• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No$GBA Vs. Desmume

No$gba Vs. Desmume

• No$GBA

Votes: 284 45.2%
  • Desmume

Votes: 345 54.8%

• Total voters

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
Years
I literally just downloaded NO$GBA.
The only game I have right now is Fire Red and it's been working fine with absolutely no lag at all and saved perfectly.
I couldn't even manage to get the Desmume download to work. :P

faospark

web Developer
Years
NO$GBA to the win!
DeSmuMe is too slow and loses some parts in some sprites...

NO$GBA has its own 3D renderer which makes it go 1.5x faster than OpenGL.
Also with some great options in NO$GBA 2.5c

im not trying to argue but dude do your homework... DeSmuMe has faster 3D renderer than No$GBA.. and in fact it can run all the sprites and graphics of most games in full detail at 100% speed.

and source development wise... desmume has made drastic advances for the past two years compared to NO$GBA's last update (January 2008)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I literally just downloaded NO$GBA.
The only game I have right now is Fire Red and it's been working fine with absolutely no lag at all and saved perfectly.
I couldn't even manage to get the Desmume download to work. :P
You are playing GBA game on No$GBA? That is pretty much crazy you know =D
No$GBA should only be for DS games =)

Anyways do you guys like No$GBA just because of speed factor? =)

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
@Ash493: It's No$GBA.

I've been using No$ for nearly 2 years, and it rocks. DeSMUME is allright, but it's slower than No$.

faospark

web Developer
Years
You are playing GBA game on No$GBA? That is pretty much crazy you know =D
No$GBA should only be for DS games =)

Anyways do you guys like No$GBA just because of speed factor? =)

dude it's the only GBA emulator that made the full transition from GBA emulator to DS emulator... that's why it has a very loyal following...

I still don't get the fact that people love this emulator just becuse of the speed... this speed feature of NO$GBA is actually its main downfall in terms of stability

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
They all run really slow on my computer... No$ Zoomer doesn't work at all...
Anyway I only use emus for challenges, so I can speed it up while I grind. And when I just get impatient, expecially on slower games like Pokemon Red. I do use an R4 pretty extensively, however, lately I have preffered to buy the games (although I may use R4 first so I can make sure it's not crap).

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
I use NO$GBA with Zoomer, it works perfectly for me. I just wish I could change this opening pic in Zoomer :)

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
Years
Desmume has proved better than No$GBA for me. For any game even. In fact, even with the Zoomer, No$GBA is like...10 times slower than Desmume. Plus Desmume can play more games for me, and won't crash every five minutes.

So yeah, I use Desmume.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years
I think the reason that some people have better luck with Desmume is because their rigs are better; Desmume needs a good system to run at peak efficiency. No$ is good for comps that... well, that suck. Like mine.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I think the reason that some people have better luck with Desmume is because their rigs are better; Desmume needs a good system to run at peak efficiency. No$ is good for comps that... well, that suck. Like mine.

Sometimes it could also be because of the version they're using.

What I've experienced with NO$GBA 2.6a with the NO$Zoomer, I have had lagging with most recent games. And while some don't work at all.

The latest version of DeSmuME is 0.9.6 incase some of you might not know already.

Oh and also... if anyone is downloading DeSmuME, don't forget to check what the version is. ;D

abood321

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2010
I can only Play my Pokemon white rom on desmume and it's extremely slow It doesn't work in nosgba

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2010
I originally used DeSmuME because you didn't have to convert the save files to work with PokeSav, and it could run HG/SS without the need of a patch. I still use it now.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2011
Desmume's emulation is far superior if you have a computer that can handle it. In fact I'm pretty sure that it emulates it perfectly, once again, if your computer is good enough to handle it. If you have a crappier rig then no$gba will work better.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
I like No$Gba. I have had every game working with it (all others than Black&White, but I think those are gonna work too). I've had 2x more troubles with Desmume, I think it doesn't like my computer and it's soooo slow. If I play Pokémon Black in Desmume, it works right but I have only 50% speed, if I play on No$Gba it plays in full speed, only problem is that I can't save.
No$Gba is an old emulator already, so that's why you have problems to play new games.

EDIT: Now Black works almost at full speed in Desmume, I don't know why but it works better with older version of Desmume...

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
DeSmuME for me. It's so much better than No$GBA, because it runs smoother (and my PC isn't even designed for gaming!) and at about 220% without limiting framerate on maximum settings.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
I wanna know how you guys get Desmume work so fast on your computers. I have good computer but I dunno about Desmume settings. In No$Gba, I don't need to even look at settings and it's always full speed (Almost, only thing where I can't get No$Gba full speed is Pokéathlon but I can always do that on my DS Lite)

Back