• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I see many sig pics for signatures... what is the typical WxH for a sig pic??? I wanna make one...

There isn't a 'typical' set of dimensions for an image, but you can make a signature up to 350px high and with an image up to 600px wide. The rest of the signature guidelines are here.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I see many sig pics for signatures... what is the typical WxH for a sig pic??? I wanna make one...

The limits are 600 px width by 350 px height, but you can use anything under that. Just experiment and see what you feel looks best :)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Quick question: You know how sometimes a post has random words in it hyperlinked (and I'm pretty sure the poster didn't put a link on those words)? What up with that?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Are the words highlighted as green? It's most likely an extension to your browser, so I'd say check your extensions, and see if there's one you definitely didn't add yourself, as it might've been added with something you've installed. If not, try taking a screenshot of it, so it'd be easier to figure out :)

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
So I wan't sure if this was thread worthy so I'll just ask here.

I wanted to change the youtube video linked to my profile, which was a Lana del Rey I wanted to change for yet another of Lana's songs (I like her songs that much, mind you). And I followed the steps accordingly. I deleted the ID of the previous video, and pasted the full url of the one I wanted (because one no longer needs to use the ID and can use the full address, correct?), and when I hit save changes and go to my profile it turns out the video won't play and show an error has occurred. I have tried many thing, such as only using the video's ID, typing "youtu.be" instead of "youtube.com" inside the address and even using other URLs, but so far none have worked. And I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help me find out what's causing this? Is my computer being dumb and showing everyone but me this video? Do I need to clear cookies, caché and all that jazz? Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just Safari being mean to me? If anyone could help out, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for your time.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
So I wan't sure if this was thread worthy so I'll just ask here.

I wanted to change the youtube video linked to my profile, which was a Lana del Rey I wanted to change for yet another of Lana's songs (I like her songs that much, mind you). And I followed the steps accordingly. I deleted the ID of the previous video, and pasted the full url of the one I wanted (because one no longer needs to use the ID and can use the full address, correct?), and when I hit save changes and go to my profile it turns out the video won't play and show an error has occurred. I have tried many thing, such as only using the video's ID, typing "youtu.be" instead of "youtube.com" inside the address and even using other URLs, but so far none have worked. And I'm wondering if anyone would be able to help me find out what's causing this? Is my computer being dumb and showing everyone but me this video? Do I need to clear cookies, caché and all that jazz? Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just Safari being mean to me? If anyone could help out, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for your time.

It may just be the video. Try using another video with the same song. I thought that it may have been a problem, but it wasn't because I was able to do it. I think you mentioned it in your post, but make sure you get the entire ID.

For example here's the full address: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMzsInQljfM
ID: DMzsInQljfM

Hey, if you need help just hit me up with a message and I'd love to help. :)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Might be a dumb question, but where do I go if I want to make a request for someone to make a piece of art for me for a sig?

Years
Which is a higher staff authority? Super Moderators or Administrators? just curious...
Both super moderators and administrators make up the h-staff portion of staff, with super moderators dealing with community decisions and disciplinary actions as a whole, while admins take care of community decisions, technical aspects of the forum, and they overlook the forum as a whole.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
What do you guys think about liking your own post? It's obviously a minor thing but it bugs me for some reason.
I think it's not something you really do but it's funny if you do xD Like liking your own post on facebook. I don't see a reason to take that function away, as it isn't really a problem. Liking posts doesn't add to some reputation stat or anything.

Sleeping Eevee

Let Sleeping Eves Lie
Years
What do you guys think about liking your own post? It's obviously a minor thing but it bugs me for some reason.

...You can do that ?
Ha, just kidding. There's no point to it, unless you want to be that one person who likes everyone one of their posts to be 'cool'.
I'm not really a 'liker', and I don't understand if there's any benefit to likes, so if you want to like your own posts...

Years
I think it's not something you really do but it's funny if you do xD Like liking your own post on facebook. I don't see a reason to take that function away, as it isn't really a problem. Liking posts doesn't add to some reputation stat or anything.

I've seen couple people do it. As I've said it's just one of those extremely trivial things that bothers me.

Years
Blogs are only available to supporters and staff. You can read more about supportership here!
Adding onto this, you can also request blogging permissions from someone in higher staff when you make it up to 5,000 posts as well and every now and then there will be a contest in which blogging permissions is a prize as well, so stay tuned! :)

Years
Hello. I wanted to share some iPhone 4 Gen 6 X/Y wallpapers of Chespin, Fennekin, & Froakie with anyone who is interested & was not sure if I was allowed to post or where I should post if I'm allowed to share them. Again, not sure if I'm allowed to share or not. I don't recall seeing anything about it in the rules of the forum. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back