• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Genesis Tournament

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Zekrom having to battle an extra person doesn't really make sense imo.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I was thinking maybe have each person battle every other person in the group (4 total battles each) and the two winning records face each other. Then the winners of the groups face each other.

FrznFanta

Cold as Fanta
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
I was thinking maybe have each person battle every other person in the group (4 total battles each) and the two winning records face each other. Then the winners of the groups face each other.

Yeah, I like this idea, it seems like it would balance the tournament out alot more

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
yeah, that's what I meant =(
Oh sorry, I was just sorta reiterating, with clarification that you'd have to face everyone in the group once as opposed to like more or less matches.

Years
I won the battle against Nobie :) if you need proof of the battle just tell me and I will sent the video codes in private. This is only to save the integrity of your(my) team, and your opponents.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Zekrom having to battle an extra person doesn't really make sense imo.

It's fine by me. I'll take you all on!

Though like you said, it might be better to have everyone battle everyone else in each group. Unless thebest was going for a standard single elimination tournament or something.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
Just popping in to say I won my battle with mariomanh.

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
The winners with 5 battle victory move to the semi final
Ie group A top trainer will have 5 wins only 3 participants move forward
I'm too lazy to figure it out, but I don't think a 5-0 record is necessary to move on. Not sure I understand quite how 3 people move on though.

It's fine by me. I'll take you all on!

Though like you said, it might be better to have everyone battle everyone else in each group. Unless thebest was going for a standard single elimination tournament or something.
Apparently something's changed since we're set to battle in the OP.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Yeah sure, anything we do now can probably be sorted out later if it needs to come to that. I believe we're already registered. IGN is Tomato Soup in case you don't remember.
Alright. I'm already online. IGN's Stella.

EDIT: Aw, I lost. JW4W-WWWW-WWW5-MCGZ

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I defeated No Chance for Zekrom. Video can be provided if needed.

Thanks for an intense battle. I was sweating hoping those switch shenanigans at the end would work.

Years
Wait! are we sticking with one team???????????? If not, its better not show off your team, until the battle begins. This way, other challengers will not take note and advantage of your mons. If proofs its needed just sent it to the organizer of the tournament.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
I kinda thought we were operating on an honor system or something. Admittedly, I only provided my code like that because I saw someone else was doing it (yes, I am a lemming). Anyways, I deleted the battle code in my post and sent the code to Thebest via pm.

Last edited:
Years
Just to let you know guys, if you are putting your videos up and put the code here. You are:
1. You are showing off your team (And your strategies) and your opponents
2. Anyone can go and see it
3. There is a new option, where you can mock battle the teams. They can pretty much practice battling your team.

I just discovered this new mechanism yesterday. If thebest needs proofs of winning, I believe the best option is to send it to him. Unless, we are not sticking with the same pokemons for the whole tournament. Then, doesn't matter. However, it's better not put the battling code in the page. What do you guys think?

Back