• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
question_1.jpg

Video Games Quick Question Thread

Have you ever had just one question that you wanted to ask, but didn't know who to ask and didn't think it deserved its own thread? Well here is your answer.
Here in this thread, you can ask anything that doesn't need its own thread. You can ask anything from what console you want to buy, what games should be recommended and so on.

Please keep the questions to a Video Game theme, obviously. If you are unsure if it should go here or deserves it own thread, feel free to PM or VM me and I will be happy to help and point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Ok, so I'm looking for an awesome DS game to play.
Can anyone suggest any between PEGI 3+-PEGI 12/ESRB C-ESRB E10+?
A T rating would suffice too!

Years

Since you didn't give any insight of which genres you typically play, I'll go ahead and reccomend any game from the Professor Layton series. They all provide a great amount of fun for players of all ages.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015

Well apart from Pokemon, all I play on my DS are the Advance Wars games, there's two out on the DS (Dark Conflict and Dual Strike, both equally as fun). And I also loved Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. But if you're not a Tactical RPG nut like I am, then there are loads of fun and quirky titles out there that you may enjoy, like Elite Beat Agents, Soul Bubbles, Super Scribblenauts and the Mario + Luigi games that are out for it currently (Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story).

I'm sure you'll enjoy all those games, so take your pick!

Years
Good thinking, Cap.

@Theexplorer, New super mario bros. is a classic if you haven't bought it yet.
If you're a fan of Doctor who, the ds game could be a good game for you as well. (Make sure you go nowhere near the wii version though)

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Ok, thanks guys for all your suggestions, will go ahead and say which I won't be playing.
Professor Layton: I myself would also recommend these titles. I won;t be playing them because...I already have!
NSMB: Same reason.
If anyone has any more, please PM or VM me them.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
So, I have some store credit at a local game store, so I'm probably thinking of buying a new Xbox 360 game. If anyone has either played L.A. Noire or Brink, would you be able to give some sort of recommendation for me? I honestly don't know what to get with the money.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
I played Brink earlier at a friends house, we played a few rounds of multiplayer and found it to be satisfactory. It's everything a multiplayer heavy FPS game should be, with some of their own interesting elements, like parkour style running and jumping around obstacles but other than that, it was ok. Haven't played LA Noire but really really want to. It's the first game in a while where I want to find out what happens in the story.

Years
So, I have some store credit at a local game store, so I'm probably thinking of buying a new Xbox 360 game. If anyone has either played L.A. Noire or Brink, would you be able to give some sort of recommendation for me? I honestly don't know what to get with the money.

I haven't played either game so don't do anything based on just my opinion.

The way I see it LA Noire is another open world game by Rockstar so it can't be too bad. The fact that its open world and I assume it will have a reasonably lengthy story mean that it should keep you going for a long time.

I love the idea of Brink. A parkour fps? sounds good. The reviews I've seen so far are a bit mixed though so I wonder if the developers didn't pull the idea off. In Oxm's review, they said the solo play was a bit which is understandable given how its based on the multiplayer.

I think it all really depends on how much you think you would play the multiplayer of Brink. I personally think, from everything I've seen/read, that LA Noire might be the better game.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015

Again, I haven't played either.... xD.
But LA Noire is getting rave reviews so far, and is really interesting me, if you're looking for a gripping story and revolutionary game play, this seems like the place to go. It really looks like it'll be experience that will leave a mark on gaming forever.

As for Brink, to me, it just seems like an inferior TF2..but that's just me, not too big on the FPS anyway.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
My Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories says,"You've exceeded the Deck Capacity" and no matter how many times I edit my deck it still says this. How do I fix this?

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Yeah so I'm SOOO bummed, I really want to buy this game but nowhere in my area do they sell it. I live in central IL,USA. I asked 2 game stops, walmart, and best buy. They said the closest area was Kewanee and thats like a hour away.

I really liked it. The time travel mechanics really keep the game interesting as well as involved in the storyline. Battles are turn-based, but with a bit more strategy than the usual take.

