• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
((OOC: Thanks NightOfRemorse! Can't wait to get stuck in :D))

As she hung up the last sweater from her bag, Selene sat on her Entei dorm bed and looked around her, smiling broadly. She clasped her hands together and stood up, whirling round in excitement. "We DID IT Ri!! We're here! Can you believe it! Oh my...I don't even know where to begin, where to go!! This place is so HUGE...and we're away from home for the first time..." she paused for a moment as Riolu clambered up her arm and sat on her shoulder. She laughed and patted his foot affectionately. "I know what you want...time to chow down little guy??"

She turned and left the room, making her way downstairs. She noticed a group of trainers sat around a table and gulped. Oh no...this was the difficult bit...human to human interaction. If it didn't go in a Pokeball she wasn't particularly comfortable. 'New start Selene...new start...' She took a deep breath and walked over, smiling and holding onto Riolu's hand tightly. "Hi...I'm Selene, from Entei dorm...could I...I mean, we, sit with you guys?? I've just arrived..."

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Ellie smiled sweetly. "Any time missy. And I think about fighting a lot because I want to get stronger in lots of ways and help Skye as his partner. I have a goal and I need that kind of strength to get there! Do you have a goal? I don't think so. You would understand why I want to fight if you did."

Volca shrugged at the Snivy. "It's all good girly. I ain't got a quarrel with ya."

Skye could feel Ellie's bristling energy and sighed, wondering how he was going to explain to Bri that their Pokemon wanted a fight.

Years
Jack went into the cafeteria hoping some food would make his day a little better but seeing the cramped room must have killed his appetite as he took up too apples and looked for a seat. All of his pokemon were in their pokeballs as they didn't want alot of attention. Jack spotted a seat but a couple people were all already there and another asking to join.

Jack sighed he wasn't having a good already and didn't really want to talk to anyone so he walked slowly towards the group and took a seat beside them silently eating his apple.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype hoped on down to meet up with the Snivy. A Unova Pokemon... interesting! At the same time a girl from the Entei dorm had also walked up to the table. More company was always nice to have. She sure was shy though.

"Selene eh? Theres plenty of seats around. Feel free to sit wherever you like." Mark said to her, smiling.

Sableye gave off a large smile to the Snivy. "Sable! Sable!" ["Well from the look on your face, I'm gonna guess you haven't been having a great first day huh?"] Snype said to her cheerfully. ["I'm Snype. Pleased to meet you."] He said, bowing a little and holding out his hand for a handshake.

SelenaStar

Years
Selene watched as a boy sat down, eating his apple, and suddenly felt like a bit of an idiot for making a big formal show of arriving. She blushed and sat down quickly, Riolu crawling from her shoulder onto her head. She would get the hang of this human interaction thing...she would. If it killed her.

"Not feeling particularly sociable today?" She asked the boy, taking Riolu off her head and placing him on the table in front of her. He immediately begain sniffing at the toast rack and darted out, taking a piece and sitting back in front of Selene, munching happily. "I don't really blame you...it's all quite overwhelming isn't it...this new place, all these new people...I'm Selene by the way, from Entei dorm." she stuck her hand out then immediately felt awkward...again, too formal and staged...dang blast it.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Hi Selena! I'm Bri! Of course you can join us! You're new too? I got here yesterday. Do you know what classes you have yet?" Bri asked. He saw someone else join the group. He was munching on an apple. Unlike the rest of them, his pokemon were still in their pokeballs, which Bri thought was a little weird. But that was his call, so Bri ignored it.
"Hi! I'm Bri! What's your name?" Bri asked him.

"I have a goal, but I don't feel the need to tell you! And if you desperatly want to fight that bad, let's go! It won't prove anything except that one of us is a better fighter! I don't really care about that, but you clearly do. You have no thoughts in your head except that you have seen a rival and must run her off. You're no better than a wild pokemon!" Snivy said, almost shouting. Bri turned to look at Snivy. She was livid. He looked at the equally angry Eevee. Brian knew that the situation might be bad.

"Hmm... Skye, I don't usually ask this, but would you and Ellie battle me and Snivy? They are getting so worked up over there that they may start without us. And Snivy's been meaner than usual, and probably should work off some of that steam. So... How about it?" Bri asked. He didn't think he could win, but that didn't matter. Snivy would calm down a little after a battle. He wasn't ready, after all, he had practicly run from a battle before. However, this time he knew what to do. A Sableye ran up to Snivy and introduced himself. Snivy glanced at him. She ignored his hand, but said, "I'm Snivy."
That was all the greeting she gave, as she was too busy keeping an eye her opponent.

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Years
Selene smiled brightly at the boy who had spoken to her. "Thank you, I kind of made an executive decision to put myself here..." she laughed nervously. "I...you have....Sableye is a really unusual choice of pokemon..." she finished lamely, inwardly grimacing. "I didn't mean that in a bad way!" she said hurriedly, "just for a starter pokemon at this stage..." she stopped talking as Ri took control. He strode over to the Sableye, Snivy and Snype purposefully and held out his little hand, wiping toast crumbs off it as he did. "Ri, Ri, Riolu" he stated forcefully. [I'm Riolu, and my trainer has not much in the way of human interaction skills. But she will get better.]

