• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dark Shadows

What Starter should have the second event?

• Treecko

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Chikorita

• Bulbasaur

• Charmander

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Squirtle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
I would if i could but it won't let me create a new one :(

also he didn't say anymore so i would go ahead and make some up

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Ah, sorry I won't have the Elite 4 done today, I have like 2 pages of math problems for tomorrow. ;w;

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Ya tyrogue is probably better as his stats arn't as high because i had to boost ralts stats to make him able to stand a chance, but it doesn't matter now.

btw I am close to being done the second city but waiting on blindbommer for the inbettween route so it might be a while

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
Update!

Aurora hearts has finished a few of the OW for the female character..
thought i would show you guys. The default name for the female character is Siren.
picture.php

Currently you can walk forward, back (sort of) and sideways (sprite changes every step) but will soon have it working properly.

I have finnished mapping the town and gym just have to do a few scripts and stuff and will probably have 0.4 this weekend :)

I might wait until i get all the female OW so don't be suprised if it is a little late

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
Really its hack has excellent spriters, scripts seems well also to be made, waits some newness soon, tiles is good, I did not only like very them colors red it totodile, and this mini of the heroine can be improved.(very litle)

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2010
hey this hack looks great! i was just wondering im new to roms and hacking and all this and do i have to rename the aps file to gba to play it? ( i just downloaded the .3 beta )

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
@warmachine that is a patching file like .ips if you have heard of it. you need to patch a clean firered rom the use it. Use A-ptch to patch it. you can get a-ptch from here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025

@wesley Thanks glad you like it... You can thank aurora hearts for the sprites :)

Yes!!!!!! I fixed the sprite swap glitch with the help of a fellow hacker! Now i don't have to worry about that. This will be fixed for 0.4 so keep checking back!

Last edited:

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years

btw i have created and inserted the sprite for KAI thew second gym leader
here it is:
picture.php

please comment because i think it is ok but if somthing needs changing now is the best time.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
this games looks like it has a lot of potential. now, are these teasers equal to alphas or are they different? anyways, looking forward to playing it

Smarties

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2010
Scripting and Grammar is fine as well as the storyline and features except for mapping. You need to improve more and play around with it while having fun.

No offense but the maps are boring. Anyway. I'm sure that this is going to be a good hack you just really need to improve and I'm sure you'll get what it is. :>

Good luck and I'm hoping to see more.

Forbidden1

csgo
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
this is one of the hardest hack ive played so far, there are many trainers in mt shadow.. and all towns and places are large. this hack has a lot of potential, i cant wait for the next versions..

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
I agree my mapping isn't the best... I need to work on it.

The demon totodile i had never seen before I really didn't know about that. I got the idea because my friend started re-coulouring sprites to demon forms.
Where did you get the picture from? I don't see it in the thread.

Teasers are like demos of what i have done so far... They are fully playable. use a-ptch to patch the game wiith the .aps file

um is the game being hard a good thing?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I had to take the screenshot myself, If you play the alpha, You'll see it's an event near the of of the alpha.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
hey, i just finished the final teaser you have and it looks very promising.
i really like the story line and i love the demon totodile. i think you should have more special events like the demon pokemon but also good pokemon from the light team. theres only one thing you need to improve on and that is your maps. add some flowers or a few more buildings and i think you will be good.

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
Years
I will be adding light pokemon too. Cyndaquil is next and he won't be demon i assure you... but you won't see him/her for a while. I also agree that my maps need work. They really arn't that good i probably need somone to do mapping.

Ok, in the future i will try to avoid that... Is there any other demon pokemon in the game?

0.4 progress: text editing and one script and i am done Kairain Town... I still need to get route 5 from BlindBommer and the OW from AuroraHearts. The OW can wait but i kinda need the route so please be pacient everyone.

Last edited:

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
Hey I saw the picture of the legendary Pokemon! Looks awesome, is it a light Pokemon? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back