• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if they made a seperate Anime series for each generation?

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Title say it all.

For example, Ash would be the main hero of Kanto, Jimmy (or Ethan) for Johto, May for Hoenn (to give some gender diversity and variation among the main trainers) and Dawn for Sinnoh (same reason for May). It all takes place in the same universe but follows one after another as sequels. Sorta like the Power Rangers. It'd be good depending on the writing and storytelling.

And please don't say something like "It wouldn't be the same!"

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I agree with you. I personally thought it should have ended in battle frontier and then in the D/P anime have Dawn travel around by herself. Your idea is hitting it a bit early, but it does take care of the character development issues that disappeared in the D/P anime.

~First Snow

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
That would be nice, but Ash is here to stay. What would have been even better is if they had more than one trainer in the spotlight each gen. Like say if Ash was kept we'd be updated on his adventures, and in another episode or part of that episode it would be focused on the other trainer. Then sometime later on the anime they both met up.
---
oh boy, that sounds stupid and I haven't even press the submit button yet :D

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
That would be nice, but Ash is here to stay. What would have been even better is if they had more than one trainer in the spotlight each gen. Like say if Ash was kept we'd be updated on his adventures, and in another episode or part of that episode it would be focused on the other trainer. Then sometime later on the anime they both met up.
---
oh boy, that sounds stupid and I haven't even press the submit button yet :D

Well that's what did happen in the beginning of D/P.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Sorta like Power Rangers... >__> How many of us would know because....? Umm. Right, I had no childhood.

I don't like that idea. Too many characters to have to remember and choose from. Besides, Ash and Pikachu became like the representatives of Pokemon halfway through Kanto. None of this could have, or should happen.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
That canonically and logically would make more sense than sticking with one main character all the time ^^

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I do like the idea but I don't think it will happen... :(

I would rather have Marina in johto rather then Jimmy, shes more funny! Shes supposed to be a top co-ordinator now as well (Well marian said so =P)!~ :D

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
How come you never post back after I give my response? Is it cuz I make so much sense? I mean, look at Yugioh GX and Digimon Zero Two, both happened after there original series. Fans of those shows say those series are the worst and they should have stuck with the cast they had from the beginning. With the Pokemon fans, people are complaing that Dawn's leaving or Brock's leaving, just imagine how many fans would cry about Ash leaving? On top of that, Ash and Pikachu are mascots of the series, trust me it'd be much worse. And Pokemon Chronicles was a different series so fans were fine with that, so that series is not a good example I mean its fine cuz you can watch one series with other characters but still keep Ash as the main character in the main series.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Well that's what did happen in the beginning of D/P.
for one or two episodes. We're talking about the whole series here.

How come you never post back after I give my response? Is it cuz I make so much sense? I mean, look at Yugioh GX and Digimon Zero Two, both happened after there original series. Fans of those shows say those series are the worst and they should have stuck with the cast they had from the beginning. With the Pokemon fans, people are complaing that Dawn's leaving or Brock's leaving, just imagine how many fans would cry about Ash leaving? On top of that, Ash and Pikachu are mascots of the series, trust me it'd be much worse. And Pokemon Chronicles was a different series so fans were fine with that, so that series is not a good example I mean its fine cuz you can watch one series with other characters but still keep Ash as the main character in the main series.
Well replacing at the start of every new gen would get tiring after awhile, but so is having the same hero for over 11 years.
Pokemon fans could complain, but honestly the anime was already so horrible and predictable that Ash leaving wouldn't have damaged it any further. They could have brought in Max, switched to Gary, brought back Misty, May, or Tracy. Heck even just used Iris as the main character.

I guess our opinions differ too much. Some pokemon fans would welcome a change in main character, some may not. But you can't tell me that you wouldn't get tired of Ash if the series was still going another ten years from now.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
If they got rid of Ash sometime... anytime... I could guarantee you I would have given the anime a second look. But as long as they keep the whiny arrogant brat and his annoying yellow rodent, there is no incentive for me to watch.

I would have supported this idea 100%. After all, in the games you don't play as Red for every generation, so why must the anime follow this path?

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
for one or two episodes. We're talking about the whole series here.

Well replacing at the start of every new gen would get tiring after awhile, but so is having the same hero for over 11 years.
Pokemon fans could complain, but honestly the anime was already so horrible and predictable that Ash leaving wouldn't have damaged it any further. They could have brought in Max, switched to Gary, brought back Misty, May, or Tracy. Heck even just used Iris as the main character.

I guess our opinions differ too much. Some pokemon fans would welcome a change in main character, some may not. But you can't tell me that you wouldn't get tired of Ash if the series was still going another ten years from now.

Hey, I've been a fan of Ash since the Kanto days, still am so no I don't think I'll ever get tired of him even past Best Wishes. Even so, if you replace him with some guy like Max or Gary people will just say oh no its a repeat of what that characters doing every day. Its going to be same thing with every character, than fans would be like I wish Ash was back trying to become a Pokemon master. Yes, some fans would love change but I can say a lot would not welcome this. Its too late now, maybe had they replaced him when Kanto ended it'd be like what Digimon is today. Guess what though? People miss Tai, who was the leader of Digimon series 1 to this day even.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
If they got rid of Ash sometime... anytime... I could guarantee you I would have given the anime a second look. But as long as they keep the whiny arrogant brat and his annoying yellow rodent, there is no incentive for me to watch.

I would have supported this idea 100%. After all, in the games you don't play as Red for every generation, so why must the anime follow this path?
Um, there was Pokémon Chronicles? But that only lasted through Hoenn! It was great, if you haven't watched it yet I would advise you to give it a try :)

Vernikova

Banned
Years
Chronicles was just some random episodes that had nothing do with the each other (Save LoT) so why should they be compared with the animé?

Anyway, I doubt that it would be much different from the current animé.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I wish the characters in Chronicles had their own series that took them all the way through Johto
THIS IS WHY

Jimmy-Not a Whiny annoying b*tch like ash
Marina-More Generic than Misty
Vincent-Vincent has Meganium, 'nuff said
Eusine- <3

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
I wouldn't mind as long as they mixed up the plot. I don't want to see each protagonist doing gyms. -.-'

Why not? You always do it in the games? Besides, you got the evil team of region to occupied the plot between Gym battles and let's not forget about filler.

And how would they make it to the Pokemon League?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hmm...I reckon they'd have to give cameos to previous characters, such as appearing in Pokemon Leagues and whatnot...but then it'd be a more child-friendly version of PokeSpe manga...

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Hmm...I reckon they'd have to give cameos to previous characters, such as appearing in Pokemon Leagues and whatnot...but then it'd be a more child-friendly version of PokeSpe manga...

That would be pretty good, despite the toned down violence.

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
Years
NO.

Pokemon's fine for the target audience. You may or may not be a part of it.

Back