Years
""I'm Jack", I just did at least 50 laps around the field sorry if i'm not up for conversation" Jack replied as the girl stuck her hand out wanting a handshake. Another trainer with a snivy began speaking now asking the other girl for a pokemon battle seconds after meeting her which Jack didn't really appreciate. The girl came here to sit couldn't he give her a second before asking that Jack wondered but just went about eating his apple.

SelenaStar

Years
"Hi Bri!! It's great to meet you," Selene smiled, feeling somewhat more relaxed in the group's company. She coughed and tucked her hair behind her ear, "How're you finding it so far? What dorm are you in? I have no idea about classes yet...but maybe I should find out...where do we even get that information from?" She looked around, only the quiet boy still had his pokemon in their pokeballs. She reached down to her belt and unclasped her second pokeball, releasing her Swablu. His cottony wings fluttered as he hovered by her head and he settled on her shoulder, tucking in his wings.

Fuyu

Years
Skye nodded softly, seeing Ellie's sudden flare. "Don't... insult wild Pokemon!" Ellie screeched. "Wild Pokemon are fighting to survive! That's something you would be doing if you were out there, you sheltered little jerk! I just want to have a friendly fight! But evidently you wouldn't understand that's a way to get to know somebody because of that stick up your tail!" The Eevee, strangely, looked close to tears. Skye patted her head gently. "I want to beat her up Skye!" the Normal-type whimpered dismally. "Let me shut her up. Let me teach her a lesson!"

Skye murmured. "O-Okay Ellie, just duh-on't cry."

"I'm not!" Rama and Volca both laughed quietly at that and she glared at them half-heartedly.

"S-Sure Bri." Skye lifted his head to smile at the other boy. "L-Let's b-battle."

Nideous

Years
An unknown Riolu walked up to Snivy. He said some things which she didn't really pay attention too. This was getting ridiculous. Snivy was just about to yell at them all to back off, when Bri scooped her into his arms.
"C'mon you guys, be easy. She gets scared of large groups! And when she's scared she can be really mean," Bri told the pokemon that had clustered around her. He Sat back down and rejoined the conversation, with Snivy looking over his shoulder at Ellie. Bri knew that if those too didn't kill each other, they'd end up as friends. He just hoped they could tolerate each other until they got used to each other.

"Sheltered? You have no clue what the world is really like. I was lucky I found my trainer, or I'd still be out there in the cold. Oh, and a friendly battle? Ha, doubt for one second that you even know what that is! And You're right, putting you on the same level as a wild pokemon is and insult to them," Snivy said. She was so angry at this little runt that she could barely hear Brian trying to calm her down.

"S-Sure Bri." Skye lifted his head to smile at the other boy. "L-Let's b-battle." Bri smiled back, although somewhat shakily. He got up from the table. Suddenly he was a different person.
"Umm... Where can we go to battle?" Bri said nervously. He couldn't help it. He always got like this before a battle.

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Years
Selene turned back to Jack slowly, her eyebrows raised. He was somewhat abrupt...but! her first day was not the day to be making enemies. So she smiled brightly. "Wow, 50 laps! Some would say that was excessive, I say that's dedicated for your first week. I'll leave you to your thoughts, then." she smiled and then turned her back to him.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype frowned when Snivy ignored his hand. She didn't even have a nickname of any sort, not that it was a problem. Worst case scenario, He comes across another Snivy and confuses it with this one. Something was up with the girl, but Snype didn't want to intrude on her business. He wasn't interested in making enemies unless it was for fun. Snivy's trainer picked her up once Selene's Riolu joined the small group. Turns out the Snivy was about to get into a battle. She was getting into quite a fight. He wasn't exactly sure whos side to take as both pokemon were acting like jerks to eachother...

Mark's mouth was wide open when he heard Jack say he ran 50 laps... this was the same guy?! Sheesh... Lt Surge must have been strict. Note to self, Don't piss him off. So many new people... He couldn't handle introducing himself to each of them. The shy girl caught his eye though. Being as social as he is, He though about talking to her. She did make a comment on his Sableye after all.

"Unusual choice? Hehe. Guess that makes me an unusual person huh? Snype over here as gotten me both into and out of trouble evenly. We've been partners since I was a kid!" He exclaimed cheerfully. "He might not be able to evolve, But he sure is a tricky little bastard in battle."

Renege

C arry T he F lame
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
[Outside Battle; Wallace v Ace]

Wallace noticed that Ace was talking to his Pokemon probably some plan about how to dodge Lome's Aerial Ace. He smirked as he watched Lome get closer and closer and then Leafy began to open its mouth. A large jet of water burst out and hit Lome dead on.

"With that Water Gun he won't let me get close enough," Wallace pondered out what he could do, "He'll come to us!"

