• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Person Shooting games opinions

FPS ratings

• Total voters

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
What's your opinion on FPS's? God, the people who play them seem to hate Pokémon...

Last edited:

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Depends on the game.

Of my top five most played games, three are first person shooters: all of them multiplayer. There's something about the rush of energy I get when I try to headshot an enemy at mid range while strafing to avoid incoming fire. That feeling of excitement when I rush through an enemy spawn only to get kill after kill, weaving and dodging to avoid getting shot at. Getting a sniper kill against an enemy sniper who's been pestering me all round long...

I find them really, really fun. I'll admit they aren't for everyone; I only really enjoy playing them for the multiplayer aspect. I like creating a character and advancing through ranks, unlocking and earning attachments.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Considering that's where most of the multiplayer is, that's where I mostly am. I also play TPS, racing, strategy, RPG, MMO, simulation, platformer, finger-shooter, RTS, action, adventure, etc. everything from E to M, from fainting Pokemon to gibbing locusts, from flooring a Reventon to saving every realm, every Universe.

Years
The Poll seems a bit biased? Murder? A FPS typically sets you in a military environment thus no murder. I like them but really only ArmA because i'm going to enlist :P

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
I like some games. I used to liked CoD but the fans on Youtube ruined it for me.(some are fine though) I was watching a walkthrough and someone was like "THIS GAME SUX PLAY CALL OF DUTY THAT'S THE MANLIEST GAME EVER." And there's this kid whose obsessed and I mean OBSESSED with Microsoft and he has bad grammar(he does it on purpose) and he always ends his posts like "MICROSOFT 4 LIFE!!" or something. It's really annoying. I like some shooting games(Halo for example) those are fine.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Most FPS games have a bunch of multiplayer aspects included, in fact, most FPS are centered around the multiplayer. I used to play a lot of Call of Duty, but I just started to hate the competitive parts of it (I'm the type of guy who plays for fun), and soon stopped playing it altogether.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I can only really enjoy FPS games when I play with friends. I used to play alone all the time but now I get bored really fast as I'm not as competitive as when I am with my friends, and the campaign modes to me even on the hardest difficulty are just far to simple and easy, maybe I just got better I don't know but they to me don't seem as good as they used to be.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I used to play Halo before my boyfriend's 360 got the RROD. as for others most are okay but CoD. ( reason: all these stupid parents buying it for their little darlings who are clearly too young to play at M rated game and then hearing them on multi-player). I'll only play FPS on single player.

so yeah some FPS are okay.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
I used to play Halo before my boyfriend's 360 got the RROD. as for others most are okay but CoD. ( reason: all these stupid parents buying it for their little darlings who are clearly too young to play at M rated game and then hearing them on multi-player). I'll only play FPS on single player.

so yeah some FPS are okay.

YES THANK YOU. And then on youtube they say that other games but call of duty suck and it's the manliest game ever etc.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
The only FPSs i play are the Bioshock series and Borderlands 2. sure, i play FPS games, but not as dumb as the Call of Duty series that everyone mindlessly play

Years
I think I might be one of the few people who play Pokemon as much as other FPS games. Personally, they're (mostly) mindless games that I can play without thinking, whereas Pokemon is a game that requires some strategy. I enjoy the FPS genre, and I feel I can enjoy all types of games, from pure puzzle to turn-based strategy to mindless shooters. Games such as Call of Duty aren't that bad if you take away the immature and unintelligent parts of the community (but, let's face it, that's not going to happen).

Obviously there is no game that is marketed towards every type of gamer, and it's just a matter of personal preference which genre of games you decide to play - Pokemon, FPS, etc.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I love FPS games! It has to be my favorite genre of games. I don't play as much FPS's as I used to a few years ago, but I used to play a ton of Soldier front (IJJI), AVA, Combat Arms, L4D, Ace of Spades, a ton of small commuity FPS's on Steam, and I also did try COD (but I didn't really like it.)

Like others have mentioned, I love the competitiveness brought out by most FPS's, and I do enjoy multiplayer games, so that's definitely something you almost always get with first person shooters. I'm honestly just a fan of shooting games. I might not be the best at them, but they are entertaining and they don't require much skill other than some decent coordination.

Years
First person shooters aren't really my thing, as I've never found any sort of first person game all that fun, including things like Minecraft and The Elder Scrolls games. I much prefer if I'm controlling a character, that I can see all of their limbs (rather than just your hands, and occassionally your feet), as the first person cameras always seem a little phony to me. If I was using some sort of controller that simulated an actual gun by pointing it at the screen, I might be able to get into them a bit more.

So overall, I don't mind first person shooters, but rarely do I find myself playing them.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I used to love FPS games, but I feel that the market has been oversaturated over time so I lost interest not too long after BF3 started pedaling the dumb premium thing (that and it's like it's trying to be CoD.)

KannibalKween

Queen of the Dark
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
I am a huge fan of most Fps games like elder scrolls, Fallout, Far cry, ect but being said unless its open world me no like <.<.

Years
I am a huge fan of most Fps games like elder scrolls, Fallout, Far cry, ect but being said unless its open world me no like <.<.
I wouldn't really consider Elder Scrolls to be an FPS o3o

What's your opinion on FPS's? God, the people who play them seem to hate Pokémon...
A lot of people who play mainstream shooters are a bunch of idiots, I wouldn't listen to any of them >_>

I'm not really one for the mainstream FPSes like CoD and BF but I do play tons of TF2, and Counter Strike, with hundreds of hours on each, and I did play a lot of Halo 3 back in the day when that was popular, although I've grown out of console gaming as it's a very silly thing... ok I'm not getting into that here, lol.

It's kind of an odd question to answer because it's not really like a very controversial thing and either you don't like FPSes because you're bad at them or you don't like the violence. Or you like them a lot.

TY

I like FPS games, but i hate the ones that are constantly mentioned in youtube comments (CoD, Battlefield). I love Borderlands (tho it can be seen as a RPG too) and Far Cry, but CoD and Battlefield ruin FPS imo. Cant say anything about Halo since i dont own a Xbox. Some are good and some are way too overrated. Hearing little kids scream that you "hardscope" (dude... wtf thats how you USE A SNIPER) made me hate CoD and BF

Back