• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

⚜ The Grass Type Pokemon Fan Club ⚜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Name: Grass Dew
Physical or Special? Special
Power: -
Accuracy: -
Type: Grass
Description: The user secretes a strange substance that increases their speed and accuracy.

Recently I've been playing through Sapphire again and using Treecko as my starter... It's so good! It kills everything that the rest of my team can't handle with its Leaf Blade. The only criticism I have is that it doesn't have a great move pool. :3 I bring this up as it seems we don't currently have a topic being followed, so here's a new one! ^^

New topic: Which Grass starter do you find most useful in-game?

Honestly, Treecko. Only grass starter I've used that has been on my team longer than the fifth gym leader.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm in love with a few grass-types myself from - strangely - Gen V; Lilligant, Whimsicott, Cottonee, and Sweaddle, Swadloon and Leavanny.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'm in love with a few grass-types myself from - strangely - Gen IV; Lilligant, Whimsicott, Cottonee, and Sweaddle, Swadloon and Leavanny.
Are you talking about...Generation 5? LOL you said IV(4)

Years
5th Gen has very interesting Grass-types - Leavanny has some great slashing-based moves, Serperior can Coil away, Lilligant can sweep after setting up Quiver Dances, Whimsicott sets up strategy before anyone can attack and Simisage has different variety.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
5th Gen has very interesting Grass-types - Leavanny has some great slashing-based moves, Serperior can Coil away, Lilligant can sweep after setting up Quiver Dances, Whimsicott sets up strategy before anyone can attack and Simisage has different variety.
Leavanny makes Parasect obsolete. It's a shame because I actually liked Parasect..

What about the Steel/Grass typing of Ferrothron? He is slooooow. Has strong defenses, but will he be worth a slot in your party?

Years
What about the Steel/Grass typing of Ferrothron? He is slooooow. Has strong defenses, but will he be worth a slot in your party?

Ferrothorn is one of the best Grass-type walls with an Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet combo to chip away at your Hit Points.

Sawsbuck with Sap Sipper can be a big threat against other Grass-types cos if Grass-type attacks hit Sawsbuck, its Attack gets boosted and you'll regret using a Grass-type attack in the first place.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Ferrothorn is one of the best Grass-type walls with an Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet combo to chip away at your Hit Points.

Sawsbuck with Sap Sipper can be a big threat against other Grass-types cos if Grass-type attacks hit Sawsbuck, its Attack gets boosted and you'll regret using a Grass-type attack in the first place.
That's right, Sawsbuck can learn the mighty Megahorn too can it? That'll tear up the Grass-Types as well!

Years
That's right, Sawsbuck can learn the mighty Megahorn too can it? That'll tear up the Grass-Types as well!

I use a female Serious Sap Sipper Sawsbuck, she's currently in her Summer Form.

Mine has Leech Seed, Return, Megahorn and Horn Leech in her arsenal.

Even though the 'buck has so many weaknesses, it can tear up Grass-type attackers with Megahorn which hits even harder after a Sap Sipper boost.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I use a female Serious Sap Sipper Sawsbuck, she's currently in her Summer Form.

Mine has Leech Seed, Return, Megahorn and Horn Leech in her arsenal.

Even though the 'buck has so many weaknesses, it can tear up Grass-type attackers with Megahorn which hits even harder after a Sap Sipper boost.
Have you ever used Sawsbuck as a Chlorophyll in a Sunny Day team? She's quite fascinating!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Username: Xeberos
Partner Pokémon: Torterra
Why do you like Grass-type Pokémon: They are usually cute and small. I love Grass-type moves and some moves are pretty powerful like Wood Hammer and Leaf Storm. Grass-type Pokémon are nature Pokémon. <3

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Username: d4rka8isz
Partner Pokemon: Spike the Cacturne (so original)
Reason for joining: They're Grass types! I like plants and these two are technically the same thing.

As for which grass starter I find most useful in-game, it's Sceptile (Treecko) because in Emerald, he helped a lot against Wallace, Juan, and the two psychic type leaders. Torterra was amazing as well, but I didn't find him as useful as Sceptile.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: d4rka8isz
Partner Pokemon: Spike the Cacturne (so original)
Reason for joining: They're Grass types! I like plants and these two are technically the same thing.

As for which grass starter I find most useful in-game, it's Sceptile (Treecko) because in Emerald, he helped a lot against Wallace, Juan, and the two psychic type leaders. Torterra was amazing as well, but I didn't find him as useful as Sceptile.

Username: Xeberos
Partner Pokémon: Torterra
Why do you like Grass-type Pokémon: They are usually cute and small. I love Grass-type moves and some moves are pretty powerful like Wood Hammer and Leaf Storm. Grass-type Pokémon are nature Pokémon. <3

I would LOOOOOOOOVE to join this club!

Name: Sector Revenge
Partner: Autumn the Leafeon!
Reason for Joining: Grass type are just amazing! If only our actual real grass can cooperate with us rather than getting blown by the wind all day long, I'd have some entertainment in my life LOL
welcome to the club,d4rka8isz, Xeberos & Sector Revenge!!!!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
A hearty warm welcome to you all, welcome the club, have fun discussing everything there is to grass types!

Alright guys time for a new topic! Another cliche'd topic, yes I know.

Which Grass Type Pokemon's shiny sprite is the worst or the best?
Give reasons to support your claims.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
A hearty warm welcome to you all, welcome the club, have fun discussing everything there is to grass types!

I personally don't think I can really comment on this, but there's one thing - a shiny Turtwig looks quite... strange. Too blue, eh?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Sadly....I wish they could have made her a different color rather than the change in texture of her original color. :( Love how she shines, but different color=New/Better/Refresher Look.
470.png
470.png

With Teal being my favorite color, and Shaymin's Shiny form coming close to that color, she's definitely got the best Shiny version in my opinion, among Grass Types.

492.png
492-sky.png

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014

My best:
Spr_3e_252_s.gif
Treecko is an old favorite, and when I saw the shiny form my friend has shown me, I liked it.

Worst: As Sector has pointed out, Leafeon hasn't changed at all besides getting brighter.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I quite personally like Leafeons shiny sprite, I find its quite rejuvinating compared to its dead-looking normal one. At least we can see the differen't unlike the sliiight, different with say chansey or blissey etc.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
worst :
540.png
1.png
i don't like the colors/colours.
Best :
252.png
549.png
547.png