Lome started into another Aerial Ace maybe this time she could push through the water at the speed she was going it wasn't impossible. "Aerial Ace! If Water Gun's his only trick we'll eventually get through the stream and make direct contact!" Wallace muttered the last part to himself so Lome heard his Aerial Ace command. Lome ran towards Leafy again this time she wasn't going to fall for the Water Gun trick she had something up her sleeve er wing.

Fuyu

Years
Skye smiled placidly and pointed to a clearing outside. Ellie snarled softly but suddenly paused. Her very body eased into calm and she gave the Snivy a level stare. "You really are blind. You don't know my past; I don't care if you do. Nor do I care about yours little drama queen. Let's go already." Ellie smiled. "I want to see what a fellow former wild Pokemon can do. Good luck. You might need it." Skye gave Bri and Snivy an even smile, his hazel eyes glittering faintly.

Nideous

Years
Skye pointed to a spot outside. Bri nodded and walked outside. He set Snivy down and took a place behind her, where he could say his commands and be heard clearly no matter where she went.

"You say I'm a drama queen? Hah, good one. I didn't know you had a sense of humor! And that makes two of us not caring about knowing your past. Right now all you see is the enemy in front of you, and you're blind to anything else!" Snivy said. Bri looked at her.
"Umm, Snivy. The same could be said about you right now," Bri said to his pokemon. Snivy looked at him.
"Great, now you're on her side?!" Snivy said.
"No, I just want to to calm down and focus! If you try to battle while your so mad, you won't win at all!" Bri said to her, in a calm and soothing tone of voice. Snivy looked at the ground. She knew Bri was right, but it was hard. That brown rat over there somehow knew exactly what to say to make her mad!

Fuyu

Years
Skye smiled softly. "C-Calm n-now E-Ellie?"

Ellie nodded. "Yep. Thanks Skye." She took a deep breath and smiled. "I'm ready," she called gently. "You can take the first move." She sat where she was, only a few feet from her Trainer. "And stop insulting yourself; it leads to bad self-esteem. Focus isn't a bad thing."

"For Reshiram's sake, Ellie stop taunting her!" Rama muttered. "I know it's easy to rile her up but geez..." Volca peered at the fight below him and shook his head.

Nideous

Years
"I get the first move? Are you sure? Alright then... Snivy, umm, use Vine Whip! No, wait. Use, uh Bullet Seed!" Bri said. Snivy tried to do both and ended up shooting her own vines with the glowing green seeds. She cried out in pain and stumbled a little, causing her to shoot seeds up into the air.
"Snivy! I'm sorry!" Bri said. He knew this would be bad.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
(OOC: For my portion of the story to continue, some people need to be in my class. Otherwise, my story will not be able to continue.)

Glen Tiranti stood up from his desk, preparing for his next class, teaching Pokemon Biology to students of incredibly high caliber. The man was very excited to teach about Cells in Electric Pokemon. He wanted to tell the students about the special genes in electric Pokemon cells that code for special proteins that give electric Pokemon special powers.

Mr. Tiranti set up a PowerPoint on his computer as students were walking into the room. Glen also checked his iPhone quick for email. The man then set up a song called Get This Party started, which he played until the bell rang. The teacher went to the door to greet his students.

When the bell rang, the Biology teacher closed the door, turned the song on his iPhone off, and switched to a song called Winds of Morocco. As the song started, Mr. Tiranti walked to the front of the room, and his PowerPoint came into view. His PowerPoint had an image of a Pikachu, which was on a yellow plane with the words Electric Genetics on it.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Today, we will be talking about the genes of electric type Pokemon. First, however, before we go over this new information, we need to review a couple of things."
"First, the central dogma of biology. DNA is transcribed into mRNA which is translated into a protein. In simpler terms, DNA is the instruction manual for proteins. We get into the nitty gritty about how these instructions are actually processed."
"So... genetics of electric Pokemon."

Mr. Tiranti clicked a button which revealed a new slide covered with names of proteins.

"Thunderase is an enzyme that bonds with lightningcule. A chemical reaction causes lightning to form outside of the body. That is a basic molecule for electric type moves. Also, there is T-wave-ase, T-bolt-ase, T-shock-ase... They all bond with different forms of lightningcule, which scientists creatively named lightningcule 2, 3, and 4."

"So this is really basic stuff. Now, we are going to talk about why a chemical reaction will cause lightning to spurt outside a Pokemon's body. Any questions before we move on?"

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
Ellie blinked softly and looked up at Skye. "C-Calm d-down, Bri," the boy encouraged gently. "Y-You guys c-can do i-it."

"Try again," Ellie ordered smoothly, scratching her ear to get rid of an itch. "Relax a little both of you."

"Y-Your S-Snuh-Snivy's tuh-too wound up a-and yuh-you, Bri, are tuh-too ne-ne-nervous. S-Snivy, luh-look a-a-at Ellie. Sh-She c-calmed down; so, so yuh-you nuh-need to ah-also. A-And Bri," Skye smiled again. "Duh-hon't worry. Y-You're gonna g-get ih-it. Ju-Just buh-be p-patient."

Back