• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years

How in the hell...? o.O
How were you able to continue without winning 2nd badge? o.O
Well anyways... you can try Walking through walls cheat to dash back.
It should work if you don't wanna restart your game.

Yes =D
I made the same mistake too with skipping the 2nd gym. I used the walking through walls cheat and it worked just fine :]

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've defeated the Zhery league and now in Lauren...I'm on the Ricyan City badge but I can't find ANY of the zoo pokemon, whether it be Shinx, Snorlax, or Steelix. Well, actually, I CAUGHT a wild Snorlax north of Kosaka City but I don't even know if that's what I'm supposed to do. Are there like, overworld sprites that I have to talk to to go back to the zoo, or do I just catch them? All help would be appreciated, thanks.

P.S. I read that Steelix was on the water route of 505...but I can't seem to find anything there but Tentacruel.
You must "talk" with their OWs to complete that quest.

I can't play this T_T
I getting a white screen :(
Have you read the previous posts at least a bit?
There were about 3,358,098 ways to fix it...

I made the same mistake too with skipping the 2nd gym. I used the walking through walls cheat and it worked just fine :]
My, my o.O Using cheats is not good!

Years
For progress on Light Platinum X I'm up to the Zhery Pokemon League. Also the Pokemon at Mt. Draken that you can't find are now in Mt. Shuem. The difficulty has increased by a lot. I'm also thinking of making a Pokemon Light Platinum Z for those that want to play with HG/SS difficulty in case the X version is difficult for some.

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
where I find the strength? I'm stuck in a desert and I need it.
Thanks

You need to come back to Enermy Town, a blackbelt in one of the town's houses will give you that HM.

Years
Stupid question, in the first few photos it shows Cyndaquil as being the only pokemon...

Was that just because it was an old version?

Also, is there an early place to get pokeballs? The fact my Charmander is level 14 before getting to the second city from trainer battles alone seems odd...

And the amount of EXP given by Venipedes. :P

EDIT: Nevermind, after using the fastforward and accidentally talking to Professor Jasmine twice, I got some pokeballs. :P

EDIT2: Is it possible for Skorupi to get Sniper? Or is it not because it's a gen 4 ability...

Last edited:

Mdash2011

2ndGenPlaya
Years
First of all, to everyone who worked on this hack, GOOD JOB!
This is quite easily one of the best hacks I've played.
The main stand-out points, as far as I'm concerned, are :
-VENIPEDE's EXP xD (not so much a stand-out, but still awesome)
-The amount of Pokemon that you get given throughout the game is really good.
-The way certain moves are used in such an original way, such as Dig, Focus Punch, Ice Smash etc.

The main problem with this hack is how the majority of people, within the same area, all say the same thing. For a little while it's really annoying but you quickly get over it and carry on progressing. But that does make it really repetitive.
Also, there's only one section where it hasn't been translated into English. That is when, you press 'A' on a dive spot (when you don't have dive in your party). Apart from that, there's no errors apart from the EXP that some Pokemon receive.

Overall - 9/10. As there's not a lot wrong with it but could be more in the storyline.

On this run, I've just beaten the World Championship with the following team -:
Lv75 Vileplume
Lv76 Nidoking
Lv76 Mienshao
Lv76 Flygon
Lv77 Blastoise
Lv77 Typhlosion.

This is my second run of the game, because I accidently deleted my original save file ''/

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2017
I've literally tried patching this game to a Ruby rom about 7 times now and it just will not load when I start up VisualBoyAdvance. It goes straight to a white screen and the game never starts. I patch the ips (English) file I get from downloading to a clean Ruby rom and it just won't work. Can somebody help me or should I just abandon all hope of ever playing this game?

^

By the way, I am running VBA 1.7.4 on Mac OSX, if that matters.

Last edited:

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
How do I get the vestibule for Palkia/Dialga? I'm confused.

First, you must defeat Cynthia at Noormeak City (Zhery).
Then, go to the top of Mt. Oren (Lauren). Palkia is at the right gate & Dialga is at the left gate.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I've literally tried patching this game to a Ruby rom about 7 times now and it just will not load when I start up VisualBoyAdvance. It goes straight to a white screen and the game never starts. I patch the ips (English) file I get from downloading to a clean Ruby rom and it just won't work. Can somebody help me or should I just abandon all hope of ever playing this game?

^

TO FIX THE "WHITE SCREEN" PROBLEM:

1. Download the VBA on the first page of this thread.
2. Download the suggested v1.0 Ruby ROM (Google it).
3. Download the English Beta 2 patch on the first page.
4. Double click on the IPS file and then find your ROM in the new window.
5. Double click on the ROM. A window will pop-up saying it's patched.
6. Open the ROM in the VBA.
7. On the VBA, go under Options > Emulator > Save Type > 128K.
8. Play through the game, and if any other problems are encountered, re-patch the ROM up to three times. If it is still having problems, report it on this thread describing the exact problem and send a video (Instructions are in one of my previous posts) to either me or Ash493. We'll try to help you fix it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2017
TO FIX THE "WHITE SCREEN" PROBLEM:

1. Download the VBA on the first page of this thread.
2. Download the suggested v1.0 Ruby ROM (Google it).
3. Download the English Beta 2 patch on the first page.
4. Double click on the IPS file and then find your ROM in the new window.
5. Double click on the ROM. A window will pop-up saying it's patched.
6. Open the ROM in the VBA.
7. On the VBA, go under Options > Emulator > Save Type > 128K.
8. Play through the game, and if any other problems are encountered, re-patch the ROM up to three times. If it is still having problems, report it on this thread describing the exact problem and send a video (Instructions are in one of my previous posts) to either me or Ash493. We'll try to help you fix it.

It's still not working. Would you mind giving me the links that I need to follow your instructions properly?

Greg.

Elite Four
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
It's still not working. Would you mind giving me the links that I need to follow your instructions properly?

You've proably got the base ruby ROM wrong, as I had the same problem (also VBA on Mac). Search POKEMON RUBY USA and you should be ok from there.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012

^

^
i have the same probalem :(

Question: Whenever I try to open the patched file on my emulator, only a blank white screen comes up. And I know it's not the emulator or the ROM because all my other hacks play fine with the same ROM.

EDIT: Never mind, searched the thread and figured it out.
^
would u mind telling me what happend and how to fix it :)

Last edited:
Years
It seems like a poor design choice if it is impossible to heal in the first town, considering that battle with the team steam member injures our only pokemon, even if only slightly... How do you get to the second town without losing a large amount of money?

...Especially if one of your only pokemon gets poisoned in the first match. It's frustrating to just watch that money go away.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Just fight the trainers at the start of the game to level up it doesnt matter if you loose because it wont cause you a penny at the start of this game..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
I made this account JUST to play this game, because I dont know how to get it to work on my emulator. Im using the latest Visual Boy Advance and I have no idea whatsoever on how to make this game playable. Any suggestions?

Ok ive found my problem, whenever I try to open the .ips file with VBA it shows: 'Error Opening Image'

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2012
ARGGHHH

I succesfully patch the game but when I open it in VBA it says Error: Cant Be Read

HELP ME D:

Greg.

Elite Four
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
ARGGHHH

I succesfully patch the game but when I open it in VBA it says Error: Cant Be Read

HELP ME D:

Sounds like you patched it wrong if you can't get it to open at all. What OS are you using, and which software are you using to patch? I use UIPS (Working version is on Romhacking.net) for Mac, and I think Lunar IPS is solid for Windows. Remember to get correct base Ruby ROM, then open patcher, select IPS file, then ROM then you should be ok.

Back