• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
i like the idea of this mod and being able to take the gym challenge in any order (with a bit of training first)

That would make it extremely hard to put the correct levels on the gym leader's Pokemon.
Although, with careful flags and variables in place, it's possible.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
That would make it extremely hard to put the correct levels on the gym leader's Pokemon.
Although, with careful flags and variables in place, it's possible.

Me and a old coding friend of mine have actually been looking into this with XSE scripting lately and we've been throwing together a possible badge-check upon entrance to the gym.

To my understanding there are flags for obtaining badges. This will take up A LOT of trainer space so I may not implement this (or find a alternative), but based on what badge flags have been met it will switch out the gym's trainer info/team info.

8 badges times 8 main gym leaders will result in 64 different trainer info split upon the gym leaders. Eh. I'll look for yet another alternative.

nice overworld character and nice tiles I would like to see more screens tho :P

I need to get more screenshots, which may not be so soon since my rom troubles. I wish I didn't have to work the next 4 days in a row. D:

Last edited:

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Me and a old coding friend of mine have actually been looking into this with XSE scripting lately and we've been throwing together a possible badge-check upon entrance to the gym.

To my understanding there are flags for obtaining badges. This will take up A LOT of trainer space so I may not implement this (or find a alternative), but based on what badge flags have been met it will switch out the gym's trainer info/team info.

8 badges times 8 main gym leaders will result in 64 different trainer info split upon the gym leaders. Eh. I'll look for yet another alternative.

That's the idea I had in mind. Having the same gym leader but different levels depending on the level of the Pokemon the player has. I didn't mean 8 different leaders though. 4 is good like one for level 10, 30, 50, 70. (Maybe 4 is too general.) But bear in mind many trainers in A-trainer are unused by the game. For example, the first couple trainers are Team Aqua leaders which aren't used at all in FireRed. You could easily change them to Gym Leaders. With more searching, you could find at least a couple dozen empty trainers. Then, if you are still short, use some of the Team Rocket Grunts.

The 'challenge any gym leader at anytime' idea is unique but a challenge to pull off correctly. You can't have a gym leader too easy or too hard for the player's Pokemon.

LinK93

Translator/Beta tester
Years
dude....it looks........IT LOOKS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!! I'm loving the aspect of the images( but the hair looks strange), I hope you finish it quickly!!!
Good Luck to you

Cello

Tonight!
Years
dude....it looks........IT LOOKS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!! I'm loving the aspect of the images( but the hair looks strange), I hope you finish it quickly!!!
Good Luck to you

I actually have a new sprite I need to update him with. I'll look into changing that "I was just hit by hard wind" hairstyle. :P

I bring you, new updated teaser screenshots!

screen3.png
screen1.png
screen2.png

New beta shots. I haven't inserted any new tiles into my rom yet unfortunately due to being busy.

Also, expect before the weeks end a new info page posted featuring some artwork/new screenshots of actual gameplay/starter info.
It will be covering all of the starter obtaining scene, basically.

Be sure to give feedback.

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Haha thanks. :)

I feel bad because I didn't have anything THAT new. Starting out with a fresh rom was a set back.
I did get to insert new cliffs/stairs/and flowers though, and change the room (which I'll probably change later too.)

I have work all day today and tomorrow but I'm currently throwing together a big page of info/artwork/screenshots right now. Kind of like if corocoro was doing english coverage of Crossroads only it's me instead of corocoro. xD

The Blueprint

Pokemon: Aurum
Years
I'd Like to help Sprite for this if the position isn't already filled. this looks really promising. For proof, Look in my album. Also, you have seen my hacks sprites.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Cello I'm really looking forward to this, I hope you finish it. I made a support bar for it:

isuppertyou.png

PHP:
[center][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191669][img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8318/isuppertyou.png[/img][/url][/center]

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Cello I'm really looking forward to this, I hope you finish it. I made a support bar for it:

isuppertyou.png

PHP:
[center][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191669][img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8318/isuppertyou.png[/img][/url][/center]

Oh wow! That's so cool, I never expected anybody to do that. xD
Thank you very much. I'll update the first post with it and give you credit.

I'm still working very hard on crossroads. Right now I'm doing artwork for a new info page covering the beginning scene. The beginning sequence is tough to get through, but once I do get through it everything else should be pretty easy going. :I

@ AiiNZ
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the offer, but right now I'm not looking for any help unfortunately. If ever I do need a spriter I'll be sure to call on you first, though!

@ La Pompa
Do you mean like a game text spell checker? That would be nifty for when I start going into beta testing stage. :)

UPDATE:
I attached below my final revision of the sprites that'll be feature in the new info update (for today, anyways, :) )
This is a preview, zoomed in 200% of it's original size.
Top row: Male character, Female Character (To change likely), Neighbor/Reoccurring character
Bottom Row: Professor (To change likely), Mum, Neighbor/Reoccurring character

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Oh wow! That's so cool, I never expected anybody to do that. xD
Thank you very much. I'll update the first post with it and give you credit.

Credits would be nice, but it is not needed. I really like those inside tiles, mostly the floor. I hope to see this hack in the Hack Showcase section. Good luck with this Cello.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Ugh, I hate when things don't go the way I've planned.

Unfortunately I'm having warp/script placement issues. I know how to make warps and script, but I can't seem to place them on the map correctly. I step on them and they don't activate!~
If anybody thinks they could help with my problems, please PM me. In the mean time, there's nothing much more I can do than just expand the maps!

This is prohibiting me from getting the new batch of screenshots that I was planning on placing the new info page, which is a pain because I wanted it done before the end of this week. -_-

EDIT: OH WOW, right after I posted this comment I went in A-Map and immediately fixed my problems, ROFL. High fives for everybody!
I just had to put the movement permission for the tile to 0. Somebody really should post this in a guide.

Too bad I have to work tomorrow. :(

Also, thanks for +1300 views!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back