• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
I like how there's a big chance of finding a shiny in the crate on the shore of Fleetwood.
And, I have an idea! Can you make it so that sometimes when you run over a flower, some kind of bug or flower Pokemon can attack you. If you were to do that, this would be the first game that has that feature.

Attachments

• Pokemon Lilac.png
    Pokemon Lilac.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
To be honest, the more I see of this hack the happier it makes me. Not necessarily because the hack is improving significantly (even though it is) but because I really enjoy how enthusiastic your help is.

In all honesty, it's not usually the skill of the hacker that makes or breaks the games but the level of dedication and enthusiasm there is among staff.

In other words, please keep up the good work I wish you luck. :]

Why, thank you :)

I'm happy you're enjoying the hack because that's the kind of guy I am.

I like how there's a big chance of finding a shiny in the crate on the shore of Fleetwood.
And, I have an idea! Can you make it so that sometimes when you run over a flower, some kind of bug or flower Pokemon can attack you. If you were to do that, this would be the first game that has that feature.

Congratz on the shiny Grimer.

Yeah, that would be an interesting feature, but I'd prefer to keep my flowers as they are. I already have a lot of grass in some parts, so I wouldn't want to inconvenience anyone else by making them avoid flower tiles If their Pokemon are injured or something.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
PokemonLilac_02.png

Typo I found.
PokemonLilac_04.png
Look what else I found 8D

toastier

da bomb. :)
Years
Okay, as one of the beta testers, and official persona of DrFuji's plaything youngster rival, I am here to tell you guys how COOL this hack is.

--It has great tiles
--It has great palettes
--It has great scripts
--It has my first ever made OW in it
--It has B/W pokemon properly inserted
--It has a great storyline
--It has greatness

I have no further bugs to report, so I hope you continue to amaze us with Lilac. Great job so far :D

Oh, and for you guys not played it yet: there are a lot of hidden items to find, so search well ;)

• You MAY experience trouble when trying to enter the building where you recieve your starter. The music must be turned on in some cases to advance.
That's what DrFuji said.

and that's what she said! -dadoomduumph!-
hahahahahaha... hoo... that is some funny stuff right there...

ahem! anyways,
this hack looks veryyyy promisiingg! :D i really like the palm trees, and the flattish trees that you used, as well as the ability to capture shiny pokemon. this is the first hack i've evurr seen that has those, unless i've just never been lucky enough to get them. xD
i am really looking forward to playing this once i find the time. :)))

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
PokemonLilac_02.png

Typo I found.
PokemonLilac_04.png
Look what else I found 8D

Silly me and my typos

Why is everyone finding shinies in my game? I want some shinies too ;_;

and that's what she said! -dadoomduumph!-
hahahahahaha... hoo... that is some funny stuff right there...

ahem! anyways,
this hack looks veryyyy promisiingg! :D i really like the palm trees, and the flattish trees that you used, as well as the ability to capture shiny pokemon. this is the first hack i've evurr seen that has those, unless i've just never been lucky enough to get them. xD
i am really looking forward to playing this once i find the time. :)))

idontgetit...?

There are a couple of other hacks that allow players to catch shiny Pokemon is specific areas, so its not like you can't find better other hacks that have that feature. I hope you enjoy it when you play it :)

1089qjc.jpg

Finally got a header for updates and whatnot Credits to PokemononTrainerd for this and part of my sig.

Anyway, I won't be doing much in the coming days due to Christmas and responsibilities with family and friends, so here is a minor update. Route 6 is beginning to take shape, where a character from you'll meet a character from your past (As seen in this screenshot). It will most likely change soon, as I don't like the placement of the bridge D:

UnFinished.png

I'm also planning to go over all of the flags already present in the ROM, seeing as I rarely wrote down which ones I used so most of them have no discernable order.

Rate, subscribe, comment - Do what ever you wish and have a merry Christmas and some happy holidays :D

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Youngster CJ?
Looks cool :)
Also, on the route south of Stilwal town, past the cut tree, there is a guy who has a double battle with you and uses two Miltanks. However, the battle ends when you defeat only one of The Miltanks. I'll upload a screenshot of it when I'm not feeling lazy >;O
Also if I had beat his other Miltank my Quilava would have evolved.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This hack is quite good :3

I like how you put yourself in the game
I noticed that trade house guy mention you

and the tiles is good :3

and is it coincedence the Cj catches larvitar and the title screen has a tryantar?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Youngster CJ?
Looks cool :)
Also, on the route south of Stilwal town, past the cut tree, there is a guy who has a double battle with you and uses two Miltanks. However, the battle ends when you defeat only one of The Miltanks. I'll upload a screenshot of it when I'm not feeling lazy >;O
Also if I had beat his other Miltank my Quilava would have evolved.

Yup.

Hmm... That's quite strange. He isn't indicated as being a double battle in A-Trainer, yet he is behaving that way in your game. Thanks for that bug though, I'll fix it soon.

I apologise to your Quilava.

This hack is quite good :3

I like how you put yourself in the game
I noticed that trade house guy mention you

and the tiles is good :3

and is it coincedence the Cj catches larvitar and the title screen has a tryantar?

Thanks.

I dunno, is it a coincidence? :3

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
I'm having an issue playing the beta. I have the sound activated because I saw someone else had the same problem. When professor oak goes into the trade building and I follow him, absolutely nothing happens. I'm unable to progress further than that because I am not given a pokemon. If I go left from the town and run into the grass, I automatically lose because I don't have a pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2021
Excuse me but Lunar Ips doesn't seem to recognize the beta1 patch file. Has this hapened to anyone else ?

