• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Version Will You Get?

Which Version Will You Choose?

• Pokémon X

Votes: 85 36.8%
  • Pokémon Y

Votes: 92 39.8%
  • Both

Votes: 50 21.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
I have already pre-ordered both of them. First I actually pre-ordered X then about 2 weeks later I pre-ordered Y. So on the release date I'm just going to pick both up. :)

MistressShiki

~Dragon~
Years
  • Age 27
  • NJ
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I'm probably going to get both. Though, if I had to choose, I would probably prefer Y. I'm a sucker for dragon like pokemon, and the legend for Y looks like a wyvern. =)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I first decided on Y because I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas, but it really depends on what exclusives there will be between the two versions. If there's Pokemon I really want in X, then that would be the version I'd get, and I'll just trade for Yveltal.

tealwing

Genie
Years
My vote goes to Pokemon X because personally I prefer Xerneas over Yveltal. I always pick the version that has the boxart which I favor more. ^^

Years
Just like the rest of you guys I pick my games by how I like the look of the legendary or box art.... So I will be getting Pokemon Black (1&2) and Pokemon X

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
As soon as I set eyes on Xerneas I knew I had to have it. IT'S JUST SO BEAUTIFUL OKAY. The more that I think about my reason for preferring X, the less substantial it seems, but oh well. I know I want X. I like the color blue better, and I'm more one for beautiful over powerful Pokemon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Now that we've seen more, I guess I have more opinions on this. Although I'm pretty much in love with both of the box arts (which is pretty much the deciding factor for me half the time), I think I'm going to go with X. I like Xerneas as a whole more than I like Yveltal, although I definitely don't dislike it either. Just looks better aesthetically I guess.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Ha-ha, I'm getting the 3DS XL as I don't even have a DS or anything yet (Xbox LIVE gamer for most part) and am encouraging my brother to get the Y version, really hope he does as there's going to be a lot of fun to be had.

Silver Ice

Into the night...
Years
It's much too early to decide, but based on the mascots of each version, I'd choose X. Xerneas is awesome: calm, graceful, and wise it seems like a great Pokemon. Ylveltal looks really cool too, I think they really hit a home run with the legendaries of Gen. VI!

I'm waiting until version exclusives are released, but for now it'll probably be Pokemon X.

blue

gucci
Years
Right, so I've decided to get X on release date in October and when my birthday comes around in November I'll get Y, so pretty close together really.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
This is the first generation that I absolutely love both mascot legendaries(1st gen and remakes don't count since mascots weren't legendaries).

I like Xerneas, but Yveltal is so much cooler. Lugia has always been my favorite legendary, and I have always thought "They should make an evil looking red and black themed version of Lugia, I would love that." Well, Yveltal is pretty much that, and I love it.

But I will definitely be getting Y version.

1. Yveltal, as mentioned above
2. Better cover art
3. Red and Black are my favorite colors, and Y uses those two.

But that's about it for now. I wonder what all will be version exclusive?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'm planning on getting both games. Sometime around third gen or so, I concluded that when I don't get both games to begin with, I always end up wanting to pick up the game I didn't get at a later date. It's a lot easier to just get both games at once and save myself the trouble of hunting for the second version later.

Admittedlly, I rarely have time to play the second version of most of the games I pick up these days, but I still like having it. I'm not sure which version will be my main one, but I'm leaning towards X (because I like the letter X better than the letter Y).

Back