• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
It iis possible to implement MUGSHOTS to Pokemon Ruby for all trainers like have E4?

Mmmm.

sssshhhh.....
Le pug is talking.

If you're talking about showing a pokepic of the trainer in the corner above the message box, simply find the "pokemon species" you want to use (you'll probably have to edit the sprites of unused pokemon into the trainer sprites you want) and you'll have to figure out what coordinates you want to use (X,Y).

the command in XSE is

showpokepic 0x#pokemonspecies# 0x#Xcoordinate# 0x#Ycoordinate#

and to end it,
hidepokepic

so for an example, Tyranitar in ruby is 0xF8 and the center of the screen is 0xA 0x3:

Check out this spoiler
Spoiler:

I hope this has helped you and that I answered what you were looking for.

...okay le pug is done.
still sssshhhh.....

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
So, im trying to use the tut by BJBottomz to expand the canvas of the sprites on NSE from 16x32 to 32x32, and on step 4, I believe, where it says to go to prefences and so on, for some reason my NSE doesn't have those options. I also just got a new laptop with windows 8. I don't know if that's the problem or theres something else I can do, but ive already tried redownloading it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Okay, so now im stuck again...I follow the tut, the only thing I don't do is uncheck the box in the preferences at the beginning, because im editing the hero sprite and it doesn't have 9 frames. so I go through and edit each frame to a new offset and overwrite it, but then after that and I go to import my sprite, it looks good on the first frame, but then on all of the next frames, this kind of thing happens. What did I do wrong? :/

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Okay, so now im stuck again...I follow the tut, the only thing I don't do is uncheck the box in the preferences at the beginning, because im editing the hero sprite and it doesn't have 9 frames. so I go through and edit each frame to a new offset and overwrite it, but then after that and I go to import my sprite, it looks good on the first frame, but then on all of the next frames, this kind of thing happens. What did I do wrong? :/

I'm not expert at this kind of thing, but If I were to guess, I would say maybe your picture doesn't have the correct dimensions? So it's not 32x32.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
It is 32 x 32, I see. Maybe you need to import to a new offset. Also, the hero must have more than just 9 frames

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
It is 32 x 32, I see. Maybe you need to import to a new offset. Also, the hero must have more than just 9 frames
how would I do that? and yeah, that's why I didn't uncheck the box, cause I thought it said that you uncheck the box if the sprite has 9 frames, but mine has more, so I didn't uncheck the box.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
In the preferences screen, go to frame, then offset. That's the offset for the specified frame.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
In the preferences screen, go to frame, then offset. That's the offset for the specified frame.
Yeah, in the tutorial it says to get a new offset and replace it, which I end up doing. So i give each frame a new offset. at first they all had the same offset, o when i would import 1 sprite, it would be the same on all frames, but then when i gave each a new offset, that didn't happen, but it still doesn't answer why it get scrambled.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Yeah, in the tutorial it says to get a new offset and replace it, which I end up doing. So i give each frame a new offset. at first they all had the same offset, o when i would import 1 sprite, it would be the same on all frames, but then when i gave each a new offset, that didn't happen, but it still doesn't answer why it get scrambled.

What version exactly? I have an issue with a custom version of 1.7.2.2 where this happens. On 1.7.5.X, this is not an issue.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Question time~

I am currently following a tutorial on adding new attacks into a Ruby ROM.
I am following Jambo's tutorial.
Things are going smoothly but, a question suddenly popped in my head.

Now, navigate back to 0x250C04 and copy (12 * number of new attacks) worth of data. This should ensure that the new attacks you add inherit some sensible data which PGE can work with.

Since I am adding 157 new attacks, this step asks me to copy 1884 bytes of data (12 * 157).

And now my question: how can one actually know they copied 1884 bytes of data?

Do I need to...
(1)navigate to the address (e.g. 0x250C04) and just simply add 1884 to it (result would be 0x252488), and then copy the data from the address (e.g. 0x250C04) to the result (0x252488) or...

(2)do I first have to convert the address (e.g. 0x250C04) into decimal (result would be 2427908) and then add 1884 to it (result would be 2429792), and then convert back to hex (result would be 0x251360), and then copy the data from the address (e.g. 0x250C04) to the result (0x251360)?

Thankies~

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
The latter. Another way would be to convert 1884 into hex (you'd get 0x75C) and add that to x250C04. Never add decimal and hexadecimal values together without converting one of them if you want results that make any sense.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
ok quick question. anyone know what this means?
"invalid pointer to map footer"
it appears when i try to load a map i have edited in advmap.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Is it possible to make pokemon follow you like in HG/SS in FireRed? Also, is it possible to put something similar to poke amie from X/Y in FireRed? (I'm thinking no, but one of us really wants to know)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back