• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I still can't endeavour myself for believing this...

Accela Warrick

Solty Rei fanatic
Years
I really apologize for posting such a careless topic.....
I really can't believe this once I saw it in action.
It noticed this while I was EV training Gengar in LG.
And, I know a few of you haven't noticed this because, as all of you know, Gengar is a special sweeper & desolates most of your opponents Pokemon & nobody would match up a ghost type & a fighting type.
The point it, after all of my years as a GBA player, I didn't mind to see this...
Gengar, a ghost & poison type can gat damaged by a fighting attack!
I know you won't believe me but I will still explain how in the world is this possible.
If you switch Gengar with the Pokemon that will get damaged by a fighting attack, no damage. It is also the same if Gengar attacks last- "It doesn't affect Gengar..."
But, if Gengar attacks first & the fighting Pokemon is still alive & uses a fighting attack(such as Revenge, Seismic Toss, Karate chop, Vital throw, etc..) Gengar recieves a not very effective damage.
Maybe this is because, when a ghost Pokemon attacks, It gets revieled. And when it dosen't it, it hides itself, therefore evading damage.
If it dosen't sound logical, I apologize.

I turned my game off once the idea of a glitch appeared in my head(I also tried it in Emerald<None of my game paks are fake>)
I truly don't know if its a glitch or not.
I hate myself for not noticing this minute & rare detail...
Please post your opinions about this.
(You people are free to call me "paranoid", "Noob" or an "idiot" because It really fits me & I think its not called flaming when the person accepts the statement)

Azonic

hello friends
Years
Still, Revenge should not hit Ghost types if I'm not mistaken.

I have yet to test this out on LeafGreen, but it is probable that you have switched in on a Foresight. What Pokemon was attacking Gengar? If it's Machop / Machoke, then it's possible that they used the move Foresight since they do learn it by level-up.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
The ONLY way a Fighting attack will affect a Ghost-type (doesn't matter what the sub type is) is with Foresight or Odor Sleuth. If you can recall where this battle took place, I can verify whether or not the aforementioned moves could have been used.

Asday

PokéFreak. Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2011
Maybe this is because, when a ghost Pokemon attacks, It gets revieled. And when it dosen't it, it hides itself, therefore evading damage.
Spelling issues aside MY EYYYES! =[ I reckon it'd be more something along the lines of: It needs to make certain parts of itself solid, to interact fully with this dimension, and those parts can be hit, therefore damaging it, if only slightly.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Your a parnoid nooby idiot -.-

Jokes.

Yh it may have used oduer slueth or foresight, If not.....Then it may be a glitch.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
It's just a glitch. Nothing else.

Edit: Unless, of course, it used one of the aforementioned moves.

Back