• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
ROUND 1
FIGHT!!!

But seriously, I own 2 domain names and some cPanel hosting with 300GB bandwidth and 30 gigs of space, that I'd be happy to share with you as a site for this hack — how does bronze.thunderboltnet.com sound? :D
The other domain besides thunderboltnet.com is for relationshipping, so you might not want to have a site there. I had a personal domain, but funds were erratic and it expired D:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
ROUND 1
FIGHT!!!

But seriously, I own 2 domain names and some cPanel hosting with 300GB bandwidth and 30 gigs of space, that I'd be happy to share with you as a site for this hack — how does bronze.thunderboltnet.com sound? :D
The other domain besides thunderboltnet.com is for relationshipping, so you might not want to have a site there. I had a personal domain, but funds were erratic and it expired D:

I already have a website. pokemonbronze.net

y0r124

EpicTrainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Cool hack till it say "Sorry this is the end of this demo :("

Keep up the good work :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I have a friend working on a neat title screen. It's a mess but it's getting there.

1337palt.png

This is what we're going for:

title.png

Last edited:

VoltraK

Not Beginning Trainer
Years
I'm likin the trainer Ovverwworld Sprite.
makes me think of Dragon WWarrior 1 + 2 G8C

also, pretty cool title screen.
Nice an 8asic

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Thanks for the positive comments.

Within the next few weeks the hack should hopefully be completed.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
The other day I visited Bianca and together we worked on writing NPC text. We made good progress. And now some screenshots cause I haven't posted any in a while.

gtow.png

This is the Guard Tower, It is the route gate guard's head office.
Stuff may go down here.

cele.png

Celeste City, where you get your last badge ...or so you would think.

cele-1.png

Victory Road, which is still in Kanto but completely redesigned.
And I've since forgotten the correct route through myself. Which will be great when I play test it. :P

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
Looking great Freako, glad to see that this is still being worked on.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Today I did all the Gym Leader overworld sprites.

aga.png

bia.png

blah.png

Soon I'll be visiting Bianca again and to do the rest of the NPC text.
We have two towns and one route in Kohto left to write text in.

Last edited:

Mr. Magius

  
Years
This is actually pretty awesome. You have a really unique style of spriting, and although it's quite different from the traditional style, it still fits. Your mapping is top-notch, and all of the little details in the game are professionally done... Good job.
I like how you've paired up with someone and have decided to work on it as a team (IRL at that). Ideas really turn out great when you have two minds working at it. It's not just a solo effort, and I commend you. Keep it up!

I've also been working on a Bronze Version, haha

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Thanks for the support guys.

Just today I managed to finish editing the pokemon and levels of every single trainer in the Kohto region.
All that's left over is some trainers of Kanto to edit.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Thanks for the support guys.

Just today I managed to finish editing the pokemon and levels of every single trainer in the Kohto region.
All that's left over is some trainers of Kanto to edit.
That's awesome! And have you thought about making some sort of update log or some sort list to put on your thread, just so we can keep track of all your awesomeness?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I don't think so, we're really really close to completion so just expect it before the end of the year.
I'll be posting every time I make some progress anyway.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I got http://mamarocket.deviantart.com/ to draw some promo art for pokemon bronze in the anime style the pokemon promo pictures use. She drew the two protagonists and the three starters and I couldn't be happier with the result!

trainersthreepokemonsfinish.png
This looks so good that it's 11 out of 10. And you said to except the release by the end of the year? That's great, and I'm so gonna use this picture as my desktop picture, it's freakin' too perfect.

Back