• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Of course, Tyranitar and Garchomp and Haxorus. But I want to throw in Dialga because you know... people think big and sturdy = awseum!1!

Also Reuniclus and Beheeyem need to be here. Really.

Pokemon like Hydreigon and Pikachu and Arceus are overrated but deserve their praise.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Ummm Pikachu, hands down due to the fact its the Pokemon's main mascot.

:t354:TG

oh heck yea! i understand the cute-to-child value but seriously pikachu isnt even moderately powerful. pokemon yellow was even difficult at first because pikachu couldnt freakin win battles

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I think that Pokemon such as Arceus, Snivy, Oshawott and Lucario are overrated.
I'm not going to agree with Pikachu being overrated, even though it is

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
The thread isn't asking about your favorites, it's asking which pokemon you think are the most overrated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion, Salamence. It's just so generic looking.

Ok then, its asking in general right, then:

-Charizard
-Pikachu
-I believe Lucario has some sort of Rating
-Garchomp
-Legendaries (Most of them)

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Clearly Pikachu. It's a way too overrated. Lucario was overrated some time after the SSBB roster was released since it replaced Mewtwo.

Ultimate Tails

Sonichu, I Choose You!
Years
Mewtwo and Arceus. Really, its like people love them just because they are legendary and hard to get. :x

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
mewtwo and lucario proberly because they where in super smash brothers.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Clearly Pikachu. It's a way too overrated. Lucario was overrated some time after the SSBB roster was released since it replaced Mewtwo.
I was super mad because they removed Mewtwo in brawl... I literally outraged in my house for hours. HOW COULD THEY DO THAT!!!!! >(

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Lucario is one (though I do like Riolu a lot). I think Arceus, being all high and mighty and godly, but it hasn't been around long enough to be praised that much. I'd say Charizard, I have a weak spot for Charizard, seeing him in the anime so much when I was a kid, but still. The most overrated Pokémon at the moment, is Oshawott. I really need someone to explain to me, why Oshawott is so amazing, supposedly, because I don't see it. It just doesn't interest me, boring design, just like Piplup. I like Dewott though. Also Oshawott's nose looks like a potato.

/opinion

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have to say Eevee. Yeah it evolves into a lot of Pokemon, but I hate that the Pokemon are all pretty similar in design and none of them are particularly powerful. It's a unique Pokemon, but its design is overrated.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Mijumaru is overrated. I'm sticking to my beautiful Futa-chan and Futa-kun.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Eevee and Mudkip imo are soo over rated. I don't get why so many people love them so much. I personally hate Mudkip.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
I think that infernape was overrated from last season of pokemon television show.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Lucario is one (though I do like Riolu a lot). I think Arceus, being all high and mighty and godly, but it hasn't been around long enough to be praised that much. I'd say Charizard, I have a weak spot for Charizard, seeing him in the anime so much when I was a kid, but still. The most overrated Pokémon at the moment, is Oshawott. I really need someone to explain to me, why Oshawott is so amazing, supposedly, because I don't see it. It just doesn't interest me, boring design, just like Piplup. I like Dewott though. Also Oshawott's nose looks like a potato.

/opinion

Why didn't I see this...you just made my day XD;;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Eevee and Mudkip imo are soo over rated. I don't get why so many people love them so much. I personally hate Mudkip.

mudkip30.jpg

Mudkip wants to know why the hard feelings ;~;

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Reason why Mudkip is "overrated" is because it has its own internet meme "i herd u liek mudkipz" or something like that. I don't exactly know how it started though.

The most overrated Pokémon at the moment, is Oshawott. I really need someone to explain to me, why Oshawott is so amazing, supposedly, because I don't see it. It just doesn't interest me, boring design, just like Piplup. I like Dewott though.
Agreed. I have absolutely no idea why everybody just adores that thing. It looks really dorky to me. (inb4imtheonewhosdorky)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back