• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Okay, so I recently beat Elesa. Strangely, the hardest part of battling her was her Emolga. Anyhow, I'm currently in Clay's gym after dumping my Audino, Bobby, in the PC. I figured that Garrett fills his role pretty well (or at least will when fully evolved).

Now I just can't wait to catch some more cool Pokes! I really want to catch Mienfoo and Vullaby, but I don't want to trade to get them, as this is my first playthrough. :D

556_maractus_front_norm.png

Adam (Level 30 - Modest male)

587_emolga_front_norm.png

Eddie (Level 29 - Hasty male)
574_gothita_front_norm.png

Garrett (Level 31 - Modest male)

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Just felt like boasting I randomly managed to obtain a shiny Litwick :P It's pretty and I named it Erica. XD

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Ok, so I'm just about to take on the Pokemon League!

All Pokemon at least Lvl. 48, 23 Hyper Potions, 11 Full Restores, 15 Revives, 10 Full Heals, several X Attacks, Defends, Speeds, Specials, and Sp. Defs.

Gigalith Lvl. 48
Samurott Lvl. 49
Stoutland Lvl. 48
Sigilyph Lvl. 49
Conkeldurr Lvl. 48
Haxorus Lv. 49

EDIT: ...
31 hours put into the game, and I finally beat the Elite Four, N, and Ghetsis...
I am extremely proud of my team. Not once did I trade out one Pokemon for another. They were all incredibly strong.
This is the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game yet. I'm glad to have played it, all the way up to THE END.

So here's my final team.

Spr_5b_644.png
Zekrom Lv. 50
-DragonBreath
-Slash
-Zen Headbutt
-Fusion Bolt

Spr_5b_612.png
Haxorus Lv. 50
-Strength
-Shadow Claw
-Dragon Pulse
-Dragon Claw

Spr_5b_503.png
Samurott Lv. 50
-False Swipe
-Scald
-Aqua Tail
-Surf

Spr_5b_561.png
Sigilyph Lvl. 50
-Air Slash
-Fly
-Air Cutter
-Psychic

Spr_5b_508.png
Stoutland Lvl. 50
-Surf
-Retaliate
-Take Down
-Crunch

Spr_5b_534.png
Conkeldurr Lvl. 52
-Chip Away
-Stone Edge
-Brick Break
-Hammer Arm

Conkeldurr and Zekrom pretty much wiped out N and Ghetsis for me. :)
MAIN STORY: COMPLETE!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I had some time to play today, and I did nothing of any real importance. Mostly what I did was run around with the Dowsing Machine, looking for any items. Along the way, I trained Aquila (who will possibly be renamed "Pavarotti"). And also mostly looked for TM94, because no guide I looked at had very clear directions how to get it. But I got it!

What important things I did do was defeat Team Plasma in Castelia City. And...that's it. Tomorrow I'll battle at the Gym. From all the grinding I did today, I hope I can win.

And yes, I am taking my time with this game. Have five hours of playtime, and this is all I've done.

Team:
Angel the Sandile - level 23
Valentine the Woobat - level 23 - Amulet Coin
Aquila the Pidove - level 15 - EXP. Share
Ender the Servine - level 23
Pansear the Cut user - level 10
Andrew the Dewott - level 23

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I managed to defeat the Elite 4 last night, it was easier this time around, I defeated them on the first try,

Although one thing did surprise me...

Spoiler:

I've just entered N's Castle.

My Team;

Samurott Lv48
Stoutland Lv48
Excadrill L47 (currently in PC)
Sawk Lv47
Archeops Lv47
Haxorus Lv48

Update: Just defeated N and Ghetis, just waiting for the credits to finish now lol.