If you're an RPG fan, it's definitely worth it.

razzbat

dancer
Years
not sure if this thread is still running with the last post being a week ago.. but heck why not.

I want to get into the shin megami tensei series but I don't know which to start with. any suggestions? atm i'm thinking shin megami tensei on the snes, persona 3 on ps2, persona 2 on psp or strange journey on ds.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Amazing series of games there, I started with Persona 2 on PSP, but not sure which one you should start with. I haven't played any game before persona 2 still but I have played all the others. I would say maybe start on persona 1 then move forward from there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
What would be the best system to get if you want to play Final Fantasy? I've heard you can play it on Xbox 360 and PS3. Also, PS2 games can be played on PS3 right?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
What would be the best system to get if you want to play Final Fantasy? I've heard you can play it on Xbox 360 and PS3. Also, PS2 games can be played on PS3 right?

I saw part of your question in the DCC first so check there, but I'll answer the other things you asked here. The only Final Fantasy available on both 360 and PS3 is XIII, with XI (which is an online game instead of the traditional style of Final Fantasy game) also playable on 360.

PS2 games can only be played on the original "phat" model of PS3. The 20GB and 60GB models are fully compatible with PS2 games, whereas the 80GB uses spotty and imperfect emulation. However, these models have not been sold in stores for years and are very expensive in the secondhand market. All "Slim" PS3s (120, 250, and 320 GB models) can't play PS2 games at all, but can play PS1 games.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I saw part of your question in the DCC first so check there, but I'll answer the other things you asked here. The only Final Fantasy available on both 360 and PS3 is XIII, with XI (which is an online game instead of the traditional style of Final Fantasy game) also playable on 360.

PS2 games can only be played on the original "phat" model of PS3. The 20GB and 60GB models are fully compatible with PS2 games, whereas the 80GB uses spotty and imperfect emulation. However, these models have not been sold in stores for years and are very expensive in the secondhand market. All "Slim" PS3s (120, 250, and 320 GB models) can't play PS2 games at all, but can play PS1 games.
Danggit, I was hoping to buy an entire collection of them :/

Thanks for the replies tho!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
not sure if this thread is still running with the last post being a week ago.. but heck why not.

I want to get into the shin megami tensei series but I don't know which to start with. any suggestions? atm i'm thinking shin megami tensei on the snes, persona 3 on ps2, persona 2 on psp or strange journey on ds.

Since the games under the "Shin Megami Tensei" umbrella are pretty broad in themes and such it can be hard to say. I'd definitely recommend holding off on any SMT titles made before the previous generation as, while things like the SNES games and the original Persona for PS1 were considered great games in their day, they've aged somewhat poorly and are kind of clunky and monotonous.

If you want the purest SMT experience go with Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne on PS2, as this is the newest of the "official" SMT games. The Persona series are spinoffs that have become more popular than the original and are famous for the "social link" and time management elements that have come to define it. Persona 2, which originally released for PS1, is sort of a "bridge" between Persona 1 and Persona 3 in that the gameplay is improved enough to still be playable but it doesn't have the other elements that have defined the series since Persona 3 and 4. Strange Journey is straight-up dungeon crawler and is more like a modern, playable version of the oldest Shin Megami Tensei games.

Of all those you mentioned I like Persona 3 the most, but any are good choices!

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015

If you can afford it, get a 60gb PS3, but they're rare nowadays..otherwise..PS2 is really the only way to go for Final Fantasy as it can play PS1 games also, with that you get Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX/X/X-2/XI/XII, plus other ones like Tactics and Chronicles.
Only other options would be PSP with the 2 Anniversary editions, Tactics: War of Lions, the Dissidia games plus the PS1 versions that are available on the Playstation store, DS with III and IV (Probably the best versions of the two) plus XII Revenant Wings and Tactics A2, or you can go NES with I, II, III or SNES with IV, V and Mystic Quest.
Yeah, I know Chairman Kaga already gave a response, but mine said different stuff.

Back