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
i found a bug! try talking to any t.v. and it says something about the dishes and plates

sorry i cant post a screenshot

Last edited:

Nerketur

PokéScripter
Years
Ok, I looked at this soley because it was in the top two (at the time of this posting) for HotM. Until I looked at it, I was wondering why in the world people liked this game over Super Rising Thunder. (Personally, I still like that one better) But this is still awesome. Now that I've seen pictures, videos... This is certainly a strong contender. I love how you added that broadcast from the "official" game. It made me want to actually play it, and a few bonus points. I wish you luck on your hack, and I really, really hope you stick with it until the end. This hack is going into my supported hacks, and that's saying something, as I don't normally like the hacks that follow the tried-and-true story of town-based, TR enemy gameplay. You sir, are awesome. I'm glad I visited. =)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Sorry for not replying for a long time, but I've been taking some time off working on Lilac since my last update and I didn't really want to comment on it while I wasn't working.

I'm having an issue playing the beta. I have the sound activated because I saw someone else had the same problem. When professor oak goes into the trade building and I follow him, absolutely nothing happens. I'm unable to progress further than that because I am not given a pokemon. If I go left from the town and run into the grass, I automatically lose because I don't have a pokemon.

I have a plan that will hopefully circumvent this sort of problem in the beginning. While I haven't implimented yet, I might release a slightly updated beta which will allow people with affected ROMs to progress.

I'm sorry for any inconveniece caused :)

graphics are gorgeous. love some of the terrain sprties. keep it man man looks awesome

Haha, thanks mate!

Excuse me but Lunar Ips doesn't seem to recognize the beta1 patch file. Has this hapened to anyone else ?

Not to my knowledge. Are you linking it correctly to a BPRE FireRed ROM?

i found a bug! try talking to any t.v. and it says something about the dishes and plates

sorry i cant post a screenshot

lol. Thanks, I'll get to that immediately :P

Also, thanks for supporting - It means a lot :D

Ok, I looked at this soley because it was in the top two (at the time of this posting) for HotM. Until I looked at it, I was wondering why in the world people liked this game over Super Rising Thunder. (Personally, I still like that one better) But this is still awesome. Now that I've seen pictures, videos... This is certainly a strong contender. I love how you added that broadcast from the "official" game. It made me want to actually play it, and a few bonus points. I wish you luck on your hack, and I really, really hope you stick with it until the end. This hack is going into my supported hacks, and that's saying something, as I don't normally like the hacks that follow the tried-and-true story of town-based, TR enemy gameplay. You sir, are awesome. I'm glad I visited. =)

I'm glad that you're enjoying Lilac even if you like SRT more so thanks for commenting :)

There is a reason for the G/S/C broadcast in the game as I plan on it being a major storypoint. Thanks for the compliments and supporting Lilac, it is very much appreciated :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2021
Quote originally posted by pantoniou:
Not to my knowledge. Are you linking it correctly to a BPRE FireRed ROM?

The problem happens before the patching. As soon as I choose the ips file with LunarIps it says "unable to open the file for reading".

Last edited:

Babebraham

Just being here is good enough.
Years
Is there a Zip file For the game? Also Is it Possible that you can put me in the game?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Is there a Zip file For the game? Also Is it Possible that you can put me in the game?

The initial file is WinRAR (Somewhat similar to a .zip) which is free and easy to download if you search for it in Google.

As for putting you in game, I'd prefer to know a person more before taking that step.

I should have an update in few days, but I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me in the HotM thread, and congratulate Cutlerine and Pink Parka Girl for making the voting process with me - I hope you both have more luck this month :3

Oh, and thank you to Gira for making the 'official' award, and destinedjagold for making the 'unofficial' award :>

PokmonLilacHOtMJanuary2011-1.png

HotM-January-2011---Lilac.gif

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Hey bro everything looks awesome hopefully u dnt tease and actually finish the hack goodluck

And thanks

Poke_M0

(Hidden)
Years
I found a Bug When you enter the Lowen Police Headquarter building or whatever its called Go to the girl in the counter at left side then open your bag and close it after that you'll find yourself controlling the girl instead your own character..Proof:

Another Bug when you open your bag then closed it at this part of building you will become a ghost or invisible and some messed up OW sprite:

How come i can walk on water xD

And this one..when i try to talk this guy my VBA just hangs but the music still plays i don't know if i'm the only one who encountered it..The guys showed up after my second gym battle:

Other than that Great Hack and Looking forward to your next beta! I found some tile errors too but too lazy to post em..

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I found a Bug When you enter the Lowen Police Headquarter building or whatever its called Go to the girl in the counter at left side then open your bag and close it after that you'll find yourself controlling the girl instead your own character..Proof:

Another Bug when you open your bag then closed it at this part of building you will become a ghost or invisible and some messed up OW sprite:

How come i can walk on water xD

And this one..when i try to talk this guy my VBA just hangs but the music still plays i don't know if i'm the only one who encountered it..The guys showed up after my second gym battle:

Other than that Great Hack and Looking forward to your next beta! I found some tile errors too but too lazy to post em..

Thanks, I've sorted them all out on the ROM I'm working on right now. The random guy after the second Gym is suppossed to give you an indication of where to go next (Frickle Forest) but for some reason he didn't hide on your game (But can you tell me if he activated?).

It would have been nice if you posted the tile errors, but thanks for bringing these problems to my attention :3

Back