My team is the same as before (2 or 3 pokemon have gained a level or two

Last edited:
Years
I just started my adventure with an awesome Oshawott. It is Docile and its name is Aqua. I am getting ready to catch my first Pokemon.
I caught a Lilipup and a Patrat and a Purrloin. I battled N and kicked his but. I did some training on route 2 before I went to Striaton City. I got my Pansear, he is Adamant and he is really strong. I named him Pyro. I battled Cheren again and beat him. I then went to the Striaton Gym and met Cilan,Chili and Cress and I battled Cilan. I beat him using my Pansear against his Pansage. Later I will do some more training on my way to the next town.

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2011
Update

So I finally did some training with the new members of my team which took a few hours of boredom, but it was all worth it as I went on to challenge Lenora.
I sent out my Paddle who used Scald followed by a Bite attack knocking out her Herdier, I then switched to Reckless who used Dual Chop and scored a Critical hit on Lenora's Watchog. Now the Basic Badge was mine I could finally move onwards within the game, Lenora gave me the TM "Retaliate" just as Hawes, her husband came running in shouting about thieves in the museum. I followed to find Team Plasma stealing a Dragon Skull, to me what looked like a Dragonite but whatever..

After leaving the museum I met Burgh of Castelia City, then shortly after Bianca and Cheren arrived. Lenora being the leader she is split us into three groups to get the Dragon Skull back. I teamed up with Burgh on this one running into Pinwheel Forest I fought some Team Plasma grunts giving my team some experience for the next gym.
Before getting the Dragon Skull back and Lenora thanking me with a Moon Stone which I used to evolve my Sync (Munna), I caught myself a wild Petilil whom I nick named Lily.
Leaving Pinwheel Forest for Castelia City I had to walk, in my case run over Skyarrow Bridge which was awesome to see. Upon arriving in Castelia City I got myself a Water Stone which I used on Paddle, now she is a newly evolved Simipour. After her evolution is explored Castelia's docks and found the boat to take me to the Libery Garden where I can encounter Victini, which I will be doing once I've beaten Burgh.
I explored around Castelia City defeating the three dancers who each have one of the elemental monkey Pokemon then decided to take on the battle company earning myself an Exp. Share (that many trainers in a city rather than a route/cave is awesome). I am heading towards Burgh the Castelia City Gym Leader for my third badge, the Insect Badge.

- My team -
Smuggy (♂) Lv.25 ~ Miracle Seed.
Paddle (♀) Lv.25 ~ Mystic Water.
Scorch (♀) Lv.25 ~ Charcoal.
Reckless (♂) Lv.25 ~ Dragon Fang.
Aero (♂) Lv.25 ~ Sharp Beak.
Sparksy (♀) Lv.25 ~ Magnet.

Rensider

Do as the Snamor do.
Years
Caught Volcarona a good number of days ago and then took a break. Now i'm off to get Kyurem.

My current team:

Simipour (M) Lv 59
Unfezant (M) Lv 58
Haxorus (F) Lv 60
Zoroark (F) Lv 60
Emboar (M) Lv 60
Watchdog (M) Lv 27

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Just finished Black for the first time. Those of you who haven't completed either game yet, I can safely say you're in for one hell of an ending. They ramped up the "epic" factor so much after the 7th Gym, and it just kept getting more and more awesome right up till the final line of the game.

Brilliant music over the credits too :)

This Generation has definitely introduced a more grown-up, story-driven theme to Pokemon. I for one really like it.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
I restarted my game yesterday (I had made it to Celestial Tower) to try and get decent IV's. First run was merely to get aquainted with the locations of the Pokemon and the new moves and such. This time, I'm going to go forward with knowledge of my party and I will make the best of it.

Years
I battled Cheren and some Preschoolers. I trained a bit and then fought team Plasma. My Oshwott evolved into a Dewott! I am in Necrene now. I am going to do some training and then go to Lenora's gym.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Just got the game today, but I did choose Oshawott as my starter, beat both of my rivals, and caught a Patrat on Route 1. Then I came on PC so I'll probably make more progress later today.

Named myself "Ashley."

