• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanyco-007

Beginning Hacker
Years
You can use the following.
#org @start
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
end

credit Mastermind_X

just add those witebytetoooffsets to a script and your good.
vm me if you don't understand.

It doesn't work for me. I have Hoen Dex with National Dex's background with this script.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Does anybody know where the scripts for the behaviour bytes in A-Map are stored and are they in ASM or XSE-type script?
Some of them are probably scripts others probably not. For the script ones you could just search for the text that appears then search for the pointer.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
@Gamer2020
Thanks for the link; some of these tools look really cool. But what exactly do you have in mind? I don't see anything called "make that guy give you Dialga instead of Illumise." I'll definitely be using these, but I still need an answer to my primary problem.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
@Gamer2020
Thanks for the link; some of these tools look really cool. But what exactly do you have in mind? I don't see anything called "make that guy give you Dialga instead of Illumise." I'll definitely be using these, but I still need an answer to my primary problem.
I ment that so you could edit the pokedex entry.

What did you take out to insert dialga?

You tested this script? It's work for you?
Yes it works for me.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Okay, problem update.
I inserted Dialga on slot 252, and I actually figured out how to make the guy give him to me. Only problem is, his icon is just a bouncing question mark and when I try to look at Dialga's summary, the game freezes. When I tried to open his slot in RS ball, the program froze, and when I reinstalled a different Dialga sprite, it just showed a black square where the picture should have been.
help?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Okay, problem update.
I inserted Dialga on slot 252, and I actually figured out how to make the guy give him to me. Only problem is, his icon is just a bouncing question mark and when I try to look at Dialga's summary, the game freezes. When I tried to open his slot in RS ball, the program froze, and when I reinstalled a different Dialga sprite, it just showed a black square where the picture should have been.
help?

Sounds weird.
I'm intrigued.

PM me an ips. I'll take a look.

spidermight340

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 21, 2011
hello i need to know how to battle a totodile after clicking on a person event on ruby with Advance map

plzzz help

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
How strange. I just encountered the weirdest problem. All of the warps work when I'm in advance map, but when I play the game, one of the warps to a room, takes me to another room, out of bounds. How should I fix this?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
easy fix with lets say the warp you want to warp to is 3 4 5 and you put 4 4 5 if 3 is 4 dose not exsit it gose to 3 (in advance map)but in visual boy it gose to the center of the map when I was fixing one of your maps I noticed this with one of the warps and I fixed it I ges there were more I didnt notice

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
easy fix with lets say the warp you want to warp to is 3 4 5 and you put 4 4 5 if 3 is 4 dose not exsit it gose to 3 (in advance map)but in visual boy it gose to the center of the map when I was fixing one of your maps I noticed this with one of the warps and I fixed it I ges there were more I didnt notice
Could you possibly break that into steps? I don't believe I know what you mean.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Could you possibly break that into steps? I don't believe I know what you mean.
I think he means this:
When you install your warp, you have to define the warp number, map bank offset, and finally, the map itself. Basically, what you're doing is you've entered the wrong number for the warp number that you want your warp to go to (remember, warp numbering starts at zero).
Just check and make sure that the number of the warp you're telling the first warp to go to matches the number of your second warp.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
All right, I've searched the entire forums for an answer, and then Google.
I even PM'd Magnius, but he hasn't replied for some reason. (Does he hate PMs, or something?)

Anyway, I'd like to know how to fix keyoff errors when converting MIDI files with mid2agb. To be specific, I'm importing Route 209 from DPP into Fire Red. When I convert the raw MIDI file straight from the game, it works fine with mid2agb but sounds awful ingame. However, even if I just delete a track, or change an instrument, I get a keyoff error. Gah! What's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back