• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Blue hack: Pokemon Wood

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
An extension to this idea could be (and I'm just getting creative here) that you added new HMs or item that magically change the seasons, that way you could have more than basic cut trees or water blocking paths. You could have overgrown trees which will die out in the winter and let you past.
Interesting. Maybe I could put a key item (a sort of "type booster") that, when used on a high-leveled pokemon, affects the season according to its type: for example if the pokemon is ice and at least level 40 the season becomes winter, if it's fire then you'll get summer.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
It's awesome to see these changes he can make a rom in GB, with a great quality, usually this kind of hack is not very appreciated, but you've got a great job with these graphics, the maps also is very good!
It seems to be a great scripter, too!

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years

Interesting. Maybe I could put a key item (a sort of "type booster") that, when used on a high-leveled pokemon, affects the season according to its type: for example if the pokemon is ice and at least level 40 the season becomes winter, if it's fire then you'll get summer.

Now that's an interesting idea! Will this key item have unlimited uses?

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Now that's an interesting idea! Will this key item have unlimited uses?
Probably it should since it is a key item and having limited use would be maybe somewhat annoying.
will this work on a MeBoy emulator?
I didn't test it, but since it works with Blue (this hack's base ROM) and with Gold (upon which I based the RTC feature), it should work with Wood too.

Small update: night tileset problem is fixed: now at night-time windows are actually lighter than rest of tiles.
61155734.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2012
This looks epic. I am really impressed with what your doing with a retro rom, I am looking more forward to this more than... I don't know what. So happy I randomly clicked onto this thread!

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
I've been lurking on this for a while, but it looks fantastic! I'm really pleased you're working on something so great with the first generation, too.

The key item seasons idea sounds pretty cool, although it'd have to be explained well in the game in order for someone to get what it's supposed to do. Would NPCs comment on how fast the seasons are changing? Hahaha...

Dodq2

Black Knights Commander
Years
This may not mean much coming from a new member but I have to say, I am more excited for this hack to come out over Pokemon Prism! Not only is the plot compelling, but I have been waiting for the day when finally I would be able to be a badass-avenger-type, but I also get to look like the coolest Pokemon sprite used! I DESPISE looking like the Red/Gold/DPPT-guys!!! I've always wanted too look like the rival, and haven't since Zel (Shiny Gold creator) began and soon quit Pokemon Gary Edition. I'm sure this hack will go far, never give up on it! I can see the raw potential it has. Good luck, I will DEFINITELY be watching and waiting for (dare I say it?) Beta 1!

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Update: really small, as usual. I've been repointing lots of tables lately, since they need to be expanded in order to allow inserting new pokemon and stuff.

43b.png

I've been also playing around with SGB palettes (also getting rid of that pseudo-white/pink shade), and by the way here's a possible new color scheme for the titlescreen:

76897381.png

How about it?

This looks epic. I am really impressed with what your doing with a retro rom, I am looking more forward to this more than... I don't know what. So happy I randomly clicked onto this thread!
Thanks.

I've been lurking on this for a while, but it looks fantastic! I'm really pleased you're working on something so great with the first generation, too.

The key item seasons idea sounds pretty cool, although it'd have to be explained well in the game in order for someone to get what it's supposed to do. Would NPCs comment on how fast the seasons are changing? Hahaha...
Thanks. Of course NPC and "trainer tips" signposts will help the player understanding the various feature. After all that's how original creators did too.

This may not mean much coming from a new member but I have to say, I am more excited for this hack to come out over Pokemon Prism! Not only is the plot compelling, but I have been waiting for the day when finally I would be able to be a badass-avenger-type, but I also get to look like the coolest Pokemon sprite used! I DESPISE looking like the Red/Gold/DPPT-guys!!! I've always wanted too look like the rival, and haven't since Zel (Shiny Gold creator) began and soon quit Pokemon Gary Edition. I'm sure this hack will go far, never give up on it! I can see the raw potential it has. Good luck, I will DEFINITELY be watching and waiting for (dare I say it?) Beta 1!
Thank you, I seriously plan to make this a complete hack (no idea how it will be going to take, though).

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2020
wow. this looks like a hack id play. i need to stay posted. i lkike the way you added the day and night systems

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
Wow

Wow, great work, i'm sure i'll be a great hack, keep with the good work, and i loved your choise for protagonist of the game!!!! I FREAKIN' WANT TO SEE THIS FINISHED!!!!!

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
If this game's going to be released, will it be a demo, an alpha, a beta, or will you first complete it and then release it?

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
If this game's going to be released, will it be a demo, an alpha, a beta, or will you first complete it and then release it?
I've planned to release first a demo: it should have a couple of cities (including a Prefecture/Gym), a couple of routes and a dungeon. I don't know about date, though.

I don't know if you've seen this, it's a random script:

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
You're crazy! You've done so much with red it's unbelievable! And you've only known ASM for a few months, that's right?

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
You're crazy! You've done so much with Blue it's unbelievable! And you've only known ASM for a few months, that's right?
Ha! Thanks! Well about ASM, I learned it last summer; now that I think of it, it seems yesterday!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Very nice indeed !

I suppose that asm script took a while to create as it even requires a lot of time with scripting commands in G/S/C. By the way, are you planning (or have you already) created some kind of scripting system which includes basic commands ?

Spoiler:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Very nice indeed !

I suppose that asm script took a while to create as it even requires a lot of time with scripting commands in G/S/C.
Thanks!

It took me a whole free evening to build that script, plus another hour to fix some small flag errors.

By the way, are you planning (or have you already) created some kind of scripting system which includes basic commands ?
No, I think I'll leave the "scripting" engine as is, except for adding some more routines for things that might come in handy

Spoiler:
Actually it's a lot nicer than that (here is the link to my scripting guidelines, I've explained get/check pokemon in part 3):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back