• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Stone Problem

Soopa Derp Cat

You dank memester you
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
Okay, so I just recently remembered that in order to get most of the mega stones, you have to challenge your rival at the pond Northeast of the Battle Maison and then talk to Sycamore and have your mega ring upgraded. I immediately went to Cyllage City Gym in order to acquire the Tyranitarite hidden there, but it...wasn't there.

I set my 3DS' clock to both 16:00 and 8:00 (just to make sure I wasn't getting the somewhat unorthodox method of time-telling backwards) and checked back and forth on each time setting. After covering the entire mountain several times, I looked up a video on how to find it. In the video, it was in a spot I had already checked, but just to make sure I didn't just miss it somehow, I went back and checked again. It still wasn't there.

The only possible thing I can think of that might be causing this problem is that I went and started the post-game Looker quest and only partially finished the first chapter, and that since the Looker Tickets have an identical sparkling effect to the hidden Mega Stones, all hidden Mega Stones are disabled during the quest to avoid confusion.

If that is indeed the case, can I just complete the first chapter, or do I have to go through the entire thing before I can start looking for Mega Stones? If I do, is there a way to cancel the quest or put it on hold, or am I really just completely stuck until I finish the postgame?

Years
If you change the time on your 3DS's clock, you won't be able to do any time-based events for the rest of the day, and the next day (based off of what your 3DS's time says) iirc.

Soopa Derp Cat

You dank memester you
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
Dang, I was hoping it wouldn't be something like that; 8:00 PM is a kind of inconvenient time, but oh well, guess I'll just have to change my schedule a bit.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Dang, I was hoping it wouldn't be something like that; 8:00 PM is a kind of inconvenient time, but oh well, guess I'll just have to change my schedule a bit.

It's only for one day though, You can get all the time specific mega stones all in the same day. I thought you were limited to one per day or something, but fortunately it's not.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
Right.. If you change time on your 3ds clock, you may not be able to get the mega stones. The only way, i beleive , to get mega stones is to restart the game and play it again and do not change the time now.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Right.. If you change time on your 3ds clock, you may not be able to get the mega stones. The only way, i beleive , to get mega stones is to restart the game and play it again and do not change the time now.

No, no, you don't have to restart the game! That would be awful! No, if you mess with the time on most 3DS games all you need to do is wait 24 - 48 hours and then everything works as normal. (the 3DS knows when you change the time and flags that a time change has happened within your games, basically. after a day or two, depending on the game, the flag is lifted (for lack of a better description) and then all time based events in your game go back to normal.

TheLegendaryGuy

Years
Thanks dude for the information. As for my part, when i changed the time on my 3ds clock, and wasn't able to get the mega stones. Then, somebody advised me to reset the game.. and i had to play the whole game again.

TheLegendaryGuy

Years
Thanks dude for the information. As for my part, when i changed the time on my 3ds clock, and wasn't able to get the mega stones. Then, somebody advised me to reset the game.. and i had to play the whole game again.

Back