• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Obviously the Dratini is the one you get from Benga after beating White Tree Hollow (which is shiny by default and those IVs probably are default as well)
And Cress is obviously RNGed.

As for RNG... yes, you cannot see the difference between RNGed and non-RNGed Pokemon that's why RNG is so widely used.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
hello :D
so I was playing my Pokemon White 2 and I was planning to add a Grass type on my team. My first choice was Ferroseed so I'll have a Ferrothorn. Then I found out that I'll get a free Lvl 30 Deerling. Sawsbuck is pretty cool either, and is few levels away to evolve. So I can't make up I put Ferrothorn or Sawsbuck in the team. HELP PLEASE. Thanks.

Hey Guys,
I just got from the East of Opelucid City to the East of Nimbasa City. That's Right. I think I wiped out every trainer in the post national dex. and my team level isn't high enough yet. it's only less than lvl 60.its not enough to defeat the champ. so where is a good place to train?

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey Guys,
I just got from the East of Opelucid City to the East of Nimbasa City. That's Right. I think I wiped out every trainer in the post national dex. and my team level isn't high enough yet. it's only less than lvl 60.its not enough to defeat the champ. so where is a good place to train?

I think that's just right for Iris, who uses Pokémon from levels 57-59. If you really want to train more, train in Unova's Victory Road.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think that's just right for Iris, who uses Pokémon from levels 57-59. If you really want to train more, train in Unova's Victory Road.
Be vewy quiet. We hunting Audino.

Where? We on Route 23. Now hush!

Cyclone

Years
Just tried the EV training

As the title says I tried the EV training thin people talk about
Trying to raise my Cubones speed stat while giving him the item power anklet and decided to battle Basculin since people said they give 2 speed I battled like 6 or 7 of the Basculin and my Cubones speed stat only incresed by one
And did the exact same again without the power anklet on and it only incresed by one that time

Why didn't it increse by more than 1 like most guides said it would

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
As the title says I tried the EV training thin people talk about
Trying to raise my Cubones speed stat while giving him the item power anklet and decided to battle Basculin since people said they give 2 speed I battled like 6 or 7 of the Basculin and my Cubones speed stat only incresed by one
And did the exact same again without the power anklet on and it only incresed by one that time

Why didn't it increse by more than 1 like most guides said it would
You are correct. You gain 2 EVs from battling a Basculin. And the Power Anklet enhances it. Source.

The problem I see is what you're looking at. The Speed stat. does not increase by 6 every time; your Speed IVs do. The EVs are something you cannot see without an Action Replay. Based on what you are telling me, I observe that if you plugged your game into an Action Replay with the code to see IVs/EVs activated, and then follow the directions to see them, you would see a minimum of 12 or 14 for the battling plus 24 or 28 for the Power Anklet boost. If the Pokémon has Pokérus, double this. Without Pokérus, the smallest number you would see next to Speed for EVs is 36 or 42. You do not know this normally, however, and have to keep track internally.

You also have to keep in mind that, at some point, EVs are no longer gained. When they max out, that's it, unless you feed it EV reducing berries.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
Obviously the Dratini is the one you get from Benga after beating White Tree Hollow (which is shiny by default and those IVs probably are default as well)
And Cress is obviously RNGed.

As for RNG... yes, you cannot see the difference between RNGed and non-RNGed Pokemon that's why RNG is so widely used.
well you see, Cresselia wasn't RNGd. She was spawned via pokegen. So there is no difference between RNG (via in-game) and spawning via pokegen. except of course, it's much much faster via pokegen.

This is a huge problem (IMO) and kills trading. I'm seriously looking forward to NO migration from Gen 5 to 6.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
well you see, Cresselia wasn't RNGd. She was spawned via pokegen. So there is no difference between RNG (via in-game) and spawning via pokegen. except of course, it's much much faster via pokegen.

This is a huge problem (IMO) and kills trading. I'm seriously looking forward to NO migration from Gen 5 to 6.

You'll be able to transfer from 5 to 6. I dunno who told you that you couldn't, but its going to be able to be done. There are hints with current events that suggest that you can and its kinda a staple to link generation games.

shae

Veteran Trainer
Years
I just looked on serebii and i saw that you can get the special metagross by participating in the driftveil gym season. My question is what is it? And how do i get in it? If you can pm the answers that would be great

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think signups go for a week, but I am not sure the start date. You have to compete in some tournament. As for the Metagross, it appears here in the Event Database; that itself isn't available until May 30.

Cyclone

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I just looked on serebii and i saw that you can get the special metagross by participating in the driftveil gym season. My question is what is it? And how do i get in it? If you can pm the answers that would be great

You have to participate in the TCG League in real life. More info on this can be found on the official site.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
black 2 wifi trading/battling

hi all

i was wondering if its possible to trade/battle over wifi on black 2?

many thanks
craig

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Breeding question

I was browsing the web and someone said he has a Skarmory with the following moveset:

Roost
Spikes
Roar
Drill Peck

Now, I get that Drill Peck was taught via breeding with a Doduo/drio, but how exactly did he manage to get Roost on it?

EDIT: Whoever moved my post moved it to the wrong board, this is a question regarding Black, not Black 2.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Your post was moved to B2/W2 Quick Questions for one specific reason: Roost is taught via Move Tutors which are based in those games. You can trade one back to B/W, but Roost cannot be learned specifically in those two games by Skarmory.

Cyclone

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
I was browsing the web and someone said he has a Skarmory with the following moveset:

Roost
Spikes
Roar
Drill Peck

Now, I get that Drill Peck was taught via breeding with a Doduo/drio, but how exactly did he manage to get Roost on it?

EDIT: Whoever moved my post moved it to the wrong board, this is a question regarding Black, not Black 2.

Move tutor in Black and White 2 will teach Roost.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Anyone know where in the Dream world I can find Purloin?

Unfortunately, you cannot. The only way to receive a Purrloin with Prankster is to encounter a Liepard in the Hidden Grotto in Routes 5 & 9. They have a 30% chance to be a female, which is what you would need in order to breed a Purrloin with Prankster.

However, Liepard only have a 4% encounter rate in the Hidden Grotto in Route 5, and a 15% encounter rate in the Grotto on Route 9. Even more so, when a Hidden Grotto refreshes, there is still only a 20% chance that there will be a Pokemon in it.

So...um, happy hunting, and best of luck to you! However, you could always check the Trade Corner, if you'd rather the easier way! (Be sure to read their rules and guidelines before posting).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back