• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
This is something I noticed while figureing out the IV's of my pokemon. On every pokemon, on the top screen of the moves page, ONE stat is red. Its not easily noticeable. But, what does that mean?

Is one also blue? This is to do with the Pokémon's natures. The stat with the red shadow is the one that is raised, and the blue one is the one that is lowered.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
Is there a random chance for a Pokemon to have his included Hidden Ability?

While manipulating RNG, is it necessary to catch a Pokemon over lvl. 50 to figure out what IV's it possesses?

I get a "program failed to initialize properly" error when I try to open RNG Reporter from the RNG Guide

Is an egg's RNG calculated when you recieve it?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

While manipulating RNG, is it necessary to catch a Pokemon over lvl. 50 to figure out what IV's it possesses?

No, Hidden Ability is its Dream World ability, what you would get if you were catching it from there. Therefore, for some Pokemon it's just impossible to get it and for others it's very easy.

Figuring out exact IVs isn't really necessary except for initializing the RNG Reporter. I'm not really sure what the lowest level is to know exact IVs, but you could always use an IV calculator and keep track of EVs and level it up a bit, use Rare Candies, or trade to someone here who can check for you.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

If you're breeding Pokemon (assuming the female has the DW ability and Ditto isn't one of the parents), there is a 60% chance that the offspring has the DW ability.

In Gen IV, yes. However, in Gen V, it's preferred you do this in the first cave in Victory Road.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
How do I get Landorus to show up?
I have both Tornadus and Thundurs and I'm at the shrine, but nothing is happening.
I interacted with the shrine too. =/

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Also, one of them has to be from your own game I believe, you can't trade to get both of them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well after reading this thread, seems to have been spoiled for me, but anyone care to enlighten me? I have Pokemon Black, so I don't really know whats the new features so far.

- MegamanC

Well since this isn't really relevant to the Black City/White Forest thread, this place is most appropriate to link you to our FAQ containing the new features. Have a read of that and if you have any more questions, ask us in this thread! :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yes. =/

I killed my Thundurus. D:
Does that mean I can't get Landorus?

Face the Elite Four and it should start to appear again (not sure if it's only before the post-game or not, but it's worth a shot if you killed it post-game anyway).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Is an egg's RNG calculated when you recieve it?

No one got to this cause you edited it in later, but yeah, everything is set in an egg when you get it. Otherwise it would be super easy to save right before an egg hatches and then just reset lmao.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
WTH???

What happened to the L=A Option??? How am I supposed to play pokemon one handed now?

They got rid of it. If you have big hands, or set the console down, you could still play one handed. Alternatively, you could use your feet if your hands need to be doing another activity.
You could discuss the omission here, along with any others you have found.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
Really...? Thanks. I'm probably-possibly-maybe going to get White tomorrow, so I'll let you know. What does vm mean though? Sorry. I'm pretty ignorant. Does that mean pm, or is it something I'll figure out in-game. Heh.

I can confirm that I just got the Victini today. It was supposed to end a while ago, but it is indeed still online. (At least in Canada)

ceremony

rah rah
Years
Well, I haven't been here in awhile. That's summer for you.

Has anyone come up with a great Battle Subway team yet? I prefer the Single Battles.

I'm asking for specifics, like items, EVs, movesets, natures.

I tried google, but I never got a solid answer.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well, I haven't been here in awhile. That's summer for you.

Has anyone come up with a great Battle Subway team yet? I prefer the Single Battles.

I'm asking for specifics, like items, EVs, movesets, natures.

I tried google, but I never got a solid answer.

Well this place isn't really where to ask for Subway team help (as in nobody will help design you a great subway team from scratch), rather you'd be looking for in-game team help. Remember though you can't ask for exact movesets, etc, so just instead mention a few Pokemon/movesets you have in your mind and the members there will improve upon it for you by giving you advice. :)

Really any team (well not ANY team) can be good, or bad, depending on the trainer.

ceremony

rah rah
Years

Well this place isn't really where to ask for Subway team help (as in nobody will help design you a great subway team from scratch), rather you'd be looking for in-game team help. Remember though you can't ask for exact movesets, etc, so just instead mention a few Pokemon/movesets you have in your mind and the members there will improve upon it for you by giving you advice. :)

Really any team (well not ANY team) can be good, or bad, depending on the trainer.

I EV trained my team and all, but it's frustrating when I'd do well and then I run into that one opponent that can mess up my day. I need to start anew.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Then start a new thread there with the Pokemon & movesets you have - since it may just be one Pokemon that throws off the balance, and if changed it could make a significant difference. No harm in asking, since you can't ask someone to make you a team from scratch as said, so you potentially gain a better team and lose nothing, win/win imo.

Ashley182

I.MISS.YOU.
Years
This is going to be a noob question, I warn you :3

I've read online that if you get the feathers of the bridge in Pokemon Black/White, They can raise your EV by 1 in the certain stat they are for? Is this true?

Could you give your pokemon 252 of them, and EV them through feathers? or is there a certain amount that a pokemon can consume/use?

Thanks

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This is going to be a noob question, I warn you :3

I've read online that if you get the feathers of the bridge in Pokemon Black/White, They can raise your EV by 1 in the certain stat they are for? Is this true?

Could you give your pokemon 252 of them, and EV them through feathers? or is there a certain amount that a pokemon can consume/use?

Thanks

Yes, it's true. It's also possible to EV train your Pokemon with these feathers (you can use them even if your Pokemon has 100 EVs in the appropriate stat), but it's not recommended since it's time consuming to get the feathers you need and you're better off just fighting wild Pokemon for EV training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back