• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

I've just upgraded my movement system so now i'm just trying to implement the ledges and the grass animation, the latter will be done at a later date i think.

EDIT:

Grass and ledge system is now done, i've now setup the basic wild pokemon battle system

the game's main systems are now coming into place, it's starting to feel like a full game :D

Waudby

Sorry for the double post but I have an update. Just updated how the maps are done, now instead of fading out at warp, it loads the map straight up to give the pokemon style effect, it's not perfetc yet, but it's getting there.

Also redone some of Cresent Forest so I thought I'd show it off;

screenshot200805071608250211.png

screenshot200805071608380153.png

Shows the grass system as well.

Waudby

Yeah they are just placeholder spriters til I finished changine the saturation and sorting the collisions out on the proper sprites.

The forest looks good with the colour mask put over it so I think it will stay atm.

But it's easy enough to change.

EDIT:

I've started mapping again.

Anybody guess where I'm mapping?

screenshot200805081327490471.png

Mitchman

Banned
Years
OOH your adding hoenn. Or wait sinnoh. God I get confused between twinleaf and newbark. Wait thats johto. God i hated hoenn so much I even forgot the names.

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
Do you want implement move division into Physical, Special and Other?

Waudby

All my moves are already defined into physical, special and other. All 467 of them :D

All the stats I need are already defined except for the gender ratio's and capture rates.

SO they're all the info I need at the moment.

EDIT:

More from Lucas in Johto :D

Route 29 :)

screenshot200805081432310124.png

Last edited:

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
I don't like D/P graphic but i think, that can be great game, i can't wait for demo. :P

Waudby

Just wait until the playable demo is out and you get to walk through them all working seemlessly.

I'm doing my bets efforts to make sure there's no mapping errors. But I'm only one person so there may be.

I'm now fixing a bug in the battle system and then back to mapping :D

need to make some new tiles as well, shouldn't be too hard after a bit off practise.

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
Do you think, you can implement some location like in R/S/E and D/P games, like for example your versions of undergrounds, safari zone, move tutors, deleters, daycare and battle frontier? I think good pokemon rpg must some elements who can extend time of play after main events end. Maybe you can do more trainers battle sprites for choose <there can be only 2 map sprites but i think variety of battle sprites can make more real online pvp battles>?

Waudby

I'm working on the first demo now.

Waudby

There will be special locations in the game, including the daycare, safari zone etc etc as well as some new added things, i'm also going to bring the bug catching contest back :D

I want to keep alot of it a surpise as I don't have screenshots of the ideas yet and I think ideas are best portrayed with screenshots.

Waudby

Yes that's right the bug catching contests, think back to those good old G/S/C days eh ;)

I've also now got another update that will hopefully pluck peoples interest.

After the main storyline is finished, there will be add on quests that will tie everyone over until I can release a new Release Pack.

The johto region will be featured in the first release pack after the main game.

You will also recieve a new piece of equipment, the POKéQUEST.

It's a new quets journal that keeps track of your quests, it seems as though after the events of the main game, people are looking for more help than usual :D

The quests will vary from , deliver this letter to X all the way through, please train this rare pokemon, or hatch this egg, the quests will come from the POKéMON GUILD as you will be made an honoury member.

The will also be about 4 on going stories throughout the whole game which will keep you interested.

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
Bug Catching Contest?!? Super!! Ekhm... that's sound good. :P I think there can be better like in G/S/C because now is a lot of bug pokemons and they're more powerfull. I like bug type and i hate pokegames where that type is lower to role weak pokemons for training in initial phase of game. :/ I like too idea of 2 generation starters, i think that trio it's very similar in power and don't have any additional types. I hope, there can be obtainable other generation starters.

Quest Journal? O_o No way!! You read ideas from my mind!! :P I think in that forum are 3 impressive pokemon games: Amethyst, Raptor and your Odyssey. That 3 games are better like Nintendo games. I hope, you can complete this project and create one of better pokemon game.

Last edited:

Waudby

Once I start to develop the story a bit more past the first demo, you will see how the 2nd generation starters fit into the sub-storyline.

Previous starters will be available by dffierent means than by from different professors.
Think back to Pokémon yellow, where you could receive bulbasaur, charmander and squirtle.

It will be similar to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back