardevoir
Slowbro

and the name of my gym badge will be the willpower badge

edit: oh and I do beleive I can beat the guy above me lol

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
I got Clefairy what does this mean.

Oh well, I'll go with Normal type, I don't know if I can do Fairy. I also rolled a 2, so:
-Porygon
-Teddyursa
-Vigoroth

Also, mine is the Slate badge. You know, like a clean slate? .....Well, I didn't want Plain, anyway. XD

Looks like I'm not high on the Pokemon Gym food chain. XD

It means you had to pick a Fairy type gym, with 2 out of the 3 pokemon have diadvantages to Electric.
I know it sound weird, but trust me this thread helps a lot.
If you can't find any fairy pokemon with an electric disadvantage...then do thew regular thing. Also you are allowed to pick up to 5 pokemon.

I got medicham YES! And #7. according to the rules 2 can be fully evolved. oh oh and my gym type will be psychic(Too bad I cant use jirachi and victini :( ) so:

Delphox
Gardevoir
Slowbro

and the name of my gym badge will be the willpower badge

edit: oh and I do beleive I can beat the guy above me lol

Again, you can use up to 5 pokemon, but since you didn't, you had to pick 2 pokemon out of the 3 that have a Fairy weakness.

Now, i suppose people did not see the new set of rules so i am going to qoute it again:

Thank you for following the rules! :)
And a lot of people did 5-6 pokemon and at some point i just didn't care LOL.

SO,
Let's make it harder:
You can now have 5 pokemonj (OMG!!!) BUT....3 of them need to have a type disadvantage to the gym above you.

Well, because of ig pokemon lover who picked Poison, i am going to demonsrate with Fairy type and Psychic type what is the expectation:

Floette
Swirlix
Aromatisse

Gardevoir
Gallade

SEE? 5 pokemon,3 with type disadvantages and 2 with advantages.

You still have to write the badge name + any optional things you want. The emphasis is on the creativity in picking teams, since picking a team which covers the weaknesses of one another, help you learn about type matchups and competitive battling!

HAVE FUN.

Here they are.....please follow this new set of rules and not the old one, thank you.

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon generated was Bastiodon => Rock type Gym
Number generated was 4

Tyranitar - fully evolved
Terrakion - unevolved
Kabutops - evolved once

Badge name will be Petrobadge.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Pokemon generated was Bastiodon => Rock type Gym
Number generated was 4

Tyranitar - fully evolved
Terrakion - unevolved
Kabutops - evolved once

Badge name will be Petrobadge.

First of all, you did not picked 5 pokemon, thats fine.
Second, you did not listen to the new set of rules. So you had to pick 2 out of the 3 with a weakness to the previous gyms' type.
Third, Terrakion isnt allowed.

7 and Mantine so Water it is ^^
Wingull
Kingdra
Swanna
Basculin (Blue)
Basculin (Red)
Tidal Badge

Again, not folloeing the rules. I am getting tired of telling this to people again and again. You had to pick 3 pokemon out of the 5 that have some sort of rock weakness.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
First of all, you did not picked 5 pokemon, thats fine.
Second, you did not listen to the new set of rules. So you had to pick 2 out of the 3 with a weakness to the previous gyms' type.
Third, Terrakion isnt allowed.

Again, not folloeing the rules. I am getting tired of telling this to people again and again. You had to pick 3 pokemon out of the 5 that have some sort of rock weakness.

Maybe you should edit the first post cause most people don't read the entire thread before posting xD

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Maybe you should edit the first post cause most people don't read the entire thread before posting xD

^This, people like me only read the OP, sorry. XD

So my gym renovation looks like this:

-Maril
-Dedenne
-Togekiss

It's the Dust badge. :D Like fairy dust, you know (I'll be in my corner if anyone needs me...)? I know you said it can be up to 5 (now), but I don't think a gym like mine would have very many Pokemon (since it's more of an early game gym).

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
So, my number was 6 and my pokemon was Tyranitar (rock/dark). I'm gonna go with dark types because they're pretty great.

- Hydreigon
- Houndoom
- Pangoro

Aaaand, my badge would be the Fade Badge. :D

Years
I got 6 and Staryu so I'm gonna use 3 pokemon for my water gym.

Empoleon

Starmie

Slowbro

My badge is the Overflow badge.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Gonna edit the first post for you guys, k?
And if i see someone who didn't read the new first post ill be pretty pissed.

U HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 15, 2014
I got a 6.

The generator spat out Archeops.

I am Gym Leader Welkin. Are you ready to battle for the Sky Badge?

Team:
Archeops
Crobat
Braviary
Jumpluff

casualCasualty

Super High School Level Fairy
Years
I got Skiploom, so I guess my gym is Flying type. I also got the number eight heehee.

My Pokemon would be Noivern, Vivillon, Emolga, Archeops and Crobat.

To be silly and ironic, I'd name it the Bird Badge. Winners will receive the Acrobatics TM.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Ok, so the Pokemon generator gave me Mismagius and the RNG gave me 3. Alright, I'm a Ghost Gym Leader!

Spoiler:

I could probably beat the guy before me. I'd use Trick-or-Treat to make them Ghost types, then Shadow Ball them to annihilation. XD

Back