• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
I has a working PokeCry! :D But it's for German Ruby verson, how would I fix that to make it use English version things?

Fox3292

A Veteran Trainer
Years
Ok i'm really not sure if this has been posted before because i don't want to read through 104 pages of comments. I'm working on a hack that inserts new trainers into the game. and thus i want to be able to choose what music plays during these battles. I would really like to know how to do this. not necessarily change the music (because sappy doesn't work with windows vista) but i would like to just choose what to play during the battle.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Ok i'm really not sure if this has been posted before because i don't want to read through 104 pages of comments. I'm working on a hack that inserts new trainers into the game. and thus i want to be able to choose what music plays during these battles. I would really like to know how to do this. not necessarily change the music (because sappy doesn't work with windows vista) but i would like to just choose what to play during the battle.
I beleive you can change it via a script,to replace trainers use UNLZ

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Actually, you can just use a tool. Advance Trainer for example, one of the options is to change the music. Look in the toolbox for it!

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Actually, you can just use a tool. Advance Trainer for example, one of the options is to change the music. Look in the toolbox for it!
actually not because a-trainer changes only the trainer encuontner music(when a trainer sees you and this mark ! is on his head,and the talk before the start of the battle)

Fox3292

A Veteran Trainer
Years
actually not because a-trainer changes only the trainer encuontner music(when a trainer sees you and this mark ! is on his head,and the talk before the start of the battle)
He's right. i wanted to edit the in battle script. anyways anybodey know where i can find a place that has all the offsets and a template for that kind of battle script? i'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to scripting ^^; Oh yeah. as well i'm using pokeCry to insert a pikachu cry that i found but unfortunately (thankfully i had a backup) it replaced every cry in the game. Anybodey know how to fix this? (probably been asked before i apologise)

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
He's right. i wanted to edit the in battle script. anyways anybodey know where i can find a place that has all the offsets and a template for that kind of battle script? i'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to scripting ^^; Oh yeah. as well i'm using pokeCry to insert a pikachu cry that i found but unfortunately (thankfully i had a backup) it replaced every cry in the game. Anybodey know how to fix this? (probably been asked before i apologise)
there's probably a special command for changing the battle theme,I just don't know that but I also want to know that command because I want to insert a battle themes for my hack about pokecry,I don't know....

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009

If you want to edit Trainers, I know this programs called PET. It lets you edit everything about a Trainer Battle. And trust me, it's very easy. With it you can edit:

The Trainer Name
The Music that's played during the battle
The Trainer's Pokemon
The Trainer's Hold Items

Bobriddle14

Can do Trainer
Years
Can anyone tell me if I can put new pokemon into a gold ROM or do I have to just hack an advance game. I've spent a lot Of time on gold and don't want to start over.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
If you want to edit Trainers, I know this programs called PET. It lets you edit everything about a Trainer Battle. And trust me, it's very easy. With it you can edit:

The Trainer Name
The Trainer's Pokemon
The Trainer's Hold Items

Yes, and screw up trainers too. I released A-Trainer from a while, and even if it's a beta it works pretty good.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Yes, and screw up trainers too. I released A-Trainer from a while, and even if it's a beta it works pretty good.

What in the name of Aipom are you talking about, screw up Trainers? PET does not screw up Trainers unless you do it yourself. There's pretty much no way that anyone can screw it up. PET is just as easy to use if not easier!!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
What in the name of Aipom are you talking about, screw up Trainers? PET does not screw up Trainers unless you do it yourself. There's pretty much no way that anyone can screw it up. PET is just as easy to use if not easier!!

PET screws my trainers when I first started hacking.
HackMew's Advance Trainer's the best trainer editor, even if it's still a beta.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
PET screws my trainers when I first started hacking.
HackMew's Advance Trainer's the best trainer editor, even if it's still a beta.

I'd have to agree. Although I haven't had it screw up any trainers, I've not worked with it in forever seeing as though my comp (and it's new virus scanner) recognizes it as having a trojan :/

A- Trainer is nice, has a clean GUI for a rom-hacking tool LOL, but the only reason I would use PET is to edit trainer titles, seeing as though A- trainer has not had that bug fixed yet.

Fox3292

A Veteran Trainer
Years

The Trainer Name
The Trainer's Pokemon
The Trainer's Hold Items

Pet doesn't work with leaf green. and even then i thought it was only the music that plays during the encounter.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
how can I remove the green grass from this tile?
wgomc5.gif

I want it to have only brown ground and when I save the tile set in order to edit it in paint all of this pillar tile has got a black ground and not brown\green so how to change this?
any help??????????
also sappy and mid2agb doesn't work for me,and I have a windows xp,probably the file is damaged...
can someone upload it please?
OK I have sappy now,just give me mid2agb or another tol that does the same job!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Hello.I have a question. Is there any way of taking out the pokeball throwing sequence AND the trainer standing there, then moving back? beucase for my new hack, you like be a pokemon and I want to cut out the trainer, the pokeball flying and the effect when the pokemon comes out of the ball. Help would be appreciated.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
any help??????????
also sappy and mid2agb doesn't work for me,and I have a windows xp,probably the file is damaged...
can someone upload it please?
OK I have sappy now,just give me mid2agb or another tol that does the same job!!!!!!!!

If I remember correctly, mid2agb is illegal to distribute.
Google is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back