• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I can see only white arrow and I mean room the nearest stairs

Can you describe where you are? The SS Anne is full of stairs. If you can, can you post a screenshot.

So, I have a stupid question... Are you supposed to catch Gyarados the first time you fight it for Misty in front of Mt. Moon?
I started reading the Manga and realized how badly I must have messed up by simply making it faint. But, I tried my hardest to catch the bloody thing - I got it's HP as low as I could without making it faint, and put it to sleep, and still couldn't catch it no matter how many pokeballs I threw. Eventually, I just figured you aren't supposed to catch it and gave up.
Guessing you're supposed to catch it?

You can catch it, but it really doesn't matter, because the moment you catch it, you are forced to trade it with MISTY for a LUVDISC.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
So, there's an old man besides Viridian Gym. Whenever I talk to him, it triggers the dialogue with Oak where you get the Bulbasaur and the Pokedex and he talks about being a champion and such.
I'm using Beta 2.5, and yes, I did patch a clean Fire Red ROM.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
So, there's an old man besides Viridian Gym. Whenever I talk to him, it triggers the dialogue with Oak where you get the Bulbasaur and the Pokedex and he talks about being a champion and such.
I'm using Beta 2.5, and yes, I did patch a clean Fire Red ROM.

K, I'll fix that for Beta 3.

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
Eh, I was mostly just hoping it wouldn't have some major effect on the plot.
It'd kinda suck to get stuck on the SeaFoam islands because Misty didn't show up and let Red borrow Gyara.

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2018
I'm not on here ever really... but I just want to say this looks like an awesome hack! I've personally never read the manga,but just by the Story Arcs names & pics it seems it has some interesting things to pull from.
Can't wait for the final product! Personally waiting so I can play it with one go, lol.
In the mean time I'm debating if i should read the manga itself or not. Not knowing the actual story makes me feel like I have much more anticipation for the game not knowing how the events will play out.
Though at the same time, I see I can potentially miss events by not having Pokemon in my party at the right times.

I do have a question about that as well, I see it's obvious I could miss events from not having a pokemon in my party at a specific point in game.

But I'm not 100% clear on your wording -
"Event changes depending on certain POKEMON in your Party."

I feel this implies certain events can still occur but turn out differently if a Pokemon is or is not in your party but to what extent. Would it have a major impact or just a minor difference to the way it plays out?

Years
I found a bug in latest beta. After releasing three pokemon from Prof.Oak's lab, when you already found spearow and cubone and then head to viridian, talk to guy standing near Viridian gym before entering gym, he has Oak's script. He asks you if you want to keep Bulbasaur and then the game tells you that you just received pokedex. If you want to check it, you have no bulbasaur and no pokedex and after i entered Viridian gym, Bulbasaur wasn't there and i pressed A on a rock and the game froze.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I found a bug in latest beta. After releasing three pokemon from Prof.Oak's lab, when you already found spearow and cubone and then head to viridian, talk to guy standing near Viridian gym before entering gym, he has Oak's script. He asks you if you want to keep Bulbasaur and then the game tells you that you just received pokedex. If you want to check it, you have no bulbasaur and no pokedex and after i entered Viridian gym, Bulbasaur wasn't there and i pressed A on a rock and the game froze.

Yeah, fixed that for beta 3.

I'm not on here ever really... but I just want to say this looks like an awesome hack! I've personally never read the manga,but just by the Story Arcs names & pics it seems it has some interesting things to pull from.
Can't wait for the final product! Personally waiting so I can play it with one go, lol.
In the mean time I'm debating if i should read the manga itself or not. Not knowing the actual story makes me feel like I have much more anticipation for the game not knowing how the events will play out.
Though at the same time, I see I can potentially miss events by not having Pokemon in my party at the right times.

I do have a question about that as well, I see it's obvious I could miss events from not having a pokemon in my party at a specific point in game.

But I'm not 100% clear on your wording -
"Event changes depending on certain POKEMON in your Party."

I feel this implies certain events can still occur but turn out differently if a Pokemon is or is not in your party but to what extent. Would it have a major impact or just a minor difference to the way it plays out?

Yes, some events that only occurs when certain pokemon are in your party.

For example, When batling Surge, if you have Poliwhirl, you get to play an underwater map where you can catch water Pokemon and find a Water Stone. Although, that doesn't mean you can't fight Surge at all if you don't have Poliwhirl, it just mean you won't be able to play the Underwarer Map.

In addition, some events would changes depending on certain pokemon in your party. For example, in the fan club, if you have PIKACHU in your party, the club member will acknowledge Pikachu. If you don't have Pikachu, it'll just simply play the scene normally. These type of scene doesn't affect your gameplay, but it's just a nice easter egg for the manga's fan.

Last edited:

Sum

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
Great hack, loving it!

Just a question, I might have missed this. Where can you get the HM's? Likt Cut or Flash?

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Great hack, loving it!

Just a question, I might have missed this. Where can you get the HM's? Likt Cut or Flash?

Haven't implement them in the game yet, because I the manga doesn't really focus on those HM at all. But, I would put them in eventually.

Years
Very good hack havent seen any great hack for a while that i like but there are always bugs that prevent me from playing first i got 1 of the first betas and game froze on the event with misty then i downloaded beta 2 and game froze after you battle Cubone and now with 2,6 i get a freeze again lol...

Edit:

Btw im using Gameboid dont know if thats the problem

GozetaGX

Just a passerby Trainer.
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2017
Then yeah, you're supposed to catch it.
In the manga, Red pulls out Bulbasaur, Leech Seeds it, and I think uses Poison Powder, then catches it and gives it to Misty.
If you fail to catch it in the game, Koga releases it to go wreak havoc and such.

This is kinda like out of topic but still in same topic XD but.....What is your opinion about Pokemon Adventures Manga so far?more awesome then anime or what?

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2018
Hey can i ask u a question??
when we reach viridian city .... and den when v go to ss anne and den underground when sum 1 throw us down the sea , what v hav to do next ?? plzz tell :( im stucked der :( what to do now ? how to *** up ?? :( This "SS ANNE ROBBERY ARC" i saw images but still didnt get up :(

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
All you gotta do is go to the end, get the water stone and I think look around a bit at the end of the map and Poliwhirl will come out and you'll continue on o.o

Ryastarling

Pokemon Qudditch Captain
Years
awesome hack, little tiny glitch that happened once but luckily i saved before, reloaded the state and it didnt happen after. After battling possesed rival in the top of the tower in lavender town if you go and click a on the pikachu that's staring at the fire the game freezes

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2013
my emulator is being wierd and wont show anything but me in the ocean during the ss anne arc could someone post pictures to show me how it looks down there

Back