Years
I did some training. I also caught a Throh and named him Fighter, and he helped me in Lenora's gym. I used Throh and Dewott to beat Lenora. It was a kind of tough battle. I lost the first time but second time I beat her.

Team Plasma came and stole the Dragonite skull. Later I am going with Burgh to hunt them down in Pinwheel Forest.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Just got white today. Chose snivy as my starter. So far I got to route 2, and caught myself a purrloin.
Spr_5b_495.png
Spr_5b_509.png

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Decided to post my uneventful Pokemon black events here due to not having much else to do. Here is a summary of things thus far:

-Started the game, chose Snivy, battled rivals, mourned over my broken 50" plasma screen apparently purchased by my nonexistent father, went to lab after talking to everyone in town, named Snivy Zero, left town.

(Party: Zero the Snivy)

-Didn't feel like catching anything in the route 1 catching competition thing, talked to everyone in next town, progressed through story.

-Went to Striation, pwned chili, lost against team plasma's Patrat's bide (How does that even happen!?), continued, was told it was too dangerous beyond the playground with only one pokemon by two toddlers who apparently had more authority than me, reluctantly got the free Panpour who went through the "Initiation Grind", continued.

(Party: Zero, Mizu the Panpour)

-Reached next city, lost to Lenora's retaliate, trained, beat Lenora, continued with the story.

-Reached Castelia, formed the dancer team, talked to everyone in town after much time, saved Munna, destroyed Burgh, continued.

-After much time, effort, and Sandiles, I explored the entire desert, desert resort, and relic castle (the areas I could). Saw a Sigilyph, and felt compelled to get it, therefore catching my first pokemon after over 13 hours of gameplay, continued.

(Party: Zero, Mizu, Res the Sigilyph)

-Currently checking out Nimbasa after beating Elesa.
- My team -
Zero (Snivy) (♂) Lv.35
Mizu (Panpour) (♀) Lv.29
Res (Sigilyph) (♂) Lv.25

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Decided to catch Cobalion and Virizion.
Defeated Iris thanks to Scolipede's poison point as well as Scrafty and Unfezant.
Currently battling Cheren on route 10.

Current team
Serperior lv.46
Unfezant lv.43
Carracosta lv.42
Scolipede lv.43
Zoroark lv.43
Scrafty lv.42

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Entry 3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Beat Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest
- Traveled on to Castelia City
- Spent hours in Castelia exploring
- Got back Bianca's Munna
- Did some surveys
- Reunited the three dancers
- Beat Burgh on second go
- Beat Bianca and Cheren
- Got lost in the desert
- Collected Plume Fossil
- Resurrected and Archen
- Traveled all the way back to Castelia
- Visited the name rater.
- Called Archen Kaori on IRC
- Traveled to Nimbasa City
- Battled people in the baseball and tennis field.
- Beat N

496.png
Medusa. Lv 29. Leaf Tornado, Tackle, Vine Whip, Leech Seed
517.png
Petunia. Lv 28. Psybeam, Psy Wave, Moonlight, Yawn
548.png
Lily. Lv 28. Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Growth, Sleep Powder.

566.png
Kaori. Lv 25. Ancient Power, Quick Defense, Pluck, Agility.
-kg

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
- Trained my team using the many trainers in Castelia City.
- Beat the Plasma.
- Beat the gym.
- Played in the sand~ (Went through desert)
- Got the Plume Fossil.
- Caught a Yamask.
- Trained team up to Lv.27 (except Victini)
- Traded over a Gurdurr from my Japanese White to evolve it for my team.

I am battling N right now, about to challenge the leader. I also gave all my Pokemon PokeRus~

My team is:

Victini Lv.26
Rash w/Amulet Coin
- Confusion
- Flame Charge
- Headbutt
- Grass Knot

Dewott Lv.28 Male
Adamant w/Mystic water
- Razor Shell
- Retaliate
- Water Pulse