• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite 4 Help (Leaf Green)

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I don't know if I'm ready for the E4 yet. My team is:
Blastoise- Lv. 53; Ice Beam, Surf, Hydro Cannon, Double-Edge
Ninetails- Lv. 51; Overheat, Double Team, Confuse Ray, Flamethrower
Victrebell- Lv. 50; Razor Leaf, Toxic, Giga Drain, Flash
Marowak- Lv. 51; Rock Slide, Earthquake, Brick Break, Thrash
Hitmonlee- Lv. 50; Rolling Kick, Mega Kick, Brick Break, Strength
Pidgeot- Lv. 52; Aerial Ace, Fly, Wing Attack, Steel Wing

For Victreebell I'm willing to replace Toxic with Sludge Bomb, but I don't know how to get it.
Any suggestions? Also, if I need more training, where should I? Victory Road isn't really helping.

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
First things first, you should get rid of Victreebell's Flash using the move deleter man in the house next to the Pokemon Centre in Fuschia City, then you can have both Toxic and Sludge Bomb. Use a HM slave for Flash.

Hitmonlee and Ninetales should get you past Lorelei, smash and burn that ice.
Victreebell for Onix and Pidgeot for the rest should get you past Bruno.
Blastoise to ice beam Golbat and Marowak for the rest should get you past Agatha, but you might start to struggle with low levels here.
Pidgeot, Victreebell or Blastoise could take down Lance's Gyarados and then just use Blastoise's Ice Beam to take down the dragons.

And with Gary, Ice Beam Pidgeot, Double Edge Alakazam, Surf Rhydon, Surf Arcanine, Double Edge Gyarados, Ice Beam Venasaur. You could take them all out with Blastoise if you were lucky.

In fact, if you must train, focus your training attention on Blastoise.

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Just don't forget to invest all your money in potions, revives and full heals first, because you'll probably lose a few times before you beat them.

Soar

n00b
Years
If its not a nuzlocke i would suggest going as far as you can (no potions as that would waste them) and train as you go (its okay to lose a few times)

If it is a nuzlocke do what Yellow Silver Nostalgia suggested.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't recommend a reckless recoil move like Double-Edge on Blastoise and I would instead take Bite, just to have coverage against Ghosts, but I don't think you can access a move relearner before the E4. Been so long since I played FRLG that I'm not even sure. Everything else I would have said has been said though. Next time you have questions about in-game teams, post it in the in-game team help forum. I'll go ahead and move this there now in case anyone has more to add.

If its not a nuzlocke i would suggest going as far as you can (no potions as that would waste them) and train as you go (its okay to lose a few times)

If it is a nuzlocke do what Yellow Silver Nostalgia suggested.

Usually someone will mention if it's a nuzlocke, so I think it's fair to say this isn't a nuzlocke run haha.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Thanks a ton Yellow Silver Nostalgia. I updated my team:
Blastoise- Lv. 55; Ice Beam, Hydro Cannon, Surf, Skull Bash
Hitmonlee- Lv. 51; Rolling Kick, Mega Kick, Brick Break, Strength
Victreebel- Lv. 51; Razor Leaf, Toxic, Giga Drain, Solarbeam
Now, here comes the bad part.
I spent a ton of PD on Ice Beam.
I only have 23,970 PD left, and: 15 Super Potions, 2 Hyper Potions, 10 Full Heals, 10 Fresh Water, 10 Soda Pop, 3 Full Restores, 2 Lemonades and 1 Max Potion.
I need healing items and I only have 23,970 PD left.

Years
Thanks a ton Yellow Silver Nostalgia. I updated my team:
Blastoise- Lv. 55; Ice Beam, Hydro Cannon, Surf, Skull Bash
Hitmonlee- Lv. 51; Rolling Kick, Mega Kick, Brick Break, Strength
Victreebel- Lv. 51; Razor Leaf, Toxic, Giga Drain, Solarbeam
Now, here comes the bad part.
I spent a ton of PD on Ice Beam.
I only have 23,970 PD left, and: 15 Super Potions, 2 Hyper Potions, 10 Full Heals, 10 Fresh Water, 10 Soda Pop, 3 Full Restores, 2 Lemonades and 1 Max Potion.
I need healing items and I only have 23,970 PD left.

If you need more money, just bust out your VS Seeker and rebattle some trainers. If you don't have a vs seeker, its in a poke center in Vermillion City, just talk to the girl near the counter. I believe she has purple hair.

Back