• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
@Peeky Chew: Wow, that loadbg is really unique. It's those little things like that that can set apart a game from being pretty good from spectacular.
@Luka: Unsurprisingly, your game's graphics look incredible. The HGSSS-styled menu looks phenomenal!

Anywho... I haven't posted here in umpteenth ages. Here's the Aetori Region PokéDex, main page and info page.
capture003-2.jpg

capture005-2.jpg

(Note the custom dex entry... I mean, I didn't make it up, but I read all the dex entries provided by Bulbapedia and made something new from it. I'm doing this for all 493 species. I've got Pokes 1-20, Golem, and Gyarados(my two testing sprites when working with the dex) completed. The circle will have the species footprint once/if I script that in)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
My first "3D" cutscene of an ingame event from Blue Chrome. This one is with the mighty Shadow Lugia, which is battled in the Phantom Realm. Just on a side note, this is not a new Pokemon (so 494 in the Pokedex), this is just Lugia's altered form when in the Phantom Realm. If you take it out of there...it will turn into the normal form Lugia. Anyways enough with the talking and here with the screenshot.

capture016z.png
capture025.png

There will be more like this throughout the game.

EDIT: The screenshot on the right is the animation when travelling through the two dimensions. Just thought I'd make it nicer instead of keeping it a boring player transfer. Btw...the background is animated, and the player is spinning around, looks quite funny actually :D

EDIT2: Made some minor adjustments to the 3D cutscene, to make it even better 3D.

EDIT3: Everybody seems to be thinking this so I'll say it loud and clear. This is NOT Mode 7 system, it's my very own 3D handler, and it will be used just for 3D cutscenes, not the whole game.

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
My first "3D" cutscene of an ingame event from Blue Chrome. This one is with the mighty Shadow Lugia, which is battled in the Phantom Realm. Just on a side note, this is not a new Pokemon (so 494 in the Pokedex), this is just Lugia's altered form when in the Phantom Realm. If you take it out of there...it will turn into the normal form Lugia. Anyways enough with the talking and here with the screenshot.

capture016z.png
capture025.png

There will be more like this throughout the game.

EDIT: The screenshot on the right is the animation when travelling through the two dimensions. Just thought I'd make it nicer instead of keeping it a boring player transfer. Btw...the background is animated, and the player is spinning around, looks quite funny actually :D

EDIT2: Made some minor adjustments to the 3D cutscene, to make it even better 3D.

Does the one on the right have the player spinning around? Haha that is a classic, good ol' Zelda :)

Years
Just a screenshot of one of the many (currently the only one mapped) shrines/dungeons in my game. Yes, that menu is actually working...except the Debug and Options. Also, that dot thing in the middle of the menu is actually the mouse icon.

pokemondawnscreenshot1.png

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Oh, that looks good!

When taking screenshots in the future, you may want to shrink the screen resolution. It looks stretched out and isn't very appealing.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
Looks good, what is the right part of the game screen for...

And also the part at the bottom...

Dual screen?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Looks good, what is the right part of the game screen for...

And also the part at the bottom...

Dual screen?

Upper left is for OW adventure. Right screen is for menus and the bottom is the HUD, showing your team and menu buttons. I have not added them to the game just yet.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
The graphics are pretty cool, nonetheless :)

@Soul.//Silver Hmm, that screenie is pretty good. I agree with Maximus though, it looks pixelated and poorly scaled, scale them down to make them look better ^^
But there's something weird about having grassy/marshy area have fog...
Also: A hand or the usual cursor might be better, don't really like the dot like thing...

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
Thanks for the rating :)
I'm editing it a bit and I'll repost it here soon.

You know people, it would be nice if you actually rated the screenshots above your post. If you want yours rated then rate others!

Anyway. I really like the menu, it all looks really good and I like how you can see through. The only part that's not perfect is the render on some of the images in the menu. Who made the water? I really like it.

For the second screen. Also very good, but there are a couple of errors. First, the sides of the trees should be conncted in the to at the right and two at the left side of that part. The other is the ledge, it doesn't have an ending tile likeit should.

@ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™: I'd rate it, but it's too resized.

Here's mine:
Selectionscreen.gif

I wanted to make a nice animation for once, instead of just making simple backgrounds. Comments?

No offense, but that just hurts my eyes. Can you make it less flashy? Like clouds just moving over the ocean something?
BTW: Don't mean to b off topic, but how do u change the bg for that?

Years
I don't really expect much feedback for my screenshot; seeing as it's NOT Pokémon. Although, my opinion may be biased seeing as it's based on past experiences. This is merely but an introductory sequence from my original game that I've yet to post here on PokéCommunity and I probably never will. I'll be posting screens seeing as I don't get enough... "decent" feedback on other forums.

NewIntro.png

Years
The details are kind of hard to make out due to it being so dark.
I encourage you to post the thread whenever you have enough material ready to post it. Game Dev really needs more non-Pokemon games.

Years
I've been fiddling with the tints; I could post it in the Drawing Board, but, eh.. I'm still a bit iffy about it. I'll think about it, but for now, here's another screen that's -hopefully- not so dark...

20.png

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
I suggest editing the message script that you have to move the namebox a little bit more to the left.
It looks a bit odd in the position it is in.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Put the name box in the center of the talking persons faceset, that would be better :3

Years
Thanks for the suggestion, Poeman.
It's been fixed, thanks to Cilebra; here's what it looks like at the moment seeing as I'm too lazy to take a screenshot.

[NameBox]
FACEHERE -- Dialog and whatnot here..

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I've been fiddling with the tints; I could post it in the Drawing Board, but, eh.. I'm still a bit iffy about it. I'll think about it, but for now, here's another screen that's -hopefully- not so dark...

20.png

I really like the visual style, and the only problem I really have with that screen is the design of the main character, but that's just because I prefer realism in games rather than exaggeration. I would also really love it if you were to post it on PC, we haven't had nearly enough non-Pokemon games posted here.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Speaking of the namebox, you should remove the colon in there. It's obvious it's a "this is who is speaking" thing already.

Years
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=167169@Dr. Octogonapus posts

First of all, I like the visual style of the game (although I may be a bit biased since you posted stuff with rather cool looking water and I just like water in games for some reason XD). The character Rein looks pretty cool, and I like that the first pic with the mystery guy has a guy with his face covered instead of being inconsistent and having no Portrait for him while having ones for others like Rein. I also like that your using Portraits for the characters, it's small but I always like the idea of portraits like that.

The only other thing is as mentioned, the name box should be a little more to the left (I would say try and match the red corner thing on the name box to the one on the dialogue box, try and make it blend well if you know what I mean?)

I haven't seen if you have posted a thread about the game or not but I may have a quick lookie when I get time for one.

Anyway, sorry for the kinda long postish post but just trying to give you some detailed feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back